• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quarks
*Edit: Re-reading my post, I did come across as being hostile. I edited to re-word myself*

No problem. Its the internet.

I'll reply sometime in next few days.

Yeah I dunno about year 7 Registrars but its in the AMA agreement - I can't remember now

quar

Reaction score
fxh, your numbers are a little out-dated. I have the Victorian EBA as a PDF on my computer. I am happy to email it to you if you want to have a look at current pay-grades. Registrar Year 1 (HM25) is currently 39.40 per hour. This would be a first year SET1 trainee or a first year Anesthetics / Radiology trainee, or a first year Advanced Trainee in Adult Medicine. HMO Year 1 / Intern (HM11) is currently 29.43 per hour. Of course, many HMO's do "Registrar" duties, and are paid the HM25 rate accordingly as per the EBA. Examples include Night Surgical Registrars (who are often non-SET trainees) and Basic Physician Trainees doing terms such as General Medicine (who are not advanced trainees). There is no ward clerk who gets paid higher than the HM11 level period. Suggesting so is just plain bullshit. BTW, these are Victorian pay-grades, which are the lowest in the country. Also, most of us work well above 76 hours per fortnight, and therefore are paid much more than our base salary. In my first year working as an Intern, I more than doubled my base salary in earnings. In fact, I continued to earn at least double my base salary. Many of my friends who work desk-jobs get their base salary regardless of how many hours they stay back at night to finish their work. Quarks. Plenty of people are paid at the Registrar Level 7 Grade (HM30). What do you think all of the Fellows at your hospital are paid? Consider a General Surgery Fellow, who has completed 5 years of SET, and then undertakes a 3 year fellowship in Colorectal Surgery to attain his Colorectal Society Australia / NZ Accreditation. What about a Cardiology Interventional Fellow who has completed 3 years Advanced Training in Cardiology, then a 1 year Cardiac MRI Fellowship and then commences his / her Interventional Training? These people do exist. And not because they fail exams, but because training often extends beyond gaining of FRACS, FRACP, etc. Quarks, I responded to your original post in a blunt way, personally because I think you were over-selling the stressors of our daily work commitments. Yes, we study a lot when we go home at night. Yes, we work long hours. And yes, occasionally (very occasionally), we deal with critically unwell patients without adequate support. But at the end of the day, it's not so bad most of the time.

bbboy05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xiaoli
Try their Rakuten store?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/g...em/270-28-024/

Thanks for the heads up!

Speaking of which, anyone had any experience with "Shop Bios" on Rakuten?

Tempted by this jacket and it's very very reasonably priced.

img57551608.jpg

For those interested; http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/b...snf11-005h-87/

Quarks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quar
Quarks. Plenty of people are paid at the Registrar Level 7 Grade (HM30). What do you think all of the Fellows at your hospital are paid? Consider a General Surgery Fellow, who has completed 5 years of SET, and then undertakes a 3 year fellowship in Colorectal Surgery to attain his Colorectal Society Australia / NZ Accreditation. What about a Cardiology Interventional Fellow who has completed 3 years Advanced Training in Cardiology, then a 1 year Cardiac MRI Fellowship and then commences his / her Interventional Training? These people do exist. And not because they fail exams, but because training often extends beyond gaining of FRACS, FRACP, etc.

Quarks, I responded to your original post in a blunt way, personally because I think you were over-selling the stressors of our daily work commitments. Yes, we study a lot when we go home at night. Yes, we work long hours. And yes, occasionally (very occasionally), we deal with critically unwell patients without adequate support. But at the end of the day, it's not so bad most of the time.

quar, good on ya on the facts. Fellows' pay came to mind after my edit.

Blunt or not, it is fine. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine.
I dont want to justify any further on what I think. There is a place & time for it. Recent tragic events has been too much, not just for me, my team & the parents of those affected. I wont elaborate on anything for obvious reasons, and I do not care to relive the moments on here or anywhere else. No, I agree with you that most of the time, it is not so bad. But sadly, this belongs to the exception, happening one after another, & we just wonder, when is it going to stop? Should you have experienced what I have, you wouldnt be saying the same. But you havent, so I dont blame you. Nobody should ever face what my team has gone through but it is our job. Clearly it may have come across as 'overselling', as these events still lingers. We are all getting on, in our own ways. Has this phrase ever come across your mind? ,'I dont get paid enough for this ****.' I'm sure it has or it will from time to time.

Please no more of medical topics, I came here to get away from it.
Back to gentlemen's topic at hand, & what we were here for.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quarks
Please no more of medical topics, I came here to get away from it.
Back to gentlemen's topic at hand, & what we were here for.

Sorry to hear of the hard times.

I won't do anymore -

quar - yes I have latest figures somewhere but was being conservative and working from memory a bit before.

Re being off topic - not that much - clothes and dressing occur in a context - in a culture - that includes ability to afford and that includes retail prices and costs and income levels. Some discussion of the wider context helps understand how to dress - well at least the opposite is true - a lack of understanding - generally precludes understanding how to dress.

**** - I'm barely making sense to myself - get to bed.

pasey25

Reaction score
Considering heading down to Azzaro today

Given the recent posts about a tragic event down there (the details of which weren't revealed) -does anyone know if they are or are not open?

I need at least one extra beater suit and for $100 for the Pisano I owe it to myself to take a look.

Quarks

Reaction score
Give them a ring before you drop by, as I was suggested to do so by them.
(Tel:- 9696 2611)

pasey25

Reaction score
I will if I have to but their website says they open at 11am and I'd like to arrive around that time. it's a 40 min drive in so it would be good to know if anyone else knew

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elvish
Does anyone know these guys?

As usual USA shirts from 79, Australia 99... joke

Never used them before, know nothing about them, but they keep emailing me everytime they're in Australia.

ColonialBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porschemad911
$79.97 shipped - hope they work out!
I'm an education student & need some cheap nice stuff - thats for the info!

Tried posting in some other threads and found people here very snooty. Where I will be working sporting a $10 tie is considered way overdressed.

elvish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ColonialBoy
Tried posting in some other threads and found people here very snooty. Where I will be working sporting a $10 tie is considered way overdressed.

I've always wondered what the response would be if you photshopped a brioni/kiton tag onto a target jacket. I think the majority are brand whores, just not for the "fashion" brands.

aKula

Reaction score
To keep the discussion on local tailors going, I just ordered an overcoat. Navy, double breasted, length just past the knee. I went with Loro Piana wool. The tailor even showed me a cashmere/mink(!) cloth sample for that ultimate luxury.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote from todays Fin Review ' a tie is like a fashion exclamation mark on a man's outfit.' Well being one how enjoys loud colourful ties I can certainly agree with the sentiment. The site for the band is http://legrew.com/ And interesting article on Prada and the creative design process, amongst other things.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porschemad911
Men's Short Sleeve Heritage Mesh Polo - in navy

$79.97 shipped - hope they work out!

Have you bought their Polos before? And if so how do you find the fit?

I have been buying Southern Tide polos the past couple of years but these look nice and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads