• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

USPS, UPS or FedEx

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dougie
I think UPS is the best of the offered options if for tracking alone...I just want to know that my jacket is safe, and that it's happy.

I can see this viewpoint, but personally, I'd rather have my item in two days with ineffective tracking than watch it s l o o o o w l y cross the U.S., then get held in a storage facility while UPS takes the weekend off.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I can see this viewpoint, but personally, I'd rather have my item in two days with ineffective tracking than watch it s l o o o o w l y cross the U.S., then get held in a storage facility while UPS takes the weekend off.

Once, they had my package in town and I wanted to pick it up myself at the hub instead of waiting for them to deliver it the next day so that I would be sure to wait at least 3-5 days. They wouldn't let me pick it up.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer USPS for international shipping, FedEx for domestic (depending on the contents). I find FedEx's superior tracking system useful for domestic shipments, but not worth the price internationally.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im having an item sent to me with USPS right now (to Sweden) According to the seller the item was delivered at the post office at the 10th, usps tracking ONLY state that it left the US at the 22nd, and still no trace of it at my end... seriously the slowest shipping ever...

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Im having an item sent to me with USPS right now (to Sweden) According to the seller the item was delivered at the post office at the 10th, usps tracking ONLY state that it left the US at the 22nd, and still no trace of it at my end... seriously the slowest shipping ever...

Must have sent it the cheap way. For $1 more you can have it inside the country in 5-7 business days or something like that.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I paid something like 28 or 30 $ in shipping, and I think i read it should take 4-10 days to Sweden, which is the normal time for that kind of fee.

but maybe the seller kept most of it and sent it on some slow surface mail thing... negative feedback , here I come!

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I paid something like 28 or 30 $ in shipping, and I think i read it should take 4-10 days to Sweden, which is the normal time for that kind of fee.

but maybe the seller kept most of it and sent it on some slow surface mail thing... negative feedback , here I come!

You might want to wait longer. The item is likely tied up in customs.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, possibly in the customs, but its weird that theres no tracking info available about itl

The item is a pair of carhartt pants...dont know exactly how heavy.

It pisses me of to wait for the mail to arrive every single day, at always end up empty handed. haha

no_pseudonym

Reaction score

In general, I don't find USPS tracking information to be very detailed and often you have no idea where your parcel is till it is delivered to you. Does the tracking info give the date when the item was received at the post office, or does it only mention when it left the US?
When I send stuff by Canada Post to the US, the online tracking only gives information about when the package was dropped off at the Post Office, and when it reaches the destination city. I have no way of knowing whether or not it has even left the country.

Like A Harris says, customs is most likely the cause of the delay. Anyway, if it turns out that the seller has used a cheaper method of shipping than the one stated in the auction description then you should probably let him know that you're not happy about that. If he's a good seller, he might offer you a partial refund on the shipping amount.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The USPS can only guarantee how long it will take for the package to be turned over to Swedish Post's hands. I had to send a tie to Australia and the buyer wanted insurance so I had to send it second day express. But it still took 5-7 days for my buyer to receive his tie.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!

I guess im used to ups who has detailed tracking info.
Maybe it´ll turn up in a few days with a hefty customs fee attached...

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you bought it on eBay, chances are the shipping only cost the seller $15, and he shipped it the cheapest way possible. Either the sellers are erring on the side of caution, they're looking to avoid eBay fees, or they're just trying to dupe the bidders.

Histrion

Reaction score
USPS for me, in Canada.

Shipping is rather fast and they don't make me pay out of my arse, contrarily to UPS which charged me 45$ for a 40$ pairs of Sambas...

niubi

Reaction score
USPS for sure, although it's really really slow for me. UPS custom fees are a bit hefty for us up north...

Also, for any Canadians who have ordered off mjk, how long did it take for your item to arrive?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads