• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McRib: The Return of a Legend

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
On the topic of McDonald's.

The Mickey D's on the corner of 71st/Amsterdamn-Broadway is the worst ******* place in the entire country. It is full of the bottom of the barrel type people and it seems like they went overboard in the "Hire Some marsupials Get a Tax Break" program because 2 cheeseburgers, small fry, small Coke should not take 10-12 min to get.

I live on 75th and Columbus, so I go there once in a while -- usually it's not that bad, at least on par with other McDs in the city. You may have just been caught at a bad time where they have a couple of new people or something.

And you guys are seriously making me want to take a trek to McDs right now.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
let me just say i am proud that today was my first mcdonalds trip in 2 months.

i had an

Angus Swiss and Mushroom burger. dang those things are good. that is what made me go back to mcd's back a few months ago.

you should try them, they are very nice and juicy.

nice, translucent , perspiring ( slightly melted) swiss cheese slice.

fries. crispy and long and beefy goodness. dip them fresh from the fryer in the ketchup.
the tomatoey and potatoey combo taste in mouth is mouth-watering.

nice, cold, crisp Coke to wash it down.

why am i writing this on a friday nite?
i dont know. i can think of a million reasons, but it may because of a reason i cannot think of.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
let me just say i am proud that today was my first mcdonalds trip in 2 months.

i had an

Angus Swiss and Mushroom burger. dang those things are good. that is what made me go back to mcd's back a few months ago.

you should try them, they are very nice and juicy.

nice, translucent , perspiring ( slightly melted) swiss cheese slice.

fries. crispy and long and beefy goodness. dip them fresh from the fryer in the ketchup.
the tomatoey and potatoey combo taste in mouth is mouth-watering.

nice, cold, crisp Coke to wash it down.

why am i writing this on a friday nite?
i dont know. i can think of a million reasons, but it may because of a reason i cannot think of.

Damn, I gotta try this ****. damn you!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had the McGriddle. It's an abomination in my view. The sausage-egg-and-cheese mcmuffin is better. I'm still looking for a McRib, but I did try the Angus burger the other day, and it was pretty good. I know this is the wrong thread to mention it, but the Wendy's Baconator is better. Run, don't walk, and get you one.

McNuggets are inedible. I can't believe I ever ate them. I think they literally put the chicken product through a blender before freezing them and breading them. Or rather, "breading" them. I don't know what that stuff is, but it has the same creepy indefinability of the "chicken" itself.

The Premium Chicken sandwiches, on the other hand, can be quite good.

While we're on the subject, I just want to note that these Snack Wraps are a stroke of genius. They're tasty and they're just the right thing for when you're jonesing for some mcd's but the conscience tells you that you should only really have a small portion.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm with you on the Snack Wraps. They're tasty, and they offer a slower trip to the grave than some of the other options.

Tell me, though, that you could resist the McNuggets if they brought out festive holiday dipping sauces. I couldn't. I'd be slathering those artificially flavored chemical concoctions all over my deep-fried chicken bits 'n' bobs as soon as I saw the first commercial.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McDocHolliday, McTombstone is on TNT and I just recognized your old McAvatar.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better than Heat? Well, as far as Val's acting you are probably right, but Heat's gotta be better than Tombstone.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand it. I still have yet to see a mcrib anywhere in my area!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe even a crazy but ingenious idea in a egg nog style dipping sauce.

happy.gif

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just love those Angus burgers.

They don't have angus burgers around here at mcdonalds either. What's up with that? They do have one at burger king.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to start calling McD's within a 100 mile radius. I'll let you know what I find. If I had money to spare I'd consider having one of you Same Day Fedex me a McRib granted you took the time to separate each layer into its own plastic baggy so it doesn't get soggy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just enjoyed two cheeseburgerrs, fries, and a Coke. Delicious. It was the perfect compliment to my current state of intoxication (Day 2 of my bender).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads