1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Jan 12, 2007.

1. inviscid

inviscid Senior member

little updated of my suit and fit, still need to take the sleeves in.

http://paulmbaz.com/stills/wayw/061108-1.jpg[img]

[img]http://paulmbaz.com/stills/wayw/061108-2.jpg[img][/I]

Photo tip: Stand with your light source behind the camera, shining on the subject. Basically, face the window and put the camera on the window facing you.

2. Robertito

Robertito Senior member

But your tie and socks match beautifully.

3. Cryhavoc

Cryhavoc Member

Black one button ordered! I've created a tear in the sartorial force, I feel.

And I love it.

4. swordfish01

swordfish01 Active Member

ordered my second suit... this time a midnight navy flannel 2 button.. housecut.

5. Lel

Lel Senior member

Just a thought, it would probably be useful to update the first post of this thread with a simple FAQ and general info page. I only say this because several threads have popped up recently because new comers didn't want to go through and read everything and I think that a basic updated info OP with maybe a few fit pictures and answers to the most common questions will save everyone a lot of headaches.

6. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

Here is the TaT 1-button I wore to my school graduation. Excuse the poor picture but I took it for a WAYWT and I don't want to get dressed back up for fit pics [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The sleeves are a little long (hence the weird fists holding my shirt sleeves), but hopefully I can get them tailored even though this is supposedly difficult since they are functional.

Ordering from TaT was a great experience and I recommend them to all.

heres my first order, yep another charcoal. i think i did alright with measurements. went with the conservative cut, though would have liked the jacket to fit slimmer (not used to wearing a comfortable jacket hehe). the pants is spot on though. the sleeves need shortening but other than that im pretty happy with it. thanks jason.

next order will definately ask for a more aggressive cut with slimmer lapels.
    [​IMG]

Both very impressive

7. haganah

haganah Senior member

is it still $275 for just the jacket??
    Wait you can get just the jacket?

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

yes you can get separates.

Price starts at $315 for jacket, whereupon any fabric surcharges are added upon

9. sartort

sartort Senior member

any update on the 6x2 DB?

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I'm still trying to figure out if it'll be a 6x3 or 4x2, I dont like unused buttons on DBs so it wont likely be a 6x2. I'm working on it now and should have something ready to go by mid-end of summer (along with another website revamp)

11. GiantSwan

GiantSwan Member

I just got home to find that my suit has arrived! I am currently steaming it in the bathroom. After a quick try on, I can say its a damn fine suit. The measurements seem to have been right on, but I'll leave the final judgment to you guys. It is quite honestly the best fitting suit I have ever worn. The only thing preventing it from being absolutely perfect was my own decision to ask for it to be cut more conservatively. I was so afraid of having a a suit that couldn't be worn to work, that I think I lost some of the edginess. I don't have a digital camera handy but I'll try to borrow one and get some fit pictures posted tomorrow.

12. brissyboy

brissyboy Senior member

[​IMG]

Firstly I must say that Jason is a God among men. He was very helpful during the e-mails, answered all of my questions quickly, and the delivery was fast! It was shipped out on the 26th and I recieved it the 28th. Which is amazing considering I placed the order on the 12th I believe?

Secondly, the suit fits perfectly. The shoulders I were worried about, because I was quite sloppy about the back and how I measured them. But no, they are fine. The best part, actually. The waist is very supressed, just like I asked, and looks absolutely gorgeous buttoned or unbuttoned, giving it a nice versatility. The sleeves are simply spot on. They may look a little short in that perfectly posed correct posture position, but trust me in a normal stance they are just peeking out it is perfect. The pants are perfect, no/extremely slight break and tapered down near the end.

Thirdly, this is my first suit ever, but it will not be my last. Too long I have been to stores like Macys and went in away in disgust when the smallest they have is a 36/38, and I am clearly a 34. Disgusted by the low slung arm holes, the huge baggy sleeves and unflattering pants. This is the first suit I have ever owned and I am proud to own it.

Fourthly, the fit is near perfect. As in this is something I would expect from a professional tailor as if I actually went in and consulted them. Hell, this is something I'd expect bespoke almost. I have very, very, very slight nit picks. Nit picks as in, I am wholey satisfied with the suit and will never have an issue with the fit, but as in it is not perfect.

1.) The pants are a little too tight. I told Jason to have them be relaxed and thank god I did! But I am just unaccustomed to pants that actually fit, since most RTW dress pants hang like sacks of fabric. They are flattering and in no way bad, just smaller than I expected. This is not bad, just something I noticed. Still, very amazing.

2.) Now this is just extreme nitpicking. Maybe armholes slightly higher and chest slightly smaller. Now I don't even know why I am posting these "nit picks" because they are probably my fault. The fit is actually spot on, as you can tell. In fact, these nit picks are only things I would expect that a fully experienced bespoke tailor would catch by the 3rd or 4th suit.

Overall, I am blown away. I have gotten so many compliments already. I would have never ever thought that I would get a suit that is not only my size, but also my style. Short, slim, and supressed. All this for less than $500!? This is insane. Something like this is something I would have expcted to pay $1500 for at least, and probably a MTM program at a huge store/brand or maybe even bespoke. But over the internet!? Seriously? I will be buying more suits from Jason once I actually get a paying job. Seriously, to have a suit that fits me and is affordable is nothing less than a dream come true.

Now, off to find a leather jacket that won't break the bank but still looks flattering on my tiny frame...

Love the fit of the jacket, its exactly how I want to get mine. Just wondering how you measured yourself up, did you get a tailor or just a friend? And did you go by just the instructions on the site or did you add some mods based on other peoples comments or your own preferences?

1 person likes this.
  13. Lel

Lel Senior member

Firstly, I think the thing that helped me most is that I am asian and I suspect that Jason modeled the pattern after himself. We are of similar build, but I am a bit leaner. Secondly, I self measured. It's only a miracle that the shoulders fit so well. I would suggest getting a close friend to measure the more difficult parts (such as shoulder and back). The shoulders are great, maybe just slightly big (like, a cm) but still very snug. Thirdly, I had an old jacket my father used to have. It was poorly styled (sack, sleeves too long, low armholes, the typical RTW junk) but was roughly close to my size. I took some pictures to show him how poorly it fitted and my problems with typical RTW. I measured the bad jacket and sent it to him, to give him an idea I guess. I don't know if he ever used that information. Finally, mods. I widened the lapel to 2.75 inches I believe, or something like that. Lengthened it by maybe 2 inches? And I specifically asked for very strong waist suppression ala yfyf, a user whose style I greatly respect. I am immensely satisfied but the fit is not perfect, but far better than any RTW. If you are very lean, and are of an Asian build, then you will probably achieve similar results.

14. bruinesq

bruinesq Active Member

Ok I'm convinced.

I'm definitely going to purchase a suit after my State Bar exam is over.

And I'm near Pasadena, wohoo!

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Recent suits have all looked awesome. Good work! I'm waiting for my next one - should be here in a couple days.

16. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

Hi All,

I've justed signed up for SF and want have a few words about TaT

I had a chance to meet with Jason in Pasadena CA. I was honored to have my measurements done by Jason himself. Very cool guy btw.

I've ordered a mid-night navy suit, 1button, housecut. I asked Jason to put his creativity into it and he was excited because he said that most people have been ordering conservative suits.

About my taste, I don't like conservative suits as it is too boring to wear. Something more fashionable with a twist here or there to go to work is much more fun.

I post pictures when I receive the suit. Very excited.

Thanks

17. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Hey Guys-
    I just saw the notice on the blog.
    If you need anyone to model these new suits, I am sure you can find a few volunteers here. I call it first, though. [​IMG]

Really, really excited to hear that the DB is coming through.

18. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Hi All,

I've justed signed up for SF and want have a few words about TaT

I had a chance to meet with Jason in Pasadena CA. I was honored to have my measurements done by Jason himself. Very cool guy btw.

I've ordered a mid-night navy suit, 1button, housecut. I asked Jason to put his creativity into it and he was excited because he said that most people have been ordering conservative suits.

About my taste, I don't like conservative suits as it is too boring to wear. Something more fashionable with a twist here or there to go to work is much more fun.

I post pictures when I receive the suit. Very excited.

Thanks

I actually agree fully with your position that suits should be fun to wear.

Unfortunately, many in my profession do not. Why are lawyers so stodgy sometimes?

In any case, if it weren't for interviews and judges and whatnot, I'd wear a house style everyday.

I'm hoping to get away with my navy 1 button peak and PoW 3/roll 2 though. We'll see how that turns out.

19. brissyboy

brissyboy Senior member

Firstly, I think the thing that helped me most is that I am asian and I suspect that Jason modeled the pattern after himself. We are of similar build, but I am a bit leaner.

Secondly, I self measured. It's only a miracle that the shoulders fit so well. I would suggest getting a close friend to measure the more difficult parts (such as shoulder and back). The shoulders are great, maybe just slightly big (like, a cm) but still very snug.

Thirdly, I had an old jacket my father used to have. It was poorly styled (sack, sleeves too long, low armholes, the typical RTW junk) but was roughly close to my size. I took some pictures to show him how poorly it fitted and my problems with typical RTW. I measured the bad jacket and sent it to him, to give him an idea I guess. I don't know if he ever used that information.

Finally, mods. I widened the lapel to 2.75 inches I believe, or something like that. Lengthened it by maybe 2 inches? And I specifically asked for very strong waist suppression ala yfyf, a user whose style I greatly respect.

I am immensely satisfied but the fit is not perfect, but far better than any RTW. If you are very lean, and are of an Asian build, then you will probably achieve similar results.

Great thanks, will have to use an old jacket and mod it a little.

20. Lel

Lel Senior member

I hope you understand I don't mean that the old jacket was the primary means of measurement, it was very poorly fitted and was used to illustrate more of what I didn't want. Unless your old jacket fits very well, I would suggest you mainly use body measurement.