• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
last week was mega, to borrow a word from purp-
IMG_7685.jpeg

this was the first thing i noticed at my first stop sunday morning. thickly layered and carved oil on canvas, signed 'vladimir, 003'.
IMG_7687.jpeg

I'm pretty confident after a bit of research that the artist is Vladimir Cora (https://www.artsy.net/artist/vladimir-cora), which makes this my best art find by a lot, maybe my best find period
IMG_7689.jpeg

signed, dated, and inscribed in spanish on verso, though the pencil has faded enough to make it tough to read some of the upper text.
IMG_7688.jpeg

of course the rub is i really like the piece! i just dont know if love it enough to ignore the market forces at work... regardless, the rest of the week was good enough i can afford to think on it some.
IMG_7692.jpeg

been a minute since I found any real english tailoring-
IMG_7694.jpeg

bulletproof tweed in a killer check, tailored just about 50 years ago by JC Wells ltd. First time hearing the name, stumbled on a pretty great little thread on him in the aaac archives: https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/threads/j-c-wells-london-tailor.63587/
IMG_7696.jpeg

a more familiar label, USA made olive flannel with a pale lilac overcheck.
IMG_7698.jpeg

my boot luck lately has been insane, i need to do a dedicated post, but these are the most recent
IMG_7709.jpeg

obviously the trench boots (in my size :) are the standouts, i've wanted a pair for about as long as I've been thrifting. Super clean too, with pretty fresh vibram soles... they SEEM vintage (no marks, signs there used to be a cloth label) perhaps resoled? or possibly a good contemporary replica. oh and some osb moc boots! size 7.5
IMG_7710.jpeg

also pictured: crispy alden ptbs in black scotchgrain and the oldest pair of dexters i've ever seen. need some tlc but I like the clean saddle design.
IMG_7712 (1).jpeg

and how about a weeks worth of bb makers blue ocbds? with a white mercer & sons for good measure, you know, for sundays
IMG_7715.jpeg

and it funally ficking happened!! took a decade but hey, thrifting isn't an instant gratification deal.
IMG_7719.jpeg

i've been burned before, almost left it behind, but it just felt right. rolled edges, 90x90 on the dot, extra 'hermes' with the accents and copyright and all
IMG_7720.jpeg

and also i found this old listing from sothebys- https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/_hermes-Black-and-Gold-Feux-de-Route-Silk-Scarf
feux de route, designed by Cay Camber, $3.99.
IMG_7722.jpeg

don't sleep on muffy young scarves either, wasnt familiar with the label but really nice handknits in silk etc.
and of course yard sale season is here! I've had a bunch of interesting comeups but I'll wrap up with this personal grail I picked up for $25-
IMG_7746.jpeg

a 60's danish rya shag rug, ~ 6x4 with an incredible handhooked sunburst motif. i got to the sale late figuring most of the good stuff would be gone but found this beauty piled unceremoniously in a corner. in great shape save for a couple small sticky patches I need to work over. as always there's more to share when I can get around to it. til then good luck out there my friends!

Attachments

• IMG_7714.jpeg
    IMG_7714.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 1

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics