• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Religion Jeans at Target?

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
you understand we're talking about fake jeans and not balco right? i thought the using the phrase "a very reliable source" instead of just saying "i called true religion" was a bit dramatic in this instance.

You clearly don't understand much the rules of retail. Here's a very common scenario:

Someone posts on a message board that a "reliable source" has told them there will be shipments of a new game system to Walmarts a week early and you can go in and buy them if you ask the game department manager. They have them stored in the back.

You, thinking, "it's just a game system," guilt them into divulging their source. Their source happens to be their sister-in-law who works for the corporate office. You call the corporate office to "verify" before making the 20 mi trip to your local Walmart.

Sister gets fired. All pre-sales get pulled.

Go read Fatwallet.com or any shopping or deals sites. It's people like you, people who can't understand the concept of ambiguity, that potentially ruin it for everyone else.

It's not as cut and dry as you may believe.

Lysol

Reaction score
stirpot.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
You clearly don't understand much the rules of retail. Here's a very common scenario:

Someone posts on a message board that a "reliable source" has told them there will be shipments of a new game system to Walmarts a week early and you can go in and buy them if you ask the game department manager. They have them stored in the back.

You, thinking, "it's just a game system," guilt them into divulging their source. Their source happens to be their sister-in-law who works for the corporate office. You call the corporate office to "verify" before making the 20 mi trip to your local Walmart.

Sister gets fired. All pre-sales get pulled.

Go read Fatwallet.com or any shopping or deals sites. It's people like you, people who can't understand the concept of ambiguity, that potentially ruin it for everyone else.

It's not as cut and dry as you may believe.

I missed the part where Lysol held a gun to his head.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I didn't think this thread would take off like this. I am posting pics tomorrow afternnon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
It's funny to think that people make (and buy) fake TR jeans.
It's funnier that people pay full retail for the real ones.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
when i was like 16 or 17 and in high school, this amazingly beautiful, super popular girl i was friendly with from a class we had together but who, due to societal standards, would never be caught dead mingling with the likes of my skateboard riding, punk rocker self, got drunk at a party i was at. after an undecipherable conversation and using my unparalleled charm and wit we found our way to making out behind a porch umbrella. i was proud of myself, told some close friends, they told their friends and eventually an entire town new. what else could this girl do but claim that i was lying? her entire existence was based on her station in the high school food chain. so i was branded a liar and she saved a little face and probably walked away better from the situation after it was reaffirmed that she would never do something so lowly. a few years later some friends of mine ran into her at a bar in our old hometown and got her to admit that she and i had carnal relations. the damage was still done though. same situation.
blush.gif

mwink[1].gif

mrpologuy

Reaction score
Here is the response I got from True Religion:

Dear True Religion Brand Jeans Online Customer:

We are aggressively investigating the appearance of True Religion Brand Jeans
selling at Target stores, an unauthorized channel not sold by True Religion
Apparel, Inc. We suspect that some counterfeit goods are circulating here in
the United States and the Company is actively working with Federal and State
agencies to identify the source and to prohibit these goods from entering the
country.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
True Religion Online

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
Hah, if thats not the most ambiguous response.

"We don't sell to target" "There are fake jeans being made and sold" "we dont like counterfeiters"

Completely unrelated statements, yet somehow they manage to lead the reader to tie them together. So they are actually saying NOTHING, but some will inevitably think target sells counterfeit jeans.

Yep, lawyer sp34k damage control. Notice how they neither deny Target has the jeans nor claim they are counterfeit.

watchman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joey_formal
From TR, customers came to the store where I work asking about it so we called and got that as our answer.

as for where TR belongs, I completely agree, granted it sells well for us because people just love that name brand

joey where do you work?

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I hope detailed pics will clear this up.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb
Hah, if thats not the most ambiguous response.

"We don't sell to target" "There are fake jeans being made and sold" "we dont like counterfeiters"

Completely unrelated statements, yet somehow they manage to lead the reader to tie them together. So they are actually saying NOTHING, but some will inevitably think target sells counterfeit jeans.

Yep, lawyer sp34k damage control. Notice how they neither deny Target has the jeans nor claim they are counterfeit.

I've given a few responses like that in my career. I always said things like "I know I didn't sell it to them". I left out the part where I know who sold it to them and yes I did sell to them. If I wasn't asked the direct question than I didn't offer the information.

They were careful not to lie but clearly avoided answering the question.

joey_formal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
Here is the response I got from True Religion: Dear True Religion Brand Jeans Online Customer: We are aggressively investigating the appearance of True Religion Brand Jeans selling at Target stores, an unauthorized channel not sold by True Religion Apparel, Inc. We suspect that some counterfeit goods are circulating here in the United States and the Company is actively working with Federal and State agencies to identify the source and to prohibit these goods from entering the country. Kind Regards, Customer Service True Religion Online
well looks like i was correct

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of the Targets around my area have them in the clearance. I would seriously buy like 4-5 pair just to flip in Japan (or yahoo auctions Japan) where they sell for over $400 at say OIOI or other department stores.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads