• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
🥃
IMG_2382.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I’ve not noticed any drop off. If anything of the companies I’ve dealt with CJ are probably the only one that hasn’t let me down. Especially when it comes to made to order either group or single stuff. I’ve no particular affinity to any brand so have no dog in the fight as it were but CJ is definitely not a company I’d associate with being on the slide.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve not noticed any drop off. If anything of the companies I’ve dealt with CJ are probably the only one that hasn’t let me down. Especially when it comes to made to order either group or single stuff. I’ve no particular affinity to any brand so have no dog in the fight as it were but CJ is definitely not a company I’d associate with being on the slide.
Second that. I only have three pairs of C&J purchased since 2021 but have been very impressed with the overall quality. My only issue was a wayward tongue on one of my Islays. Also, my cobbler who switched those Ilsays off the Dainite raves about C&J quality, and he can be downright brutal about some famous brands that don't impress him.

Fenners81

Reaction score
Anyone checked out the closing down sale at Matches? 40% discounts on a few C&J models. Still some pretty standard sizes left too. What's really annoying is that they have the roughout Conistons I paid £350 for a couple of months ago at £300. Oh well.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone checked out the closing down sale at Matches? 40% discounts on a few C&J models. Still some pretty standard sizes left too. What's really annoying is that they have the roughout Conistons I paid £350 for a couple of months ago at £300. Oh well.
No C&J but I did order an RRL sweater.

Conistons are showing $417 for US and that's the pre-tax price.

Kind of funny they're finally charging less for UK customers than US customers. Prices were usually considerably cheaper for US than UK especially sales. US folks would clean them out of sale items before the sale was available for UK customers. Of course maybe that has something to do with why they're going under.

tomsocal

Reaction score
No returns for sale items from the US. If only I was sure of my 325 or 314 sizing but probably both are a no-go anyway.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quarterly visit to corporate HQ and maiden voyage for new Bostons with city sole purchase from Fulham ES. Took awhile to break in at home as the 314 last is much tighter in the toebox than same size in the 325, 335 and 365 lasts. Sizing up a half size was too big as I initially tried it at the NYC Soho store.

IMG_1016.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good looking out man, I grabbed a brown rough out Coniston for practically nothing 👍🏽

Mannion

Reaction score
I'm looking for some sizing advice, I know it depends on fit and last etc but what size/width would be equivalent to a Brannock/US 9.5EE?

doctorvai

Reaction score
My first pair of C&J. They're 8E UK and I think they fit alright. The left one fits nicely, the one on the right is a little tight due to a higher instep. Overall, I think they're breaking in nicely as I've been wearing them now for 4 days for the 9to5.

IMG_5749.jpeg

Looking to get the Bostons and they on a different last. I don't have a Brannock nor there is a C&J store around... any idea what size should I order ?

jellyroller

Reaction score
I'm looking for some sizing advice, I know it depends on fit and last etc but what size/width would be equivalent to a Brannock/US 9.5EE?

I’m close to that Brannock. My Allen Edmonds size last I checked was 9EEE. I wear 8.5E UK in C&J and very occasionally have had to size up to 9E to get enough width. I’ve never tried C&J in their G width (and there aren’t many RTW makes in G width anyway).

jellyroller

Reaction score
My first pair of C&J. They're 8E UK and I think they fit alright. The left one fits nicely, the one on the right is a little tight due to a higher instep. Overall, I think they're breaking in nicely as I've been wearing them now for 4 days for the 9to5.

View attachment 2181555

Looking to get the Bostons and they on a different last. I don't have a Brannock nor there is a C&J store around... any idea what size should I order ?
Nice! What are they? Pembroke in dark brown wax?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I typically am a US 9E/EE, I find that if it’s not a narrow last I can wear most C&J lasts in a UK8.5. In terms of equivalence, you’re looking at UKG’s, which as previously stated are not prevalent. I guess us Americans all have duck feet 😄 I would be very surprised if you could get a UK8.5E to work for you. Of course this info has the caveats of “depends on the last,” and “I’m just some guy on the internet.”

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junglemike