• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dunhill pen or mont blanc pen?

stinsonbass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
This one?

http://www.montblanc.com/products/26.php

This one is awesome! But a bit over the top ?
confused.gif
Oh well that's the whole point of the thread so why not
laugh.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinsonbass
This one is awesome! But a bit over the top ?
confused.gif
Oh well that's the whole point of the thread so why not
laugh.gif

I have the ballpoint though. I am a maladroit don't have the patience for writing well with a fountain. I also have the slim one, not the fat one. It is a little more elegant in my opinion.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
this thread is a far cry from your usual shenanigans....but here goes my advice...

MB pens are ******. Just thin resin that will break when dropped...nothing special. My favorite pen is my Montegrappa FP that I have on my desk. Writes smooth as silk. I also use a Krone FP every so often too...and I have a half a dozen Pellikan RBs and BPs that serve me well. But, anyone who's into pens eventually will have a MB. but they usually start out with them and move up to real quality from there.

Galix

Reaction score
Since this thread is turning into an interesting conversation about pens, I'll drop my 2 cents. For the last months I'm using daily a Caran d'Ache fountain pen. Smooth and perfect ink flow. Highly recommended.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Galix
Since this thread is turning into an interesting conversation about pens, I'll drop my 2 cents. For the last months I'm using daily a Caran d'Ache fountain pen. Smooth and perfect ink flow. Highly recommended.

+1...those are great. I traded mine for a Pelikan.

Slippybee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
My favorite pen is my Montegrappa FP that I have on my desk. Writes smooth as silk. I also use a Krone FP every so often too...and I have a half a dozen Pellikan RBs and BPs that serve me well. But, anyone who's into pens eventually will have a MB. but they usually start out with them and move up to real quality from there.

Excellent collection. I like the simple elegance of the Montegrappa NeroUno.

I'd add some of the more understated pens from the St Dupont Liberte and Caran d'Ache Leman range to the OP's search but you couldn't improve too much on your original list IMO.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1...those are great. I traded mine for a Pelikan.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I am very happy with my Montblanc.
I think the "logo" is understated enough not to be seen as a total dick, but for those who know, you will be baller. Mission accomplished, I would say.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this thread is a far cry from your usual shenanigans....but here goes my advice...

MB pens are ******. Just thin resin that will break when dropped...nothing special. My favorite pen is my Montegrappa FP that I have on my desk. Writes smooth as silk. I also use a Krone FP every so often too...and I have a half a dozen Pellikan RBs and BPs that serve me well. But, anyone who's into pens eventually will have a MB. but they usually start out with them and move up to real quality from there.

+1.

I have a lot of pens, and I left all the good ones in SoFLA, except for one, a Dupont Olympio large rollerball, which feels, looks, and writes better than any Montblanc I have ever owned or tried.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Greatest video ever.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads