• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London Summer Sales

pred02

Reaction score
Hi,
I went to Selfridges on Sunday and there seem to be a massive sale. Walking by a few stores around work, it seems that many places are having a sale across London.

Though I start a thread and see if there are any good sightings or deals around that could be shared on the boards. I am looking for a new RTW suit and some summer trousers / shorts or any other vacation wear.

Thanks!

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit-wise I've not seen too much about.

You've got 50% off at RL in Bond St on suits but that still keeps them at around the £500 - £700 mark for the Corneliani made stuff.

Richard James in Selfridges have got some lovely stuff at 50% off and also Zegna seem to be around 60%.

Also check in Harrods. Depending on what your budget is there are some beautiful suits by Uman (Brioni offspring) and Corneliani.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Suit-wise I've not seen too much about.

You've got 50% off at RL in Bond St on suits but that still keeps them at around the £500 - £700 mark for the Corneliani made stuff.

Richard James in Selfridges have got some lovely stuff at 50% off and also Zegna seem to be around 60%.

Also check in Harrods. Depending on what your budget is there are some beautiful suits by Uman (Brioni offspring) and Corneliani.

How about shoes
tongue.gif
?

Selfridges definitely have some nice stuff, don't go to harrods as often, just lazy
laugh.gif

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I went to Harrods on Sunday and the semi-annual sale was in full effect...

Lots of great RTW on sale around 50% off. Picked up a Kiton dress shirt (mis-marked) for 70 quid!

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pillaged a rack of incotex at Harrods, but couldn't find much else of note. The shoe selection was disgraceful in (in my size, anyway).

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Jermyn Street - TM Lewin, H&K, T&A + others.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loathing
I pillaged a rack of incotex at Harrods, but couldn't find much else of note. The shoe selection was disgraceful in (in my size, anyway).

there were some RLPL and RLBL at 50% off, though the RLBL were in black in my size. The only thing I saw worth buying was a 36R RLPL 100% cashmere solid navy blazer, though still around 1100 GBP after discount.

Selfridge is all done, nothing really interesting in my size. Same goes with Liberty. Ralph Lauren's own store still have some stuff in my size, but 50% off the price here isn't that great compare to what I can get from the US.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marcodalondra
There wasnice selection at selfridges the first two days of sales, 50% off

there are still a lot ties in both harrods and selfridges even today, though not what I would want to buy to be honest...

countbaron

Reaction score
Me thinks Malford bought some EGs for RL in the RL sale which he then put up for sale

I bought the same shoe but kept it for myself. After all £300 for a nice pair of EGs isn’t bad

Amazingly RL continue to sell their RLPL shirts at less than 50% discount on their crazy £300 RRP in both their flagship and Harrods, when I have been bagging them at £50 at Bicester for a few weeks. I don’t fxxking know what to do with so many Lorenzinis (I figure I acquired about 15 during the last year when I started caring abut clothes, all below £65). Probably will give them out for charity shops

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the responses were fairly underwhelming - here is what I found yesterday.
EG - 5-6 styles in sizes 9-10 & fairly obscure at that ie; dainite soles, no monks, dovers etc.
440 Quid (less vat probably 400). Not a great deal with what we are used to paying on the B&S.
Lobb - not on Sale ( and could Not bring myself to pay 920 for the 2010's). Next stop HK - I wonder what the markup will be there?
Foster - Shoes around 295 Quid up to 500 and a limited selection.
Cleverly - not on Sale though I spent 30 minutes talking with George and what a nice bloke!
C&J - perhaps the best selection of Bench and Handgrades - not overly large discounts.
New & Lingwood - many Shoes (tasseled Loafers ala Redway) from 199. I understand
That Many of their Shoes are produced by Grenson.
Ralph: has 2 styles by G&G ( both Tan) at 450. I do not believe that these include
Tree's and the SA I spoke with was clueless and full of ****!
BICESTER- was a waste of time. RL was chock full of PL with stratospheric prices. Suits were
999 Quid, Cashmere Cardigans in Lime Green and Pink at 300!

Oes

apjw

Reaction score
Hi I'm in London right now and hoping to buy a good pair of black captoe dress shoes for around 150GBP. Does anyone have any idea where is the best place and brand that I should go for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics