• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I'll admit that in having no sexual attraction to females AND working in offices that deal with the creame of the crop of women's designer and couture clothing that I have high expectations for women. But, I have those for men as well in their own right and I still don't think there is anything here to write home about.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
If you don't mind, I think I'd rather not insult one of the few female parties in this joint as much as you and SoCal would probably like to up the Guy-to-Guy ratio here.

Selfish bastards, she looks fine.

Does she look fine, or FIIIIIINE?

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'll admit that in having no sexual attraction to females AND working in offices that deal with the creame of the crop of women's designer and couture clothing that I have high expectations for women. But, I have those for men as well in their own right and I still don't think there is anything here to write home about.

sorry my meager contribution to the thread doesn't meet your 'high expectations'
lend me your credit cards and i could buy myself an amazing outfit.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
sorry my meager contribution to the thread doesn't meet your 'high expectations'

Style isn't always about $. One of my best friends with whom I work looks AMAZING and is in H&M 90% of the time with some splashes of DVF and Emporio Armani since she used to work there and got them at great discounts.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

Also it wasn't anything against you personally; but, moreso to the other guys here that can't control their hardons and by virtue of you being a female on this forum fawn over your contribution as thought you were in vintage Halston.

There are other male forum posters here who can put up **** that if a newbie came along and posted they would run them off and make them cry; but, because they are a veteran member they "pull it off."

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Complains the guy with a raging hardon for kallun's biceps and more money than style. Go back to the 80s. You're worse than Jovan.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Complains the guy with a raging hardon for kallun's biceps and more money than style. Go back to the 80s. You're worse than Jovan.

Yah but I'll admit that it is him that perks my attention moreso than some of his clothing.
smile.gif

Not sure who Jovan is or what the 80s have to do with this.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Then why write at all? I remember a certain somebody getting a bit pissed a while ago when we suggested that maybe gold hightops weren't the best idea. We offered advice, you offered a put-down.

Also it wasn't anything against you personally; but, moreso to the other guys here that can't control their hardons and by virtue of you being a female on this forum fawn over your contribution as thought you were in vintage Halston.
Holy **** are you one to talk. Are you sure you really want to use those words?

I don't think people here were gushing over shell's fit, they were just complimenting a lady. Last I checked the phrase, "If you tucked in your shirt in the first look with a dark belt and I didn't see an AnF logo I'd hit on you" wasn't used here.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thomgandolfvk4.jpg
Thom Brown vs, Gandolf, invisiabilty cloak transparent, weejuns BB goat white, OCBD

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I don't think people here were gushing over shell's fit, they were just complimenting a lady.

I was talking about her clothes if you recall...I said that her face/hair are cute; but, not so much her outfit. Sorry that I dislike simple black tops and dark jeans on both women and men.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
we suggested that maybe gold hightops weren't the best idea. We offered advice, you offered a put-down.

You also assume that I'm here to take your advice moreso than make you rethink your own choices in dressing.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Even more remarkable considering all the creepy old guys we have to scare them off.

If this is directed at me, I like to think that I am neither creepy nor old. But if complimenting a woman on her looks is creepy, I'm guilty as charged.

I think you must mean her face...her clothes, not so much.

I'd take you seriously, but you wear red patent loafers and a goofy velvet oversize bow tie.

Originally Posted by Willsw
Oh no! Someone told the girl her clothes weren't surprisingly good looking! Quick, feed her more empty compliments so she doesn't leave us with only two female members! Whatever would happen if we couldn't attempt to be charming once every couple of months?

The outfit seems like the equivalent of anyone else's unspectacular t-shirt and jeans combo, that most of us wear daily.

Yes, instead lets feed all the guys that look like crackheads empty compliments. Not sure who complimented her on her clothes, I complimented her on her looks. You sound like you are really jealous. i'm sure a lot of guys think you are hot.

He can't lend you his credit cards, they are his dad's.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Chill out, brohams. If me and Kent Wang can get along, then you can, too.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
thomgandolfvk4.jpg

Thom Brown vs, Gandolf, invisiabilty cloak
transparent, weejuns
BB goat white, OCBD

The cloak looks a little small.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I used to make many similar complaints about The Sartorialist (although he is getting a bit better about it now) that a lot of the men and women he featured were very physically attractive and then he would try to stretch and make the clothes appear as the reason he photographed them, when in reality they were pretty lackluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads