• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USPS, UPS or FedEx

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Indeed. Exhibit A regarding UPS: http://www.unitedpackagesmashers.com/?page=packages.php
Waahhhhhhhhhhh.........
frown.gif
gretschbrokenheadstockgo5.jpg

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
USPS tracking is a joke as aforementioned but the one thing i like about USPS is that its most convenient for us apartment dwellers - if you live in an apartment where you don't fear someone swipin a package left at your door, USPS is the best cuz the mail guy who has access to your front door obviously, can deliver your USPS packages as well. (left inside the complex, outside your door, not totally outside)

UPS and Fedex, they need signatures and i'm never home when they come so i end up having to go to their shipping facilities

Just have items shipped to your work.

Jon.

tangerine

Reaction score
The unitedpackagesmashers site matches my experience; most things I receive shipped UPS appear to have been kicked off the truck into a puddle and then run over repeatedly. I will never use UPS when there is another option.

USPS is generally good except for the lack of tracking.

FedEx is my preferred method; their tracking is excellent and I have had very few problems with items damaged in shipment (knock wood.) I have stuff sent to me at work to avoid the not home problems.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
when I used to post regularly on Harmony Central, some fella posted pics of his marshall JCM 800 head that was sent by UPS but it looked like it was shipped on the back of a donkey that fell off a cliff somewhere in arizona whereupon it fell into a river and followed the current to where a band of illegals crossing into the country found it and carried it with them before coincidentally discarding it at the doorsteps of the intended recipient. **** was fucked up.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I prefer USPS, even though my mailman is surly.

That Gretsch makes me cry.
frown.gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jj4
UPS and FedEx however, seem to refuse to leave packages even when I sign the release slip

This is so goddamned annoying; happens to me all the time.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess as a shipper, I am more comfortable with FedEx just because it gives me accurate tracking information...

The poll is about 50/50 if you combine UPS & FedEx...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i ship USPS, FedEx, and DHL

i prefer fedex for international, and within the States, I had no problem as of yet with either USPS or DHL cross my fingers.

Ive only had experience with UPS on deliveries to me. so far no crushed boxes, but this is good to know that this is their MO, I will consider that when I send out a package and UPS was a option to me.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
It might be a pain for you mjk, but could you give the buyer a choice? I voted for USPS over the other services because I can pick my packages up at a convenient location instead of having to drive to another city to pick them up at a UPS or FedEx location.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never had a lost or damaged package ever from any of the 4 shippers mentioned.

When I mail stuff out I prefer USPS though because:
1) they deliver on saturday

2) they will get it to you ahead of schedule if possible. The other couriers will hold your package for several days to make sure you don't get your package earlier than you paid for. The tracking is nice on UPS though.

3) packages, aren't left in weird places. I have had to go to the post office to pick up packages several times. UPS is 50/50, I have never had a package stolen but UPS leaves some expensive stuff out some times. Some of my friends have had FedEx drivers leave stuff in bad places and they have been stolen.

4) much cheaper

5) When a package gets sent back, it will go to the nearest post office, which is most likely closer than the fedex/ups/dhl hub.

I've never been to the FedEx package distribution centers, but the UPS (I used to be an IT manager) hub in west sacramento is filled with ex cons. I have never seen so many surveillance cameras in my entire life. I'm actually surprised I've never gotten any electronics stolen. Theft is a huge problem and the workers can tell what is in a box just by the size of the box and where it came from. I would imagine the USPS has less of a problem because it would be a federal offense to do so.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
This is so goddamned annoying; happens to me all the time.

It is the opposite with me. Bastards!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS, i've NEVER had a problem with USPS. And you also have the advantage of flat rate priority which gives you an opportunity to ship something heavier for a standard price. Out of the country, EMS all the way, never anything else.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canada Post and Posti FTW
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads