Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dunhill pen or mont blanc pen?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hermes man, Jun 30, 2011.

1. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Senior member

This one?

http://www.montblanc.com/products/26.php

This one is awesome! But a bit over the top ? [​IMG] Oh well that's the whole point of the thread so why not [​IMG]

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

3. patrickBOOTH

This one is awesome! But a bit over the top ? [​IMG] Oh well that's the whole point of the thread so why not [​IMG]

I have the ballpoint though. I am a maladroit don't have the patience for writing well with a fountain. I also have the slim one, not the fat one. It is a little more elegant in my opinion.

4. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

this thread is a far cry from your usual shenanigans....but here goes my advice...

MB pens are shitty. Just thin resin that will break when dropped...nothing special. My favorite pen is my Montegrappa FP that I have on my desk. Writes smooth as silk. I also use a Krone FP every so often too...and I have a half a dozen Pellikan RBs and BPs that serve me well. But, anyone who's into pens eventually will have a MB. but they usually start out with them and move up to real quality from there.

5. Galix

Galix Senior member

Since this thread is turning into an interesting conversation about pens, I'll drop my 2 cents. For the last months I'm using daily a Caran d'Ache fountain pen. Smooth and perfect ink flow. Highly recommended.

6. entrero

entrero Senior member

which one looks more baller when i sign my credit card ?

Aunque el mono se vista de seda, mono se queda

7. patrickBOOTH

You want the proprietor to love you? Pay with cash.

8. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

Since this thread is turning into an interesting conversation about pens, I'll drop my 2 cents. For the last months I'm using daily a Caran d'Ache fountain pen. Smooth and perfect ink flow. Highly recommended.

+1...those are great. I traded mine for a Pelikan.

9. Slippybee

Slippybee Senior member

My favorite pen is my Montegrappa FP that I have on my desk. Writes smooth as silk. I also use a Krone FP every so often too...and I have a half a dozen Pellikan RBs and BPs that serve me well. But, anyone who's into pens eventually will have a MB. but they usually start out with them and move up to real quality from there.

Excellent collection. I like the simple elegance of the Montegrappa NeroUno.

I'd add some of the more understated pens from the St Dupont Liberte and Caran d'Ache Leman range to the OP's search but you couldn't improve too much on your original list IMO.

10. entrero

entrero Senior member

+1...those are great. I traded mine for a Pelikan.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

11. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

I am very happy with my Montblanc.
    I think the "logo" is understated enough not to be seen as a total dick, but for those who know, you will be baller. Mission accomplished, I would say.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

+1

Please post which models you are considering. In addition, Patek Phillippe made some limited edition pens if you really want to be a "baller".

I have a caran d'ache-manufactured Patek pen. [​IMG]

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

If you are worried about which pen makes you look more 'baller', you have no balls.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

this thread is a far cry from your usual shenanigans....but here goes my advice...

MB pens are shitty. Just thin resin that will break when dropped...nothing special. My favorite pen is my Montegrappa FP that I have on my desk. Writes smooth as silk. I also use a Krone FP every so often too...and I have a half a dozen Pellikan RBs and BPs that serve me well. But, anyone who's into pens eventually will have a MB. but they usually start out with them and move up to real quality from there.

+1.

I have a lot of pens, and I left all the good ones in SoFLA, except for one, a Dupont Olympio large rollerball, which feels, looks, and writes better than any Montblanc I have ever owned or tried.

15. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Greatest video ever. [​IMG]