• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mcarthur
10oh65h.jpg

cigar lwb
argyles otc

Very nice LWB mac!

cromulated

Reaction score
on the off chance that someone reading this happens to own a pair of Aldens on the Hampton last in a sz 9.5 or 10, could I get outsole length and width measurements? thanks in advance...

mr chorizo

Reaction score
saw those...and by a dozen times he really means 30. definitely not pretty...

Originally Posted by terradilavoro
hi folks,

this hurts to see
confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

when i read this .... and saw the pics
eek.gif

"...These were absolutely perfect (not factory seconds or anything like that) and have been worn about a dozen times...."

cheers
Joachim

marg

Reaction score
this guy must have ran 12 half marathons in those boots...i have year-old shoes worn 6-10 times per month with less wear. and look at that insane creasing! skip.

HorseHide

Reaction score
hi folks,

this hurts to see
confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

when i read this .... and saw the pics
eek.gif

"...These were absolutely perfect (not factory seconds or anything like that) and have been worn about a dozen times...."

cheers
Joachim

Interesting debate going on over in the B&S thread about these shoes. Evidently the eBayer (ilikebelgianbeer) is a SF member and he grabbed them when the owner of Epaulet posted them on B&S. Now the eBayer is attempting to sell them on eBay at a nice profit.

Since the boots aren't my size (and I hate Indy boots anyway), this is more a philosophical question for me and I'm not sure how I come out. Should a fellow SF'er give other members a break? Sure, that's nice. But IMO joining this group doesn't somehow obligate him/her to do so.

And the fact that he's looking to profit isn't all bad. What if he does this to buy more shoes? What if he gives the profits to charity?

And does this put some duty on the original seller (the guy from Epaulet)? Should he vet his prospective buyers to determine if they might flip the boots? I know that seems a little far-fetched but if "flipping" is bad, then...

Obviously I'm procrastinating this afternoon.
blush.gif

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sellers have the responsibility to be honest about the items they're selling. It's up to them how much information to divulge.

Buyers have the responsibility to ask questions of the sellers' items before making a purchase. It's up to them how comfortable they are making purchases based on the information provided.

The more information a seller provides, the more comfortable a potential buyer becomes. A seller's reputation is based on a history of successful (or unsuccessful) sales and pleased (or displeased) buyers.

A seller pulling a fast one won't go unnoticed on the Internet. It may be profitable for a seller in the short term, but not over the long run.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
10rl0gn.jpg

ravello full strap
argyles otc

IRONHORSE

Reaction score
Anybody who bought a Natural Chromexcel NST Tanker could you please post any pics.

What would you get a Hawaiian Tanker in a Brown Chromexcel or Natural Chromexcel Tanker NST.

keithp3521

Reaction score
If those boots have been worn only "about a dozen times," then that dude is pretty damned hard on his footwear. Maybe he's a mountain guide and spends every day humping thirty miles up a rock-strewn path.
hi folks, this hurts to see
confused.gif
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT when i read this .... and saw the pics
eek.gif
"...These were absolutely perfect (not factory seconds or anything like that) and have been worn about a dozen times...." cheers Joachim

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
Interesting debate going on over in the B&S thread about these shoes. Evidently the eBayer (ilikebelgianbeer) is a SF member and he grabbed them when the owner of Epaulet posted them on B&S. Now the eBayer is attempting to sell them on eBay at a nice profit.

Originally Posted by kgmessier
Sellers have the responsibility to be honest about the items they're selling. It's up to them how much information to divulge.

A seller pulling a fast one won't go unnoticed on the Internet. It may be profitable for a seller in the short term, but not over the long run.

If you're referring to the flipper: is flipping '...pulling a fast one...'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads