• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Rome had no good shopping, whatsoever.

Paris had good shopping but that city doesnt believe in sales, at all.

Now London is where it's at. The entire city was on sale and it was sensory overload seeing everything at a discount. Also couldn't believe my size was available in most items. Here's some stuff I picked up for myself:

Paul SmithxTriumph mainline boots. Dark burgundy with laceup + sidezip
psbootskz7.jpg

Agnes b cotton jacket. (agnes b homme in London had an amazing selection, most sizes avail and all 50% off)
agnesbjacketcf3.jpg

Agnes b moleskin trousers with plaid cuff.
agnesbpantsre8.jpg

Fred Perry argyle cardigan (the guy working there knew me from a mod forum and bought a TaT cardigan from me at one point!! so we got another 20% off the 50% off sale they had)
fredperrycardiganse4.jpg

Fred Perry vneck sweater with cableknit stripes
fredperrysweatersu4.jpg

basic Fred Perry buttondown
fredperryshirtzw0.jpg

Nudie buttondown shirt (I think Rye has this too)
nudieshirtzm7.jpg

Pringle wool/cashmere shirt (maybe my single fave boutique in London)
pringleshirthy3.jpg

and a pair of teal selvedge Pringle jeans

nice stuff

I dont think sales start in Paris until 2 more weeks. Ive ordered stuff from Paris stores via mail lots of times and everyone who Ive bought from has claimed thatt here sales start mid late jan. IDK how the sales are like though or maybe they were just lying to me...

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Paris had good shopping but that city doesnt believe in sales, at all.
As has been said, the sales in Paris are government regulated and actually starts tomorrow, Jan 9th!

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Stephan Schneider, he's a belgian designer in the mold of Raf Simons.

more so margiela

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
another London purchase I forgot

Fred Perry waxed cotton harrington. Dark Green w/brown corduroy collar
fredperryharringtonha7.jpg

and last nite picked up stuff I set aside from the Paul Smith pre-pre-presale in LA

-Overdyed Red Ear selvedge jeans

-Dark forest green with grey trim cardigan

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Dries Van Noten Palermo khaki pants. $41 on ebay, when they arrived, they still had the tags from Ron Herman, marked at $460. Can't believe I got away with that one. Fit is perfect, but they are a little light for winter wear.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Also, GS, those Paul Smith boots are sick.

TheRealAshland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kstanl
Got these very cheap at a Diesel sale
DSC00029.jpg

Akv9s.jpg

Fit (from waywt)
DSC00017.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pics, bad cameraphone.

I love that jacket,...

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought any clothes this week because I spent about $500.00 on text books. F higher education, IMO.

the etruscan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I haven't bought any clothes this week because I spent about $500.00 on text books. F higher education, IMO.
Woah! Did you check amazon and all the online textbook-sellers first? They usually save me quite a lot of money. Last semester my costs would have been 280ish for 2 texts and I got them both for <$150. Shouldn't have, but recently acquired (just the pants):
product2319_large.jpg

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the etruscan
Woah! Did you check amazon and all the online textbook-sellers first? They usually save me quite a lot of money. Last semester my costs would have been 280ish for 2 texts and I got them both for <$150. This semester was even better. $240 at the bookstore, $72 shipped from amazon.

Shouldn't have, but recently acquired(just the pants):
product2319_large.jpg

I DID and $500 included buying 3 of my textbooks from Amazon. One was only $30.00 shipped, and one I found used at the bookstore for $70.00 or so. This has by far been my most expensive semester. The state however paid all my tuition and allowed me a $5.00 book allowance all for keeping my grades above a 3.0, and no, this is not a joke.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grey Cable Knit Sweater by Maison Martin Margiela sweater
Grey Corduroy Jacket w/ leather patch by J. Lindeberg
Flannel Shirt by Engineered Garments
Brown Workboots by Red Wing x J.Crew colloboration
BlackMilitary style boots with side zipper by Maison Martin Margiela

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
I DID and $500 included buying 3 of my textbooks from Amazon. One was only $30.00 shipped, and one I found used at the bookstore for $70.00 or so. This has by far been my most expensive semester. The state however paid all my tuition and allowed me a $5.00 book allowance all for keeping my grades above a 3.0, and no, this is not a joke.

They paid your tuition for keeping your grades above a 3.0?! Damn, **** payin $4k a semester....I'm movin to Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads