• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

linsook

Reaction score
img0829amb2.jpg

Just got my suit today, and I am very pleased with the quality and craftsmanship. I'm already getting prepped to purchase another, just need to tweak my measurements. Thanks Jason!

-William

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
cheers Lin, once we tweek a few things the fit should be spot on....back shoulder needs bringing in and the jacket skirt reduced, mostly
teacha.gif

SWB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
cheers Lin, once we tweek a few things the fit should be spot on....back shoulder needs bringing in and the jacket skirt reduced, mostly
teacha.gif

Hey Jason, I've been looking around for a few months now for a tailor I'd trust to bring in the back shoulders on my TaT jacket, but so far no luck -- do you think it's feasible to find someone to do this, or would you recommend just reordering the jacket from you with more precise measurements?

I'm planning to order a charcoal jacket (possibly suit) from you in the near future, but would love to have this black one functional too (it fits perfectly everywhere else). I don't know if you do alterations yourself, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable getting it done straight from the maker, and would much rather my money be going to you than a random tailor. Let me know if that would be possible, otherwise I'll just hold out for my next order.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Linsook,

The armholes on your suit look quite messy. Something is very wrong with the fit of the jacket, but I'm not sure what. It seems that the arm hole is too high, causing the sleeves to wrinkle at the back. Looks like this is a common problem from what I've seen on this thread. I'll make an order when this problem starts to go away.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coho
Hi Linsook,

The armholes on your suit look quite messy. Something is very wrong with the fit of the jacket, but I'm not sure what. It seems that the arm hole is too high, causing the sleeves to wrinkle at the back. Looks like this is a common problem from what I've seen on this thread. I'll make an order when this problem starts to go away.

i've noticed this as well.

GS - i think there are 2 main problems still left to tweak on your suits:

1. the above described problem of too much material in the back of the shoulders; i've noticed this is a recurring theme in just about all the photos i've seen.

2. the arm sleeve pitch always seems to be off a little; bringing it back a couple degrees would help immensely, if that can be done.

otherwise, everything looks incredibly refined, especially in the recent pics posted.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody is attributing "fault" but whoever making the patterns for these suits has to think about these issues. I've seen very few suits on here where the shoulders are perfect and sleeves drape perfectly without wrinkles.

vvoc, can you post photos of you wearing your suits? It'd be nice to see why you have no problems.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by vvoc
i dont think these are gs's problems...prob the measurments given....my suit personally fits like a glove (a gorgoues glove that i want to live in)....

i will probably have fit pics this sunday when I wear it... i have zero complaints and cant wait to order more.

vvoc

Reaction score
ya ill be wearing the suit on sunday and prob have pictures taken and will post some to show it

im just personally very content and happy with the fit, easily the best fitting suit ive personally ever worn...but i do notice that some have odd fits, im assuming its because of measurements were a bit off

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question for those of you who've bought TaT suits: how long did it take for you to get yours? (I placed an order recently, and I can't wait to see the results!)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ about 3 weeks

Also keep in mind the process we're dealing with here...basically I get measurements that may or may not be anywhere near accurate. I can't QC that aspect other than notice obvious deviations from the norm. But someone can also provide wildy inaccurate measurements that look completely normal. I think anyone who is expecting some kind of miraculous "perfect fit" (a term itself that varies depending on the person, my perfect fit wont be the same as someone else's) will inevitibly be disappointed, but for the majority I think we get pretty close.

fwiw, i think the best results are those who actually want my house design with very minimal, if any, changes to it.

thirdman

Reaction score
Does anyone have photos of TaT sack jackets that they've ordered? I want to get a jacket to wear casually in the spring/summer and thought that the sack jacket (in a lighter material, not the usual tweed of course) might be a good idea, with its lack or darts, softer shoulders, and patch pockets. But I don't think there have been any photos posted? Or is it just that most people have been going straight for the suits? (I should add that I bought a suit over the winter, and after a few alterations to make up for my measuring skills, I'm very happy with it!)

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads