• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Burberry Prorsum oxblood leahter utility coat with fox fur hood
Louis Vuitton grey l/s tshirt
Thom Browne cashmere mittens
Jil Sander jeans
Marc Jacobs grey wool/cream suede/red trim sneakers
Stowa Ikarus Airman

lunchday001.jpg

stowaclose.jpg

The Lanvin jacket is a 52 and I will say that in that pic the low button stance and the size of my chest give me a rooster like shape. The looking down angle doesn't help. I'll try to find one from the event.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
cool Stowa SoCal

ralph lauren black cardigan w/side pockets (which are red inside the pocket)
ben sherman gingham buttondown
agnes b navy jeancut trouser
paul smith brogues

1110picpr7.jpg

Chris.

Reaction score
in:

11-10-07.jpg

out:

11-10-07(2).jpg

ann knit coat / double oversized shirt / skull necklaces / extra long wool leggings / bag
rick owens tee / tank top
0044 fingerless gloves
ymc buckle boots

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Burberry Prorsum oxblood leahter utility coat with fox fur hood.

Oh man, I think I know that coat, and I want it. So expensive though. Man, stupid USD. I need to keep more money in my Canadian account.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Guys, people simply don't care if they see you taking a pic of yourself. It won't even register in their self-absorbed brains. Even if they did see you doing it, they still won't give a ****.

Who cares what other people on the street think anyway?

I dunno, I get a fair amount of people asking what I'm doing. I usually just say working on a photo-project

I guess it also depends where. By my dorm, people ask, but they know me, more or less. On the T or the platforms, people ignore you as much as possible, so if people notice, they are silent.

Honestly, my biggest worry is that I will set some the camera somewhere with the timer, and when I turn around some douchebag will snatch it and run. Maybe that's a bad mindset, though.

Originally Posted by Baron
^^ (pointing at Augusto)
I wasn't responding to your post, I was responding to Bridgen.

Guess I'm just self-absorbed....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Ha, thanks I think. It may say more about my ADD tendencies than anything else. Having a highly (free)associative way of thinking is sometimes helpful, sometimes not so much.
Plus, I do most of my sf-reading through the "new posts" filter rather than topic-by-topic, so I read your Gold Coast post no more than 10 minutes before I posted that.

Makes sense.

chrono, that's a bad-ass picture. Cool sweater too.

Get Smart, it kinda looks what an old man who'll still kick your ass would wear.

SoCal, fine until the fur hood. Hunt that down and kill it.

Chris, those boots are sex.

Today:
ClothingShots102.jpg

ClothingShots103.jpg

ClothingShots104.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Rye- The Sword is one of my favorite bands to come out in ages. Solid, solid, solid stoner nerd rock. Currently: "No Pun Intended" by the Hives (on a cold, rainy day I might add. Central America isn't supposed to be like this...) Here's my attempt to dress more like Faceman.
cimg4397xv4.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
First of all: omg, what happened to your face?
I found religion!
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Second, I like the pieces together, except for the boots with the boots. imo, sleek boots like that (and they are nice) require jeans with a smaller hem, unless you have Shaq feet. I think that jeans with a bigger hem call for chunkier footwear. I prefer Nike Blazers or light colored Chucks, which are not really chunky but contrast and stand out from the larger hem. But if you are not into this, or are smarting from getting criticism from your Nike's from last time, something like Redwings would work as well. Redwings would also work well here with the outdoorsy feel of the Nicholas K jacket.
I actually agree when looking at the picture. It looks good from the top but a little mismatched from further away (taking pictures definitely changes perspective...). You're also right that I was not going to post chunky Nike in this thread again... Don't shoot me but I really dislike Redwings so that's not an option for me

It's working, dude. I had no interest in watches a few weeks ago, but now I find myself looking at Stowa's and Poljot's and looking at watchbuys.com. I've googled the last few watches you've posted and I've gotta say, whoa (in my Keanu voice). You've got some serious machinery in your collection.
Thanks. Please skip Poljot altogether. Really very poorly made watches. Stowa is a good buy
smile.gif
Do it!

Originally Posted by Get Smart
you really are a bastard!!

I just noticed how cool the IWC crown is.

Oh c'mon! You know you want one
devil.gif

Originally Posted by berlin report
gdl, that IWC is to die for. Really beautiful.
Thanks
smile.gif

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I dunno, I get a fair amount of people asking what I'm doing. I usually just say working on a photo-project

I guess it also depends where. By my dorm, people ask, but they know me, more or less. On the T or the platforms, people ignore you as much as possible, so if people notice, they are silent.

Honestly, my biggest worry is that I will set some the camera somewhere with the timer, and when I turn around some douchebag will snatch it and run. Maybe that's a bad mindset, though

I suppose it might depend on where you live. I guess I need to remind myself that LA is a different animal. I've even taken shots of myself on busy streets with my Nikon D50 sitting on a frikken tripod. People are oblivious. I've never had anyone say anything yet, though I don't do it very often.
Jeans look fantastic. Cool look too.

stuartSan

Reaction score
A few pages back, Rye posted about disliking the mainstream, generally, and preferring streetwear over business wear, and I'm like that too.

The only problem was him wanting people not to judge him because he doesn't wear coats or slacks.

As much as I prefer streetwear myself, a formal Rye will always command a better first impression than a streetwear Rye. I guess that's just how we've been programmed for 2000 years. You know, the part about survival depending on judging people crap.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

I will convert everyone here to fine watches !

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

My mission will be accomplished only when aportnoy "gets into" fine watches and transforms his home into an Antiquorum showroom
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lol8[1].gif
marchal.gif
baldy[1].gif

BTW, is there a name for that triangle design w/ a round dots on each side that is above the IWC insignia? Posting responses to kali77's inquiry earlier this morning, I noticed a great many (BP "homage") watches share that detail and was just wondering about it myself.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Thanks. Please skip Poljot altogether. Really very poorly made watches. Stowa is a good buy
smile.gif

I read that you had bad experiences w/ Poljot, hence this sentiment. I like them just fine though, and their quality is decent for the asking price, as long as you purchase them through reputable sources. On Stowas, no matter how much their classic design appeals to my taste, I just can't get over the painted-on / toyish dial.
confused.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Don't worry, sauce and poly, i'm not coming to philly anytime soon.

See that you don't.
plain.gif
It looks great, man!

It's cool that Sauce takes all those action shots, but most of us lack the ninja skills to do that kind of thing in public without risking a beatdown or other humiliation.

Originally Posted by Augusto86
Sauce, do you find deserted streets or do you just deal with the strange looks?

Sometimes I find back alleys or deserted streets (see today). Sometimes I have to break out the ninja skills. But mostly I just don't give a ****.

Today, absolutely no color at all, sorry GS:

wayw1110.jpg

Scarf
Rokara jacket
Some gray l/s thermal shirt
Levis 514 gray cords
eBay combat boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics