• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what ive worn with shirt variations for like the last 4-5 days

topwear wool cap (with ear flaps)
big ben chore coat
Engineered garments chambray work shirt
Ã¥hlens hood
patagonia vest
lvc 501 37
timberland

hap3002.jpg

hap3003.jpg

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like that look, superbobo. you have the workwear aesthetic down pat.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^thanks
smile.gif
ive been trying to get away a little from the "vintage workwear" look abit though, since ive gotten more interested in trad/outdoors/"sports" -wear and thing like that. So im blending in a bit of different influences since Im really not interested in looking "straight out of 1920". Im more after a relaxed vintage inspired casual "street" vibe. Funny thing is that I realised I looked like an ordinary american dude yesteday in a patagonia fleece vest, grey hood, loose jeans and brown boat shoes
smile.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i totally know what you mean...and reading that post, boy you got me in a rambling mood so i'll give my input as an addition to what you said:

I think what I wore today is, in a certain way, the look that is most representative of my style philosophy. As I got dressed today I was thinking about how I resembled one of those maybe 40-something Japanese guys I run into sometimes while shopping at Yohji Yamamoto Aoyama. They are wearing ensembles that are composed, yet it looks slightly off for their age and somehow, in an ineffable way, slightly inappropriate yet it makes sense when you look at their appearance and swagger. I resonate with Yohji because in his universe, there's no perfect way to wear anything, and it got me thinking how I have always been attracted to the idea of contradiction and tension between polar opposites...the idea of put togetherness on the surface with an interior mind that is hedonistic and totally reckless and you can sense it in the smallest details of one's dress and aura. Yohji himself seems like a serene zen master, yet is a heavy gambler, smoker, drinker and womanizer.

And at the moment i've got Jay-Z, in all his grown man wearing baggy jeans swaggered out glory "30 Something" on repeat on my speakers...heh. The irony...

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by king1986
30msl5z.jpg

.stussy. deluxe
.rip-off&duplicate
.sexsc02
.chucks
.s2a

How are the canes working out?

bassounds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by buttonman
bassounds, what somet did you get and what size?

Somet 008 (slim fit, indigo), size 28. For reference, I'm 5'8", 140 lbs. There's a sizing chart on the BIG site.
thanks

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
YMC jacket
fred perry polo
shipley halmos trouser
PSxtriumph boots

Not bad - great cut on those sh trou. Are they from Secret Service? They had a nice selection of their stuff when I was there.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Not bad - great cut on those sh trou. Are they from Secret Service? They had a nice selection of their stuff when I was there.

Yep, got it at Secret Service. Not really a fan of S&H's overall line, but these trews stuck out in a good way.

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
It's just my take on a more modern, youthful way of styling khakis. They're a casual sub for my Lanvins, which you can see from previous pics have a slight bunching as well. I know Styleforum prefers shorter inseams in general, but sometimes i think it's more important to look at overall effect rather than trying to insert some standard or rule as if it was a computation. I'm not saying people should be stacking suit pants...but take these pants with no break or even one too slight and the whole thing is thrown off.

Guess it just seems like the pants are wide enough that the back of the hem would get torn up.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
^^^^ GS! I'm surprised by the cut of the S & H trousers, they look good, I presumed they would be chasing mass accounts by offering the "everyman" fit in all categories, I guess not, unless you sized down 5? iTunes Playing: The Losing End (When You're On) by Neil Young & Crazy Horse from the record Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere Vintage Tee x RRL x Red Wing Explosions In The Sky at The Wiltern tonight! anyone else in SoCal going?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads