• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Pockets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
You really shouldn't have bothered. It looks like an outfit created for the mentally challenged, all that's missing is a rubber helmet and a lollipop.

Gee thanks. I have actually liked a lot of your fits, and disliked others, but I have chosen not to lash out at you or any other posters with childish and pseudo-clever negative commentary.

Way to welcome a guy to the forum.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
You really shouldn't have bothered. It looks like an outfit created for the mentally challenged, all that's missing is a rubber helmet and a lollipop.
That's the kind of witty response to a first post that makes a person look downright xenophobic. Cmon, you want new people posting here... don't you?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
IMHO if you were to get a shirt MTM for a tapered fit like that, I think it'd go better tucked in. I prefer the untucked look more when one is wearing a looser shirt.

That shirt is actually pretty loose and drapey, but I disagree with that premise in any case. There isn't as much difference appearancewise IMO if a shirt is tapered if you're going to tuck it in.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
31108picne2.jpg
[/quote]

That's just sick
worship.gif

David Webb

Reaction score

Real nice, asshole. This from a guy who posts fits wearing an old-man underwear t-shirt and wears denim leggings. You look like the bigger marsupial to me.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh, this forum is so entertaining these days.

lurker[1].gif

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Pockets
Gee thanks. I have actually liked a lot of your fits, and disliked others, but I have chosen not to lash out at you or any other posters with childish and pseudo-clever negative commentary.

It's the only way I know how to respond to a crappy outfit. Would you prefer I lie? Perhaps you'll be inspired to try something a little more creative in your next post. What's stopping you from telling me why certain outfits are crap?. Bring on the tough love it's appreciated feedback.

Originally Posted by JD_May
That's the kind of witty response to a first post that makes a person look downright xenophobic. C'mon, you want new people posting here... don't you?
Sure I do, but a new crap outfit is just a new crap outfit. Like I said its takes something noteworthy for me to offer feedback, really good or downright bad. I've posted here for 2 years and today was only the second time I've kissed GS's bum for his outfit. If someone has an inspiring look I'll say something, if someone looks like a bag of diahorea I'll say something, it shouldn't matter if it's their 1st or 1000th post. Why should criticism be censored to some PG13 softly softly approach? At least my critique is shrouded in sarcasm versus just calling someone a "douche".
You guys need to get over the skinny jeans look like leggings issue already, such conservatism doesn't belong here , if you need to adhere to certain rules concerning silhouette then this isn't the place for you. A skinny fit is perfectly acceptable and comes down to confidence, comfort, styling and not weighing 300 pounds. I do understand how you may have confidence issues wearing a skinny jean if you live in the boonies with toothless parents in a town full of methed out red necks.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by David Webb
Real nice, asshole. This from a guy who posts fits wearing an old-man underwear t-shirt and wears denim leggings. You look like the bigger marsupial to me.
I always enjoy the feedback from lurkers with single digit post counts. It's like the kids in class that don't talk and then when everyones screaming that's when they have the courage to say something, but no one hears them!. Pay attention to the fact that I'm talking about the clothes, not the person wearing them, your 5 posts in and labelling me an "asshole", I would say thats a far more personal insult than any post I've made concerning a persons outfit. Poor show fella!.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If anything, this place is almost too polite. If someone spends some time lurking on the forum and still can't tell that the picture they post is going to get reamed, then they deserve the reaming.

If you start posting pics without spending any time lurking at all, that's just rude and you deserve to be reamed with a broken broomstick.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
If anything, this place is almost too polite. If someone spends some time lurking on the forum and still can't tell that the picture they post is going to get reamed, then they deserve the reaming.

If you start posting pics without spending any time lurking at all, that's just rude and you deserve to be reamed with a broken broomstick.

I'm officially declaring we change your name to "Yoda". Your age, insight and common sense deems you worthy of this award.
worship.gif

smoothy504ny

Reaction score

your first post in the WAYWT was not good at all. that is how you will be welcomed in a style forum. you recieved great advice from tiecollector about what was clearly wrong with your fit....try again and good luck!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm officially declaring we change your name to "Yoda". Your age, insight and common sense deems you worthy of this award.
worship.gif

Yoda... and broken broomsticks?
uhoh.gif

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with Baron and Rye GB and think it's totally cool to be very critical when a outfit is of such obvious poor quality. Personally I usually only comment a fit I really really like but I think this place needs more constructive critical feedback when the posts are ******. Please lash out at me if I ever post something as bad as that.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

Don't you know that he emerged from his mother's vaginal canal the epitome of "stealth wealth" style?

Originally Posted by JD_May
That's the kind of witty response to a first post that makes a person look downright xenophobic. Cmon, you want new people posting here... don't you?

Anything for the online circle jerk fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads