• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does Roberto Ugolini make their own shoes? Or Vass makes 'em?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I hear the bespoke is highly affordable.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
And I hear the bespoke is highly affordable.

is this for real or tounge in cheek. if so can someone give ballpark pricing for bespoke. Many older posts list threads that a weary to list pricing. I dont see why not, at least a range.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kbuzz
is this for real or tounge in cheek. if so can someone give ballpark pricing for bespoke. Many older posts list threads that a weary to list pricing. I dont see why not, at least a range.
They are $1k plus or minus a touch.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
They are $1k plus or minus a touch.
I gotta get to Italy.

Even if they aren't that great, I imagine that the fit is noticeably better RTW (at least for people like me who have odd-shaped feet) and that they're in the same league as JL Prestige while being cheaper.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I gotta get to Italy.

Even if they aren't that great, I imagine that the fit is noticeably better RTW (at least for people like me who have odd-shaped feet) and that they're in the same league as JL Prestige while being cheaper.

Well, mine are not here for another week or so, but if they are not a good deal better than Lobb Prestige I will eat my hat. My guess is that they will be in the Cleverley quality range, but perhaps not as good as Bemer, Gomez and Lobb Paris bespoke.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Well, mine are not here for another week or so, but if they are not a good deal better than Lobb Prestige I will eat my hat. My guess is that they will be in the Cleverley quality range, but perhaps not as good as Bemer, Gomez and Lobb Paris bespoke.

Pretty amazing quality for $1K. Time to book the Italy flights.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Pretty amazing quality for $1K. Time to book the Italy flights.
There are a whole lot of shoemakers in Italy that make an excellent pair of shoes for under $1500 bespoke. I am not sure how they make it work, but they make excellent shoes the old fashioned way that are every bit as good as the better known guys.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are a whole lot of shoemakers in Italy that make an excellent pair of shoes for under $1500 bespoke. I am not sure how they make it work, but they make excellent shoes the old fashioned way that are every bit as good as the better known guys.

I wonder if there are good-value Portuguese makers.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And to think I was looking at some EGs in Saks for 1100+...

How many provas does he like to do (i.e. how long would you have to be there in order to have shoes made?) I imagine it would require at least two trips or a very lengthy stay.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We did one measurement and one prova. The shoe was pretty much right, except we both thought that the toe could be extended more. I think that if you hit Florence at the beginning and end of a two week vacation you might get things done, but I am not sure.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's how I worked bespoke with Charvet. I was in France for 2 weeks and hit them the first day for the order, had a fitting about 7 days later, and then they shipped the completed shirts.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Holy Grail of Bespoke may have been found
4z3rvb7.jpg

misterjase

Reaction score
The website does not list an address for emailing for initial contact. Can someone please provide an address for emailing? Cheers.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by misterjase
The website does not list an address for emailing for initial contact. Can someone please provide an address for emailing? Cheers.

Anyone got he email address,
website not have it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads