• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Shirt

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I think you are refering to my favorite collection which had a very dark, Bavarian theme with astrakhan, ostrich, tapestry bags, capes, etc.

That's what I liked about LV with that collection and the summer after it the "North African travel" collection is that everything had a bit of a period flare to it.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Online grammar police? Let me guess, you teach Grade 2 and your students don't respect you?

I do apologize -- after reading more of your posts it's evident that English isn't your native tongue, so it was wrong of me to comment on your (lack of) grammar skills.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I think you are refering to my favorite collection which had a very dark, Bavarian theme with astrakhan, ostrich, tapestry bags, capes, etc.

That's what I liked about LV with that collection and the summer after it the "North African travel" collection is that everything had a bit of a period flare to it.

Yeah, I think we are talking about the same one (I just looked in one of my lookbooks and it was A/W 2005). I saw a lot of it at the Tokyo store and remember the ostrich safari style jacket was almost $30,000 (3.5 mil yen) or thereabouts. A lot of nice stuff... but some of it was almost TOO much to be wearable (not just pricewise, but stylewise, too).

ms244

Reaction score
From the LVlover blog................

Vuitton+Onatah.jpg

wow.gif
crazy.gif
and
cry.gif

This guy is buying LV man bags at retail and has (presumably non-LV) flip flops?

But this , is just perfect.

Louis+Vuitton+Trash+Bag.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

trajan

Reaction score
I just got a white Louis Vuitton white dress shirt with the LV and the two stars also in white sewn all over the shirt. They're pretty suttle from about 5 feet away but when your up close you really see them. Does anyone else have any experience with louis vuitton shirts? How do they compare to other high-end labels? I was looking at comparable Prada's, Gucci's, etc. and the Louis was only about 100-120 more (this is in Canada) so I went with what I know I'll like.
LVoer, how old are you? Anyway, here's the thing: you may not realize it, but clothes define who you are since they are an expression of your personality. There's a nice book called "The Language of Clothes" and I'm sure there are many of them. People classify everything they see because that's human nature and they can't be fully open minded postponing judgment indefinitely. If I were to see someone wearing a LV shirt with logos all over it, my preconception of them would be that they are ghetto kids who either found new money (a lot) or saved some money (with a lot of effort). They wear LV to impress the ghetto girls (and it works) and send the message "I make money". Either that, or they are a movie star PAYED to wear LV. Hmm, on the second thought, not even movie stars would wear something as dÃ
00a9.png
classÃ
00a9.png
as a shirt full of logos. (they may go for the bags) Maybe Paris Hilton would. You did address the problem as you see it: LV is more expensive that Prada, Gucci, and everybody knows it so it will give you more street credit in the clubs with trashy women, especially since it's obvious it's an LV. Congratulations on your new found credit. I have a friend who wears her LV purse all the time, and I can't tell her what I think of the purse because she would get very upset. She's the exact stereotype tho: the kid came from a poor country and recently married for money and new money at that. In any case, enjoy your shirt. Btw, does the shirt fit you well? ps Just because LV is vulgar, doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it. After all, Lambos are vulgar too, but they can be a lot of fun. cheers, --trajan

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
LVoer,

how old are you?

Anyway, here's the thing: you may not realize it, but clothes define who you are since they are an expression of your personality. There's a nice book called "The Language of Clothes" and I'm sure there are many of them.

People classify everything they see because that's human nature and they can't be fully open minded postponing judgment indefinitely. If I were to see someone wearing a LV shirt with logos all over it, my preconception of them would be that they are ghetto kids who either found new money (a lot) or saved some money (with a lot of effort). They wear LV to impress the ghetto girls (and it works) and send the message "I make money". Either that, or they are a movie star PAYED to wear LV. Hmm, on the second thought, not even movie stars would wear something as dÃ
00a9.png
classÃ
00a9.png
as a shirt full of logos. (they may go for the bags) Maybe Paris Hilton would. You did address the problem as you see it: LV is more expensive that Prada, Gucci, and everybody knows it so it will give you more street credit in the clubs with trashy women, especially since it's obvious it's an LV. Congratulations on your new found credit.

I have a friend who wears her LV purse all the time, and I can't tell her what I think of the purse because she would get very upset. She's the exact stereotype tho: the kid came from a poor country and recently married for money and new money at that.

In any case, enjoy your shirt. Btw, does the shirt fit you well?

ps Just because LV is vulgar, doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it. After all, Lambos are vulgar too, but they can be a lot of fun.

cheers,

--trajan

Where do Asians and white suburban moms fit into your stereotype? Or am I to assume that your "ghetto" implication knows no racial boundaries, and just generalizes the impoverished?

trajan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Where do Asians and white suburban moms fit into your stereotype? Or am I to assume that your "ghetto" implication knows no racial boundaries, and just generalizes the impoverished?

Yes, there are no racial boundaries on who can live in the ghetto. Maybe using the word ghetto was too harsh. A lot of whites live in the ghetto. (I guess that's where white trash comes from) In my book, Staten Island and maybe Florida are the pinnacles of ghettoish. The requirements are: people who can't spell or pronounce words, people who are not educated and don't value education much, people who are isolated from the rest of the world, people who are culturally bankrupt. These people are poor because otherwise they would move out of that environment -- it's hard to raise kids there.

--trajan

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think bags are simply there for women to show off to other women how much they've spent. That said, monogrammed bags tend to be cheaper than the higher end ones. I'm personally going to buy my girlfriend a fairly subtly branded LV bag simply so she can one up her friends. I suppose it's a girl thing, but bags, like jewelry are there to show off wealth. There is a difference between rapper dental jewelry and platinum chains and a tasteful diamond necklace, though, but many women cannot draw the line.

I'm a supervisor at a coffee shop, I recently had some staten island trash start a problem with one of my baristas over spraying windex on a "$2000" bag while cleaning windows.

There is nothing wrong with this particular situation in general, but the guys girlfriend was wearing those 2c chanel or whatever glasses and the guy himself had the ubiquitous temple fade and affected goodfellas accent. It's sad. These are people who grew up with a better shot at life(richer parents, better neighborhoods) and yet are more poorly adjusted than some of my son-of-a-poor-immigrant friends. If you can't show the quality of your upbringing in the way you carry yourself, you can always do so with chanel watermarked sunglasses and a $2000 bag and hope people draw the right conclusion
sarcasm.gif
rolleyes.gif
I mean, the armani exchange tshirt and flipflops are just red herrings, right?

This is veering off course. Generally the people who seek to impress through brand recognition are those insecure about their social status, usually subconsciously, or those who are not used to luxury goods and are now using their new money to flaunt their newfound wealth. Those who've never been rich before finally getting a chance to enjoy their spending power. Whether or not you fall into this category, it is the image you portray.

Finally, because your last response to mine was semi-reasoned. I agree, all these online forums are pissing contests for those involved. My tastes are more exquisite than yours, I spent more money than you, I devote more time than you, I have more passion than you, I am more extreme than you. Liking one of the brands you mentioned is nothing bad. Many members here buy pieces from LV, Gucci, Prada, etcetera., I love lacoste polos, my old polos are all ralph lauren, I still wear them, brooks brothers has an insane return policy, and uh... I got my girlfriend a burberry trench coat recently. It is when you put down another forum member for their personal taste when yours is highly questionable is when things went wrong. Coupled with your initial air of superiority for supporting these brands, you deserved to be put in your place. You name dropped some brands in poor regard, spouted off uneducated assumptions about the forum, and then further demonstrated your ignorance about men's clothing in general, while attacking forum members and expecting the entire forum to justify your LV purchase. Sure, it's a nice shirt, but it is not a Top Quality shirt ,and the branding is sending off a certain image to others that you may or may not want.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Yes, there are no racial boundaries on who can live in the ghetto. Maybe using the word ghetto was too harsh. A lot of whites live in the ghetto. (I guess that's where white trash comes from) In my book, Staten Island and maybe Florida are the pinnacles of ghettoish. The requirements are: people who can't spell or pronounce words, people who are not educated and don't value education much, people who are isolated from the rest of the world, people who are culturally bankrupt. These people are poor because otherwise they would move out of that environment -- it's hard to raise kids there.

--trajan

This is present in all ladders of society...

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LVoer, how old are you? Anyway, here's the thing: you may not realize it, but clothes define who you are since they are an expression of your personality. There's a nice book called "The Language of Clothes" and I'm sure there are many of them. People classify everything they see because that's human nature and they can't be fully open minded postponing judgment indefinitely. If I were to see someone wearing a LV shirt with logos all over it, my preconception of them would be that they are ghetto kids who either found new money (a lot) or saved some money (with a lot of effort). They wear LV to impress the ghetto girls (and it works) and send the message "I make money". Either that, or they are a movie star PAYED to wear LV. Hmm, on the second thought, not even movie stars would wear something as dÃ
00a9.png
classÃ
00a9.png
as a shirt full of logos. (they may go for the bags) Maybe Paris Hilton would. You did address the problem as you see it: LV is more expensive that Prada, Gucci, and everybody knows it so it will give you more street credit in the clubs with trashy women, especially since it's obvious it's an LV. Congratulations on your new found credit. I have a friend who wears her LV purse all the time, and I can't tell her what I think of the purse because she would get very upset. She's the exact stereotype tho: the kid came from a poor country and recently married for money and new money at that. In any case, enjoy your shirt. Btw, does the shirt fit you well? ps Just because LV is vulgar, doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it. After all, Lambos are vulgar too, but they can be a lot of fun. cheers, --trajan

LV is popular amoungst rappers so natually the ghetto crowd want to be like thier idols and purchase a few peices. Do you think someone who is interested in Brooks Brothers is influenced by that? Do you think someone who likes a classic American brand like Brooks Brothers is influenced by rappers and ghetto culture?? Are you kidding me?

trajan

Reaction score
LV is popular amoungst rappers so natually the ghetto crowd want to be like thier idols and purchase a few peices. Do you think someone who is interested in Brooks Brothers is influenced by that? Do you think someone who likes a classic American brand like Brooks Brothers is influenced by rappers and ghetto culture?? Are you kidding me?
Once I was at a lecture by some ex-CEO who made a lot of money in media. He said that one day during the bubble he was working late and when he left for home the cleaning ladies were talking about which stocks were good investments. He knew then it was time for the exit strategy. --trajan

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
This collection:
00120m.jpg

One of my fav pair of pants, velvet "jeans", that are now too small.
The bag was also awesome...and $12,000.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member