• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Religion Jeans at Target?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys! Guys!! GUYS!!!
The only jeans that matter are Levi's
boxing[1].gif

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
Here is the response I got from True Religion:

Dear True Religion Brand Jeans Online Customer:

We are aggressively investigating the appearance of True Religion Brand Jeans
selling at Target stores, an unauthorized channel not sold by True Religion
Apparel, Inc. We suspect that some counterfeit goods are circulating here in
the United States and the Company is actively working with Federal and State
agencies to identify the source and to prohibit these goods from entering the
country.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
True Religion Online

I ain't no law talkin' man, but it seems what they write could be considered defamatory.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we are missing the real question here; are the fakes better made than the originals?
biggrin.gif

aspriel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I ain't no law talkin' man, but it seems what they write could be considered defamatory.

You're wrong. TR didn't say Target was selling fakes. They said Target is not authorized to sell TR (true) and that TR fakes are entering the country (true.)

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aspriel
You're wrong. TR didn't say Target was selling fakes. They said Target is not authorized to sell TR (true) and that TR fakes are entering the country (true.)

Are you a lawyer?

The e-mail seems to be conflating the two statements.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a newby to the forums, but I think these may be real. I work at the local Salvation Army and the main store in Minneapolis buys surplus merchandise from Target and distributes it to all the metro-area thrift stores. When Target stuff comes, we usually get a bin of clothes and a truck-load of everything else, ranging from electronics to the put-it-together furniture. Well I usually end up putting the clothes on racks so they can be put away in the store, and most of it is the usual cherokee and mossimo junk....but I've pulled stuff from Banana Republic, a Thomas Pink women's shirt, a tee-shirt from NSF. a pair of 575 jeans, a women's Diesel skirt and two dress shirts from Barney's NY and countless other stuff. All is new with tag items and from what I could tell - this stuff wasn't knock-off stuff. I bought the men's stuff that was my size, one of which was a Lacoste rugby shirt. I know knock-offs of these are a dime a dozen, but I took it to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis and they said it was authentic and compared it to the stock they had. I did the same with the Banana Republic stuff (though I don't know who in the right mind would make BR knock-offs) and they were the real deal as well. I've never seen this stuff in Targets stores around here, then again I never go to the clothing sections of Target anyway. Just wanted to letcha know there is high-end stuff circulating Target stores...well, the back-rooms atleast.
smile.gif

mlurey

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to clear up this topic a little bit.
I work at a Target store in California, and we sold
- Antik Denim/Diesel/True Religion for Girls
- Antik Denim/True Relgion for Guys

At this time we also have
- Calvin Klein
- Ralph Lauren

I just bought two pairs of True religions at 75%, and I can't find anything wrong with them...

Want to know the worst part of it? Because "THE FIND" merchandise is a test of sales, ANY returned item for ANY reason and the item is DESTROYED (put into the compactor). Thats right. We destroyed about $1000 worth of jeans just the other day
frown.gif

Personally I wish they got better styles (Joey BigT Patch and Distressed Mickey BigT's here), but for $3X you can't beat it.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
if you can buy a 3,00 oxxford at a discount store for 900 then why not trues at an 80 % discount.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me why I hate the **** out of TR.
Gawd that patchwork is horrendous...but they look authentic. Try 'em on ebay.

Cartertoi

Reaction score
Note to all on this forum....I am a TR Fan and the jeans that Target sell are last season. Just like Ross and Marshalls, they get to sell last seaons designer wear. Anything made by TR are at least no less than 250. But if you are considering buying these jeans than you are in luck, cause u can turn them over triple for what they are selling for at Target. Best of Luck on your profits.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cartertoi
Note to all on this forum....I am a TR Fan and the jeans that Target sell are last season. Just like Ross and Marshalls, they get to sell last seaons designer wear. Anything made by TR are at least no less than 250. But if you are considering buying these jeans than you are in luck, cause u can turn them over triple for what they are selling for at Target. Best of Luck on your profits.

Thanks for dropping in and clearing up this pressing issue that nobody has thought about since Thanksgiving. I know I'll rest easy tonight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads