• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by smoothy504ny
2qsx9jo.jpg

affliction tee
seven jeans
velvet blazer
impulse boots

I don't mean any harm but you whole outfit is horrible. I am from DC/MD and you officially have no excuse for dressing this way anymore. You must burn you clothing immediately and go shopping at Denim Bar, Barney's and Dior. Please post new pics after you finish shopping. And bye the way the last time I looked the only people who are still wearing affliction in our area are douchebags not rockers.

Avyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by smoothy504ny
affliction clothing promotes a lifestyle of action sports, rock music etc. and that is the image that i try to convey...therefore i find affliction clothing to be excellent! to each their own
thumbs-up.gif

I found this to be very laugh-able. You know those "action sprots and rock music" guys get paid to wear that ****?

Welcome to Marketing 1101:

1. Put our clothes on people that get tons of airtime and the majority of the public idolize.
2. Charge insane prices for a sub-par hanes T.
3. Sheep follow.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Also tired of people trying to "convey" things.. Everytime I hear the word convey used in a fashion sense it always makes me think of some poser that wishes he was something, but doesn't ever do anything to get it or actually get into the culture.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Quick, someone post a pic in a bandana!
92193261.jpg
chronoaug-- do you have one to share with us?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Cold in LA!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^wipe the drool from your mouth

hi-val

Reaction score
When I see Affliction shirts, I often think that the person wearing them would just look better in an Iron Maiden shirt. Lots of people look better in Maiden shirts, actually. If you want to have graphics on your chest, it should be some skeleton freakin' delivering on some demon or something.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These past few days have been nutty in WAYWT.

Bandannas, velvet blazers, and Christian Audigier oh my.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
Smoothy504ny--You have succeeded in creating a polarity in the forum.
wow.gif

Hahah...Did I speak too soon?

Affliction...Sigh.

Ok, I like this Smoothy504 cat, he reminds me of my little brother actually. They both seem to have zero prejudice when it comes to brands and different clothing styles, which is something I like. I seem to be the lone ranger defending the n00b, so here's my defense for him.

With his first few posts, he's brought more variety than most of you have in the past year. I find it refreshing. I like how he's doing a lot of things "wrong" pretty well. He wears almost exclusively brands that get bashed to **** on this board, but for some reason it comes off as who he is. I think he'll only get better with time.

Anyway, do ya'll mofos realize how boring we dress? Most of your fits are endless repetitions of the same ****. It's boring. Oh look, Get Smart is wearing another Fred Perry shirt and some cuffed raw jeans with Paul Smith shoes. Yawn. Hey look at sauce wearing H&M again with some nudies. Woah. Hey, it's timbolpete (sp?) wearing Engineered Garments again. Oh wow, Drizz is wearing another blazer with a Zara shirt, once worn dry denim, and some shiny dress shoes.

ZZZzzzzzz.......

Please don't kill me guys (especially get smart, seriously, don't kill me), I love ya'll and truthfully I think you guys are the best dressed d00ds on the planet, but I'm just trying to make a point. The prissy elitism on this board is quite tiring.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami

Anyway, do ya'll mofos realize how boring we dress? Most of your fits are endless repetitions of the same ****. It's boring. Oh look, Get Smart is wearing another Fred Perry shirt and some cuffed raw jeans with Paul Smith shoes. Yawn. Hey look at sauce wearing H&M again with some nudies. Woah. Hey, it's timbolpete (sp?) wearing Engineered Garments again. Oh wow, Drizz is wearing another blazer with a Zara shirt, once worn dry denim, and some shiny dress shoes.

ZZZzzzzzz.......

Whew.

smack.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ We have a much greater and interesting mix of styles among the members than any other board that I'm aware of, except for maybe Zeitgeist. Edit: or maybe the purse forum.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads