• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from my experience with this thread a couple years ago, some criticisms by individuals here in this forum can be insulting. that's why I only post my fit pics at the photos only no discussion thread
smile.gif

but come to think of it, the daily banter about clothing by a group of straight guys I find entertaining like a real housewives show
laugh.gif

the other day while waiting in line at the concession stand for some popcorn, I noticed a young African-American teenager guy checking out my styleforum steez and heard the kid saying while looking at me some profanity and the word whale
crackup[1].gif
wow.gif
smack.gif
but I didn't pay attention to him and walked away. I figured I'm comfortable with what I'm wearing and if he has a problem with it then he deal with it plus it was a kid so he has a little growing up to do.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
this fight is the Worst

Seriously, you guys are really making this threak impossible to read.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by colabear
From my experience with this thread, a couple years ago, some criticisms, by individuals here in this forum, can be insulting. That's why I only post my fit pics at the photos only, no discussion thread!
smile.gif
But come to think of it, the daily banter about clothing by a group of straight guys I find entertaining like a real housewives show!
laugh.gif
The other day, while waiting in line at the concession stand for some popcorn, I noticed a young African-American teenager checking out my Style Forum steez and heard the kid saying, while looking at me, some profanity and the word whale
crackup[1].gif
wow.gif
smack.gif
, but I didn't pay attention to him and walked away. I figured, I'm comfortable with what I'm wearing, and if he has a problem with it then he needs to deal with it. Plus, it was a kid, so he has a little growing up to do.

+1 (Ironically, stopping hijack of thread. Please, continue. *Japanese bows)

UserName84

Reaction score
from my experience with this thread a couple years ago, some criticisms by individuals here in this forum can be insulting. that's why I only post my fit pics at the photos only no discussion thread
smile.gif

Please post them here from now on...

awql39.jpg

cdg shirt
gap shorts
prada murse
clarks desert boots

no, that's not a camel toe

mlh9g7.jpg

Chiqui Montypasse shirt
Gap skinny jeans
Junya bag
Dr. Marten brogues

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only participate in this forum for the process of learning and exchanging ideas. My outfits are by no means works of art, but just like a work of art, what I want a guy to get from my outfit pics is to maybe appreciate how I combined different styles together, the color scheme, etc. and learn from it or get something from it. Vice versa, I do learn a lot from many of you guys. in particular, aeglus' hair which I'm trying to copy. Also, phatguido's effortless cool that I'm trying to do more casually to fit my lifestyle.

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
I only participate in this forum for the process of learning and exchanging ideas. My outfits are by no means works of art, but just like a work of art, what I want a guy to get from my outfit pics is to maybe appreciate how I combined different styles together, the color scheme, etc. and learn from it or get something from it. Vice versa, I do learn a lot from many of you guys. in particular, aeglus' hair which I'm trying to copy. Also, phatguido's effortless cool that I'm trying to do more casually to fit my lifestyle.

go spend money on a gym pass before buying more clothes

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Billster

most of the time I don't buy clothes, I make them.
and operating your own business which is a 16 hour a day job makes it difficult to go to the gym regularly so I just do treadmill and taebo

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LJubel328
Wow, brutal. Why such harsh words

not brutal or harsh at all. he just said his opinion and I appreciate his concern therefore I explained to him the realities of his opinion

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
Seriously, you guys are really making this threak impossible to read.

+ infinity. What the f**k is happening in here?

Originally Posted by Billster

This comment is beyond unnecessary, man.

most of the time I don't buy clothes, I make them.
and operating your own business which is a 16 hour a day job makes it difficult to go to the gym regularly so I just do treadmill and taebo

Rude and personal attack comments like the one above are unfortunately part of this serious internet business. I can barely sew a button, so I can appreciate making your own clothes and all and having fun with clothes and enjoying fashion and caring about what we wear is the main reason most of us are even here or at least partake in the WAYWT threads and post our own pics.

Personally, I think there would be a lot to gain from hearing some open criticism by posting your fits in this thread. I think we all can. There will always be a-holes like said poster above taking personal attacks and making jokes, but if you can sweep that nonesense under the rug as you appear to be able to, I think you will find that your style could grow some more.

My style has changed so much over the last 3 years since joining SF, it's ridiculous. The critiques and criticism on here have helped me out a great deal.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Also, you're talking like you're a 75 year old grandpa when you're clearly in the same age group as most people here. We don't need a life coach.

And here I thought I was the only one seeing the irony...

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ 1 Tonio

Honestly Japan Alex, the first person who made fun of your photo maybe just has the hots for you or just buttugly. seriously from my experience, these people just needs attention that's why they act the way they do. if they can just realize that if they are lacking in the outside, at least, they are abundant in the inside. and this really pisses me off, this actually is my only pet peeve is when someone is buttugly + rude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads