• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lastmanstanding
lol
You can't tell on none of my clothes if they are brands or not, as you can see, I removed the Diesel above the right pocket, the shirt is clean from symbols, you can't tell the shoes are gucci only if you look very close or in the inside of them

What's the problem with jeans with holes btw? i get always compliments from guys and girls about it all the time

cheers

They may not present a problem to you, but this is not an aesthetic which is pursued here. In fact those jeans are the antithesis to SF aesthetics. Brands and labeling aside, they are ugly.

Keep in mind that some people will give someone a compliment not because they love the item, but because they notice them and don't know what else to say.
"nice jeans" can also mean "I noticed your flashy, affected denim."

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would you post a picture of an unhappy woman?
confused.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East2West
They may not present a problem to you, but this is not an aesthetic which is pursued here. In fact those jeans are the antithesis to SF aesthetics. Brands and labeling aside, they are ugly. Keep in mind that some people will give someone a compliment not because they love the item, but because they notice them and don't know what else to say. "nice jeans" can also mean "I noticed your flashy, affected denim."
so you didn't like my style i don't care
asdfadsf-1.jpg

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lastmanstanding
so you didn't like my style i don't care

So what's the point of you posting here? Are you looking for advice or do you want people to admire your look? Because with incoherent responses like that one you'll get neither.

Hollywars

Reaction score
Hint, if you see people in real life wearing it or you can buy it at the mall, it's probably not as cool as you think it is.

Majerle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by East2West

Keep in mind that some people will give someone a compliment not because they love the item, but because they notice them and don't know what else to say.
"nice jeans" can also mean "I noticed your flashy, affected denim."

This is a really great point.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this convo reminds me of the jet quote that someone has in their signature block.

something like, "if people give you compliments your doing it wrong, when ppl call you gay youve reached sf'dom"

...i dunno, someone should chime in with the real quote
redface.gif

ephori

Reaction score
Hey folks. A couple from the last few days.

H&M polo
W+H chinos
RM Williams boots
Saddleback bag

W+H hoodie
Club Monaco shirts
Naked & Famous chinos
JCrew Sperrys

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ephori
Hey folks. A couple from the last few days.

H&M polo
W+H chinos
RM Williams boots
Saddleback bag

W+H hoodie
Club Monaco shirts
Naked & Famous chinos
JCrew Sperrys

You don't happen to know of a website called arstechnica do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics