• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I honestly liked the blazer

peepwall[1].gif

Everything else was/is crap. Lance you're right but you forgot to mention who, the biggest dud of all on the forum whose idea of spicing things up was throwing on a gay farmer's bandana and choking himself with it.

Cue whodini modifying my quote you predictable ****. You will read this when you try to quote it too you *************.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
You should go to bed. I bet you and your velvet blazer have a nice big day planned out at Knott's Berry Farm. That might be quite the challenge with the court-ordered distance of 100 ft from children but hey, you wear ruffled shirts. I'm sure you can figure it out.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Anyway, do ya'll mofos realize how boring we dress? Most of your fits are endless repetitions of the same ****. It's boring. Oh look, Get Smart is wearing another Fred Perry shirt and some cuffed raw jeans with Paul Smith shoes. Yawn. Hey look at sauce wearing H&M again with some nudies. Woah. Hey, it's timbolpete (sp?) wearing Engineered Garments again. Oh wow, Drizz is wearing another blazer with a Zara shirt, once worn dry denim, and some shiny dress shoes.
I haven't been here that long but I have to say that that's actually a pretty fair comment. Personally that tee shirt... it doesn't do anything for me, I pretty much think anything with skulls and demons and gothic crosses screams XXXTREEEM... but it doesn't offend my sensibilities either. The shiny purple velvet blazer does but that's beside the point. There is a narrow range of style that is lauded on here from what I can see, and any divergence from it met either with mild disapproval or, in this case (not that it's altogether underserved), vitriol. Not that I don't respect peoples' tastes on this forum, the stuff you guys like looks GOOD. But the notion that if the jeans aren't raw, if the pattern isn't subdued, if you're not wearing wingtips, you're doing something wrong... let people try new things? It seems to me inevitable that the attitude is just as trend-prone as that douchey, annoying, "Rocks or Religions or Sevens or Citizens or you're not cool" clubber look that's everywhere downtown and keeps me away from the nightlife around here. Anyway, don't hate on Get Smart's style. Dude has a specific look but seriously knows how to wear what looks good on him. Oh, and sorry for calling out the attitude of the boards when I have less than 50 posts. I read for a while before I posted. Just an observation, call it constructive criticism. No hate.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly, from a guy who doesn't know jack **** about streetwear, and generally dresses pretty conservatively, I am always amazed by how good the looks and styles are on this board. There are some guys who really stand out, but the overall quality is very, very high. I would say that it is easily higher than on the MC board.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Hey now, I've been managing to slowly purge H&M from my closet over the past year. Now it's mostly a few jackets I like, and some shirts.
tongue.gif

A lot of the regular posters have a very good sense of who they are, stylistically. There's no sense knocking Get Smart for having stylistic staples; they're what give him a consistent, personal look that immediately says something about who he is and how he wants to present himself. Get Smart wouldn't be Get Smart without the repetition. Chris, likewise, wears the same few "looks" all the time, but again, I don't find it "boring"--it's a consistent stylistic approach that he's made his own. I like to think that I have a similarly consistent approach, though it's less individual and notable than either of the posters I mentioned, for example. The list goes on, of course; berlin report, SuperBobo, timpoblete, whodini, Baron, many others. To a large extent I think this is because the board skews a bit older, and most of us have found a style we like and that we're comfortable with. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and if people find it boring, well... most of us don't post to entertain, we post because it represents our style, it contextualizes our posts, and because the more people who post their own takes on style and fashion, the more potential inspiration for everyone.

However, I do agree with some of your points, lance. I think that too many people on SF are too quick to dismiss diverging styles; when Chris first started posting, he took some flak, and to my mind he's clearly one of the very best dressers posting pics in WAYWN. There's also a sort of default StyleForum groupthink that gets a little tiresome. And many of us--certainly myself included--could stand to try a little harder to expand our stylistic range. All of that is true, and all of it probably needs to be said once in a while.

As an aside, this is also why Maharlika impresses me. The only thing really consistent so far is that he's constantly changing it up. The man's a stylistic chameleon. Very hard to do well, but he does. And I say that while maintaining that I don't want to emulate it; it doesn't make sense for me to constantly vary my style. It wouldn't really sit right. But it clearly does for him, and it works.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^ as usual... tons of panties get knotted up... then kb just keeps on keeping on. i don't even have to look at the actual link. it's enough that he's here. whatever.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
kb is the one constant in the sf universe, well him and whodini's raging homosexuality...

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have anything against graphic Ts, although I don't particularly like that particular one. I don't mind velvet/moleskin blazers either, although the fit just isn't very good in general in that particular example. It's more how the entire outfit is composed rather than the pieces in general.

B.Son
Nudie
Vans

47sf7.jpg

Coulomb

Reaction score
wearing bandanas is like walking a fine line between utter fagdome and complete uberness. Most fail and few succeed.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture002.jpg
jacket - number (n)ine hoodie - AA jeans - Dior sneakers - Converse

drainpipe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
jacket - number (n)ine
hoodie - AA
jeans - Dior
sneakers - Converse

What wash are those diors? Can't really say I'm digging it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads