• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
^^^

Yes, a bit of the ultra-violent.

Not that association with Clockwork Orange would be a bad thing, but I don't see it, mostly because he wore a bowler. Bowlers are particularly distinctive, and yeah, when I see one, I definitely think either Magritte or Clockwork Orange.

Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
^ great fit, of course, but I kinda see what you mean about the sunglasses and hat working at cross purposes. This is the first time I've seen a shot of yours, sauce, and thought it looked "trendy". Your style is solid and simple, allowing you to carry off affectations well when you do them (summer scarves come to mind), but for whatever reason, this just looks a bit too Pete Fauxerty to me.

I can see what you're getting at. It's sort of what I was afraid of with this hat, but I still like it. I'm trying to push myself a little recently, because comfort zone = boring (in summer especially). I think that both of these comments are basically indicating that wearing a hat is a bigger stylistic statement than I'd realized. People seem to be universally okay with driving caps, but much more divided as soon as you get into the dressier territory. FWIW, the association I have with this style of hat is bebop, which I'm okay with all day long and twice on Sunday.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
My best mate.
SF166A.jpg
AA Dior Homme Acne Max Cash Nike Bonus "You can train a Terrorist but not a Terrier pic":
SF166.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
^^^your best pic!

+1! Love the "I hope he's not angry that I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing right now" look your mate has.
smile.gif

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
+1! Love the "I hope he's not angry that I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing right now" look your mate has.
smile.gif

I believe he was thinking to himself:

"Listen dick wad!, you've had me in work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week for the past 4 weeks, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!". Now pick up my poo and piss off!.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Sauce, you look like you're going to play in a jazz club later that day in a good way. It's a little pretentious looking, but i still kinda like it. I understand your feelings about it being difficult in the summer. I still don't know how you wear two shirts with one of them being long sleeve though. I'd probably pass out on the walk from my apartment to my car. Rye, i love how the dog is in focus and you're all blurry. You really do have your priorities set. Terriers are pretty tough to train. I know a couple people that have them and they don't take to directions all that well. I don't know much about dog training so i'm sure the people i know don't really train them well. GS, those glasses are really fierce and ever since you mentioned that you put your belt on the wrong way, i can't stop noticiing it
tongue.gif
Shore, i've always been in love with the vintage navy blue color of those JPs. I have a bair of sperry boat shoes now for my navy blue shoe fix, but i'm just drawn to the color. If i walk buy a pair on sale i might have to pull the trigger though.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
717picwj4.jpg

paul smith eyes
paul smith shirt
paul smith boots
nudie thin finn
lucky jeans belt

Sory about the quote... however...

GS - This is what the **** i'm talkin' about. Razor-sharp my man.

Rye - Back in the saddle and doing it well without the CM's.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sauce: the hat is perfect. great fit.

gs: ****, that shirt is amazing. I though the sale in tokyo sucked but I think I might have to head out to the stores again, to check the retail priced shirts I skipped last time (I assume it's not a sale item?).

pinoy

Reaction score
Great fits, guys!

Sauce-Incredible fit on your NS. I'll post a better picture of my pair, I wear a sz 33 for dress pants, sz 32 for most jeans and sz 30 on APCs.. and I think I might need to size down even more? We'll see. I'll post pics.

GS- Just killing it dude!! Very, very sharp. Everything fits so snug (in a good way). Might as well have a glock in your hand. :p

berlin_report- Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it. My feet (I wear sz 11 shoes) are not in proportion to my height (I'm only 5 foot 7). That's why they look so big and funny-- especially with jeans like the APC NS which are slightly tapered.

With regards to my shirt, I think it fits properly in the shoulders and body. I'll go back and check the sleeves-- maybe I need to have them tailored. I'll also try to post more pics later with regards to that.

Also, here are brightened versions of my dinner outfit photos. Hopefully they can show the fit more. I'm a bit concerned on the fit of my NS.. I know there's somethign wrong with them, but I can't place it. Is there too much stacking? With my build (170lbs, 5 foot 7, sz 11 shoes), should I be staying away from straight leg jeans and stick to bootcuts? If so, should I attempt to cut the sides of my APC NS near the leg opening to have it break a bit more on my jeans?

APCNS1-1.png

APCNS2.png

Sorry for all this discussion here- if I should start a thread vs just posting on WAYWT, someone just PM me, and I can move everything to a separate thread. Thanks guys!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
gs: ****, that shirt is amazing. I though the sale in tokyo sucked but I think I might have to head out to the stores again, to check the retail priced shirts I skipped last time (I assume it's not a sale item?).

I got the shirt this past weekend on sale (50%)....figured I'd swing by to see what was left in the last bit of their sale and this shirt was back after being gone when the sale started. I had almost bought it at retail, passed on it. When the sale started they only had one left in large and my size was gone. Lo and behold it was back this past weekend, I asked where it had been and I guess it got lost in the shuffle in some backstock and they found it and put it back out on the floor.

I took that as a sign that the shirt was indeed, meant to be mine.
cool.gif

*pinoy, the APC NS don't look bad, but I'd def think less stacking will look better on you. If you like APCs, I would check out the Rescues for your build, as they might have a more flattering cut and less taper in the leg, which might be what is throwing off the look of the NS for you (the taper, which look more pronounced with all the stacking)

pinoy

Reaction score
*pinoy, the APC NS don't look bad, but I'd def think less stacking will look better on you. If you like APCs, I would check out the Rescues for your build, as they might have a more flattering cut and less taper in the leg, which might be what is throwing off the look of the NS for you (the taper, which look more pronounced with all the stacking)

Thanks for the comments GS. I haven't washed these APCs yet since I bought them, so I'm hoping they'll shrink in length a bit when I throw em in the wash.
smile.gif
I'll check out the Rescues-- I'm just a bit wary of the lower back pockets. The NS backpockets sit perfectly on me. Lastly, should I even be looking into the hipster cut?

Thanks!

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the shirt this past weekend on sale (50%)....

Just what I wanted to hear! I have to head out again, then. Hopefully there will be some - or at least one - M left (probably not, but who knows?)!

kallun

Reaction score
Get Smart I have never seen Thin Finns fit better! Have You tailored them?

Very clean!

/TKL

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
thanks Kallun. I got them my tagged actual waist - 32 (which is 1" larger than my true waist)...made them fit better imo, less skintight thru the legs but still real fitted. The extra inch on my waist isn't noticeable at all. Then I hemmed them after a wash to shrink down the length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads