• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

McRib: The Return of a Legend

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I just enjoyed two cheeseburgerrs, fries, and a Coke. Delicious. It was the perfect compliment to my current state of intoxication (Day 2 of my bender).

I love McDonald's coke, the carbonated bubbles seem ginormous.

ts4them

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I love McDonald's coke, the carbonated bubbles seem ginormous.

TOTALLY! Mcdonald's coke is really good at most of the ones I've been to. Has anyone seen the McRib anywhere in nyc?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'm with you on the Snack Wraps. They're tasty, and they offer a slower trip to the grave than some of the other options.

Tell me, though, that you could resist the McNuggets if they brought out festive holiday dipping sauces. I couldn't. I'd be slathering those artificially flavored chemical concoctions all over my deep-fried chicken bits 'n' bobs as soon as I saw the first commercial.

Maybe it's a sign I've gotten old, but I just can't abide McNuggets any more. The snack wrap chicken is a million times better.

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Val's best work. So good that when he's not on screen, you wish he were. Almost undermines the movie. Who cares about Wyatt? It's all Doc.

Val steals that movie, and it's worth watching just for Doc. The worst thing about it is the end. If it ended when Doc died, it would be a classic. I still find myself saying "I'll be yer huckleberry" to bewildered listeners.

Originally Posted by ts4them
TOTALLY! Mcdonald's coke is really good at most of the ones I've been to. Has anyone seen the McRib anywhere in nyc?

I haven't found one yet.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Maybe it's a sign I've gotten old, but I just can't abide McNuggets any more.

I think McNuggets were much better a few years ago... maybe even a decade or longer ago... not sure when they made the switch, but now they seem to be mostly dry white meat -- and I could swear they used to have some dark meat... Could also be the fat (tallow) that they used to use... which is why the fries were better a long time ago as well...

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here, haven't seen the fabled McRib around my part of the town.

I enjoy the Mcnuggets. Just love them. I recently tried them with the chipotle sauce that was supposed to be for the chicken strips. Just delicious.

My standard McD fare is a double cheeseburger and a ten piece nugget. All washed down with a regular Coke. Ah, the fat and sugar just make my day.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McD's Portuguese sausage, eggs & rice is teh winnar breakfast.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Arch Deluxe was the best mcdonald's sandwich ever imo. That said, I haven't eaten at mcdonald's in over a year.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
The Arch Deluxe was the best mcdonald's sandwich ever imo. That said, I haven't eaten at mcdonald's in over a year.

Arch deluxe was great! I think it replaced the McDLT, which was awesome.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to know what happened to iammatt in 1995.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I want to know what happened to iammatt in 1995.
snork[1].gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember that commercial. Wow, that was Jason Alexander... with hair no less. I'm going to start rolling up my jacket sleeves.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Oh. My. God.

That is the worst marketing gimmick I have ever seen.

I guess you weren't around when the McDLT was launched but let me tell you that you missed the best sandwich ever marketed by McDonalds. You have no idea the difference in taste having that "gimmicky" packaging makes. It really worked. No soggy lettuce or lukewarm meat. mmm...
inlove.gif

It was the most environmentally unfriendly packaging ever and if it weren't for tree huggers and their campaign to rid the world of styrofoam, we'd still be enjoying it today.

There was also a funny commercial with a japanese chef performing a karate chop to the middle of the box to join both parts of the sandwich.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm really surprised at how many people here eat at Mc D's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads