1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

True Religion Jeans at Target?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mrpologuy, Nov 7, 2006.

1. mrpologuy

mrpologuy Senior member

I hope detailed pics will clear this up.

2. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

Hah, if thats not the most ambiguous response.

"We don't sell to target" "There are fake jeans being made and sold" "we dont like counterfeiters"

Completely unrelated statements, yet somehow they manage to lead the reader to tie them together. So they are actually saying NOTHING, but some will inevitably think target sells counterfeit jeans.

Yep, lawyer sp34k damage control. Notice how they neither deny Target has the jeans nor claim they are counterfeit.

I've given a few responses like that in my career. I always said things like "I know I didn't sell it to them". I left out the part where I know who sold it to them and yes I did sell to them. If I wasn't asked the direct question than I didn't offer the information.

They were careful not to lie but clearly avoided answering the question.

3. joey_formal

joey_formal Senior member

joey where do you work?
    denim bar

4. joey_formal

joey_formal Senior member

Here is the response I got from True Religion: Dear True Religion Brand Jeans Online Customer: We are aggressively investigating the appearance of True Religion Brand Jeans selling at Target stores, an unauthorized channel not sold by True Religion Apparel, Inc. We suspect that some counterfeit goods are circulating here in the United States and the Company is actively working with Federal and State agencies to identify the source and to prohibit these goods from entering the country. Kind Regards, Customer Service True Religion Online
    well looks like i was correct

5. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I wonder if any of the Targets around my area have them in the clearance. I would seriously buy like 4-5 pair just to flip in Japan (or yahoo auctions Japan) where they sell for over $400 at say OIOI or other department stores.

6. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

Guys! Guys!! GUYS!!!
    The only jeans that matter are Levi's
    [​IMG]

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Here is the response I got from True Religion:

Dear True Religion Brand Jeans Online Customer:

We are aggressively investigating the appearance of True Religion Brand Jeans
    selling at Target stores, an unauthorized channel not sold by True Religion
    Apparel, Inc. We suspect that some counterfeit goods are circulating here in
    the United States and the Company is actively working with Federal and State
    agencies to identify the source and to prohibit these goods from entering the
    country.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
    True Religion Online

I ain't no law talkin' man, but it seems what they write could be considered defamatory.

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I think we are missing the real question here; are the fakes better made than the originals? [​IMG]

9. aspriel

aspriel Senior member

I ain't no law talkin' man, but it seems what they write could be considered defamatory.

You're wrong. TR didn't say Target was selling fakes. They said Target is not authorized to sell TR (true) and that TR fakes are entering the country (true.)

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

You're wrong. TR didn't say Target was selling fakes. They said Target is not authorized to sell TR (true) and that TR fakes are entering the country (true.)

Are you a lawyer?

The e-mail seems to be conflating the two statements.

11. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Hey all. I'm a newby to the forums, but I think these may be real. I work at the local Salvation Army and the main store in Minneapolis buys surplus merchandise from Target and distributes it to all the metro-area thrift stores. When Target stuff comes, we usually get a bin of clothes and a truck-load of everything else, ranging from electronics to the put-it-together furniture. Well I usually end up putting the clothes on racks so they can be put away in the store, and most of it is the usual cherokee and mossimo junk....but I've pulled stuff from Banana Republic, a Thomas Pink women's shirt, a tee-shirt from NSF. a pair of 575 jeans, a women's Diesel skirt and two dress shirts from Barney's NY and countless other stuff. All is new with tag items and from what I could tell - this stuff wasn't knock-off stuff. I bought the men's stuff that was my size, one of which was a Lacoste rugby shirt. I know knock-offs of these are a dime a dozen, but I took it to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis and they said it was authentic and compared it to the stock they had. I did the same with the Banana Republic stuff (though I don't know who in the right mind would make BR knock-offs) and they were the real deal as well. I've never seen this stuff in Targets stores around here, then again I never go to the clothing sections of Target anyway. Just wanted to letcha know there is high-end stuff circulating Target stores...well, the back-rooms atleast. [​IMG]

12. mlurey

mlurey New Member

Hey just wanted to clear up this topic a little bit.
    I work at a Target store in California, and we sold
    - Antik Denim/Diesel/True Religion for Girls
    - Antik Denim/True Relgion for Guys

At this time we also have
    - Calvin Klein
    - Ralph Lauren

I just bought two pairs of True religions at 75%, and I can't find anything wrong with them...

Want to know the worst part of it? Because "THE FIND" merchandise is a test of sales, ANY returned item for ANY reason and the item is DESTROYED (put into the compactor). Thats right. We destroyed about $1000 worth of jeans just the other day [​IMG]

Personally I wish they got better styles (Joey BigT Patch and Distressed Mickey BigT's here), but for $3X you can't beat it.

13. a tailor

a tailor Senior member Dubiously Honored

if you can buy a 3,00 oxxford at a discount store for 900 then why not trues at an 80 % discount.

14. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

Thank you for reminding me why I hate the shit out of TR.
    Gawd that patchwork is horrendous...but they look authentic. Try 'em on ebay.

15. Cartertoi

Cartertoi New Member

Note to all on this forum....I am a TR Fan and the jeans that Target sell are last season. Just like Ross and Marshalls, they get to sell last seaons designer wear. Anything made by TR are at least no less than 250. But if you are considering buying these jeans than you are in luck, cause u can turn them over triple for what they are selling for at Target. Best of Luck on your profits.

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I am a TR Fan

[​IMG]

17. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Note to all on this forum....I am a TR Fan and the jeans that Target sell are last season. Just like Ross and Marshalls, they get to sell last seaons designer wear. Anything made by TR are at least no less than 250. But if you are considering buying these jeans than you are in luck, cause u can turn them over triple for what they are selling for at Target. Best of Luck on your profits.

Thanks for dropping in and clearing up this pressing issue that nobody has thought about since Thanksgiving. I know I'll rest easy tonight.

18. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

at least no less than 250

yeah