• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

Biscione

Reaction score
It appears dokelroth has made a faux pas
smile.gif
I also just checked my Zegna : same thing.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ARGH! you're killing me!

Your shirts are so crammed together, the collars of some shirts are overlapping other shirt shoulders?!?!? Please relive my sartorial pain, and put some space between your shirts, man!! I like the patterns and designs of your shirts.

Originally Posted by Biscione
Appreciation is one thing: how about a Roman orgy?

(Shirts are from various stores mostly in Milan or from my tailor).

J'aimelescravates

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As nice as I'm sure those shirts are I cringe when I look at these two pictures. You really must invest in some wooden hangers, space the shirts out and let them breathe!
smile.gif
There all smashed together like an orgy at a Turkish bathhouse...man that's some dirty dirty Appreciation

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It appears dokelroth has made a faux pas
smile.gif

I also just checked my Zegna : same thing.

It is an internet fallacy that patterns need to match. Don't worry about it.

Originally Posted by The_Foxx
ARGH! you're killing me!

Your shirts are so crammed together, the collars of some shirts are overlapping other shirt shoulders?!?!? Please relive my sartorial pain, and put some space between your shirts, man!! I like the patterns and designs of your shirts.

Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
As nice as I'm sure those shirts are I cringe when I look at these two pictures. You really must invest in some wooden hangers, space the shirts out and let them breathe!
smile.gif
There all smashed together like an orgy at a Turkish bathhouse...man that's some dirty dirty Appreciation

I store mine the same way. I wouldn't worry.

Biscione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
I like it dirty! But, I'm still a teenager, so I'm pressed for room. Also, the wire hangers may be second (or third) rate, but it's money that I'd like to spend otherwise at this time. However, I know you had only good intentions, so I assure you: in a few years time I'll be doing things in a manner you'd prefer
wink.gif

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tanalasta
Some of the shirts in the 'roman orgy' have quite good shoulder matching and although a few do appear they could have matched better, pattern matching is a mark of a quality shirt, it is by far the only criteria.

rolleyes.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Biscione,

I agree - I'm sure those shirts are nice but the way they're stored makes me wanna cry. Btw, are they RTW shirts or bespoke?

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to add To the dirty Appreciation tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Both RTW & bespoke ... No i dont fold either

I PROMMISE I WILL POST MY 1.st picture
biggrin.gif

Biscione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Biscione,

I agree - I'm sure those shirts are nice but the way they're stored makes me wanna cry. Btw, are they RTW shirts or bespoke?

A mix.

When I get a bit older, I suspect they'll all be bespoke.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shirt3li2.jpg
shirt2uj8.jpg
shirt1mt0.jpg
Not on there, summer: searsucker, madras cotton. pure linnen -short & longsleve. Recently worn, last weeks selection. Zegna (coton cashmere) Baldesarin (two-ply slimfitt) Adriano Fracassi (coton cashmere slimfitt). Some Nodus (french RTW) love their colar & cuff, the cutt is nice to. As you might notice
biggrin.gif
They are not ironed ... I first iron my shirts when i wear them, love a freshly ironed shirt. *Its just not the same when they were ironed earlier ...
bounce2.gif
BTW I think we need a "cufflink p0rn" thread. How about It?

Biscione

Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
shirt3li2.jpg

shirt2nw6.jpg

shirt1mt0.jpg

Not on there, summer: searsucker, madras cotton. pure linnen -short & longsleve. Recently worn, last weeks selection. Zegna (coton cashmere) Baldesarin (two-ply slimfitt) Adriano Fracassi (coton cashmere slimfitt). Some Nodus (french RTW) love their colar & cuff, the cutt is nice to.

As you might notice
biggrin.gif

They are not ironed ...
I first iron my shirts when i wear them, love a freshly ironed shirt.
*Its just not the same when they were ironed earlier ...
bounce2.gif

BTW I think we need a "cufflink p0rn" thread. How about It?

I see some pieces there I like a lot, especially in the middle section (largely because I have exactly the same patterns)
smile.gif
I also appreciate to see another individual who hangs their shirts and doesn't see a need to have them at store appearance at all times.

arnach- you're not very adventurous, are you?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
arnach- you're not very adventurous, are you?

When I was in the checkout line for those, some guy asked me if I had a "monk wardrobe."
laugh.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Biscione, I agree - I'm sure those shirts are nice but the way they're stored makes me wanna cry. Btw, are they RTW shirts or bespoke?
My closet is so filled up, I have to leave shirts folded up on suitcases that I stack on the floor alongside sweaters, etc. that are stacked on large piles of books.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads