• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving with a suit

jackassery

Reaction score
I tried searching for this but I wasn't turning anything up... perhaps because its a stupid question. Do you guys drive with your suit jacket on or off? I feel slightly uncomfortable when I drive with my jacket on, as well as fearing so really nice wrinkles in the back. But I hate the constant jacket on jacket off. What do you guys do?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends how often I get in and out. Anything more than 3 times, and I start to keep it on. To me, a suit is supposed to be like a second skin, so unless the fabric is super fine, I don't mind keeping it on, the wrinkles usually fall out too.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do both depending on how far I'm driving, and what kind of driving I'm doing. I don't enjoy driving on back rodes with a jacket on, i like the movement of my arms.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I insist my wife should drive, lest I wrinkle my jacket.
smile.gif
Actually, one of the reasons I like driving an SUV is you could hang the coat at the back.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually take the jacket off. Even if I am not driving, I feel as if the belt will wrinkle or screw up my suit jacket somehow.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on a couple of things: how cold it is outside, how far I will be driving, whether there are people sitting in the back seat, how fine the fabric is on the jacket.

Coulomb

Reaction score
sometimes isn't in uncomfortable driving with a fitted suit? i'm always scared i will damage the suit by over stretching when i have both hands on the wheel...

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look at Fred Astaire - he dances in his. Look at Cary Grant in North by Northwest - he dodges planes in his. If you find your coat rides up when you lift your arms up it means it fits you poorly. A good coat should move so perfectly in synch with your movements that you hardly notice it. The thought of removing it just to drive should never have to cross your mind.

The Doctor

Reaction score
If the suits cut with a high armhole, it shouldn't be uncomfortable driving with it on, as it allows you the reach you require when driving.

silverporsche

Reaction score
I always remove my jacket when driving. My jacket is placed on the coat hook supplied in my car for that purpose. When alighting from my car I than remove and put on my jacket. The jacket than looks fresh . You will note that Cary Grant drove with his coat on in "To Catch a Thief". Remember movie scenes are shot with the actors generally changing jackets are coats for the next scene.
If you wish to look fresh when alighting from your car please remove your jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads