• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
GDL I really really dig that IWC, a brand that i've never been that interested in. But yours has a clean simplicity to it that's appealing. Lately you've shown quite a few watches that I've really admired. *envy*
The Big Pilot is one the the baddest watches, ever. Maybe even THE baddest. If I had carte blanche over any wardrobe on this forum, I'd probably forget the clothes and commandeer Gdl's watch collection
smile.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I think that the shoes are pretty horrible as well.

That aside, while I like the individual pieces here, there is something a little off about the proportions. You said that you are a size 50-52EU, right? From the side picture, I'd say that that is a rather generous 52Eu. And you look like you have skinny legs. It may just be the camera angle, but the proportions are not flattering. You do not look thin enough to pull off the asymmetric oversized jacket, slim pants look, and although the jacket is rather fitted around the torso, it looks to be fairly long in the sleeve and the hem, giving it an oversized (or maybe just overlong) appearance. While that may be have been well balanced with some full cut pants, the slim trousers combined with no break look very unbalanced. The shoes complete this effect:

I know that Thom Browne. and the shrunken effect are very popular in some NYC circles right now, and that the influence is trickling down to contemporary these days, but I really think that some of your pre-Thom outfits are much better.

I assume that you are going to take this the wrong way, but I gotta try, right?

Swank Gone Wrong.

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
Today, absolutely no color at all, sorry GS:

wayw1110.jpg

Sauce-you pretty much get it right everyday in my book, but this...Wow...this I really love. I think it's the lighter grey pants that really makes it special and you wear a scarf so effortlessly. Beautiful!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like everything but the pants. Light grey + corduroy texture really doesn't work with the rest, especially the jacket.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
lol8[1].gif
marchal.gif
baldy[1].gif

BTW, is there a name for that triangle design w/ a round dots on each side that is above the IWC insignia? Posting responses to kali77's inquiry earlier this morning, I noticed a great many (BP "homage") watches share that detail and was just wondering about it myself.

This is part of the typical design of pilot watches. I don't know if there is really a name for it but I've heard it called "aviator triangle". My understanding (which may be wrong) is that it was initially used by pilots to quickly indicate a position by pointing the triangle (i.e. 12 o'clock marker) towards the nose of the aircraft and see the angle (e.g. "unidentified aircraft at 10 o'clock"). This function was obviously rendered obsolete by modern avionics...

Originally Posted by whacked
I read that you had bad experiences w/ Poljot, hence this sentiment. I like them just fine though, and their quality is decent for the asking price, as long as you purchase them through reputable sources. On Stowas, no matter how much their classic design appeals to my taste, I just can't get over the painted-on / toyish dial.
confused.gif

To each his own. I can only judge on the basis of my own experiences and the experiences recounted by others on watch fora. I've owned 2 Poljot and the quality was literally abyssmal. Fake Tags sold in Patpong for $20 are better made than these watches IMO. I would always recommend a Seiko over a similarly priced Poljot. Again, just my experience...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
GDL: I'm really liking the Borelli military jackets but I never check out their offerings, how's the fit and what would you compare it to? If its Zegna-ish I can't wear that stuff because it looks too boxy on me and not in a good Yohji way.

About Socal's jacket: I have a very similar one (same cut diff material and colour) from another season and knowing the fit I assume it was the angle, its not that long and definitely not boxy. You guys are however right that the buttoning is quite low, which is part of the charm. I often pair it with slim pants with no ill effect.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
GDL: I'm really liking the Borelli military jackets but I never check out their offerings, how's the fit and what would you compare it to? If its Zegna-ish I can't wear that stuff because it looks too boxy on me and not in a good Yohji way.
The quality is really unbelievable. The wool used is beautiful and the trimmings and details are what you would expect from Borrelli (e.g. that leather-looking piece in the back of the collar is genuine leather, etc...). The fit is trim IMO but I'm not a skinny man by any stretch of the imagination. I think it's definitely slimmer than the typical Zegna stuff found in the US. My jacket is a 52 and it is just roomy enough to wear a sweater underneath - any slimmer and I couldn't zip it. There is also a string inside to adjust and cinch the waist if needed.

I'm not sure if it's very visible on the picture but the armholes are quite high. I would compare the fit to my Nicholas K and Nice Collective outerwear. Again, I'm not sure that would work for a really skinny person but it's just the right fit for me

WAYWT_3nov_5.jpg

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Glasses : Alain Mikli
Jewellery : S2A, Ugo Cacciatori, Greg Wolf
Trenchcoat: Cloak
Sweater angled zip at bottom: Jean Colonna
Jeans: Cloak
Chelsea boots : Loakes

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuuma - that trench is very very cool!
inlove.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Oh man, I think I know that coat, and I want it. So expensive though. Man, stupid USD. I need to keep more money in my Canadian account.

It's from last Fall/Winter. There was also a trench version w/o a hood.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
BP_Panerissimi.jpg

The IWC "7 Days" and A. Lange & Sohne "Auf-Ab" are my favorite power reserve indicators.
22321797-884b-4912-b5d7-a22b42ba621f.jpg

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
recent LV trip, pardon my horrible paint skillz:

n6212618358234593706rq9.jpg

AA
Ripcurl
Nudie
Cons

n6212618358234624459ih2.jpg

Zara
Zara
Nudie

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeasantLLC
I won't be posting tomorrow because I'll be in orthopedics from all the heels and boots..Augh!
You are on a serious roll.
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
See that you don't.
plain.gif
It looks great, man! Sometimes I find back alleys or deserted streets (see today). Sometimes I have to break out the ninja skills. But mostly I just don't give a ****. Today, absolutely no color at all, sorry GS: Scarf Rokara jacket Some gray l/s thermal shirt Levis 514 gray cords eBay combat boots

I like those cords. Well done.
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Glasses : Alain Mikli Jewellery : S2A, Ugo Cacciatori, Greg Wolf Trenchcoat: Cloak Sweater angled zip at bottom: Jean Colonna Jeans: Cloak Chelsea boots : Loakes
This is perhaps my favorite look you've posted. Cool trench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads