• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne + Brooks Brothers = Black Fleece (pics are up)

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Definitely a step in the right directon for Brooks. I like it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Apart from the shorts with knee socks, I think this collection looks promising. I haven't stepped into a BB for over a year because their house style is just something I don't wear anymore, but I will stop by to check out Black Fleece.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I still think they should call it Black Sheep.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Guys, all this stuff is very nice and if you like the Brooks style but are under 40-50, Browne did you a big favor. These items are most likely going to use better fabrics and workmanship than the typical Brooks stuff. Also, the fit will be nice and slim. Obviously the hard core middle aged Brooks fan will be blase or maybe even hate this new stuff, but Brooks is trying to lure in the Styleforum type of buyer. The relatively young guy who wants quality, style and great fit and can spend a couple of dollars. I like this stuff. The coats are wonderful and I can see my wife wearing the coat and pants that the chick in the last pic is wearing.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
^^^^ My thoughts exactly. I love Brooks Brothers, but can't really wear their stuff because it hangs off of me and just does not look good. BB slim fitting (younger looks) like this I will be all over. It's exactly what I have wanted from the company for years. I hope this does well enough to force a bit of change in the company, can't the pot-bellied old trads and young slim fitting guys coexist in Brooks?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BB for some time now has needed to revitalize its image with the American public, its nice to see they're willing to move in this direction.

I really like that tan rain coat.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Definitely a step in the right directon for Brooks. I like it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

+
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I like most of it. And I'm gonna guess that much of it won't be around salestime.

For a runway show it looks wearable (which means the instore items will be VERY wearable)....what folks can't get a proper grasp of is that Thom Browne's runway shows are NOTHING like what you see in the stores that carry him. and you can hem your trousers as long/short as you want (his trousers have unfinished hems and probably measure 36-38")

I'm still waiting on a pricepoint. I'm sure it'll be in the higher range but pennies compared to Browne's own line.

*and there is a retro-ness going on, but it doesnt really reference the early 60s like I thought it might (as Labelking pointed out)...but still has a good modern meets retro vibe

nmoraitis

Reaction score
I'm really digging it and as has been mentioned, I absolutely love the bigger pant cuffs. Very Milanese!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it. I think some of the runway models are a bit monochromatic, but that's just the fashion show. I hope the line will be available at the mall BB stores (or at least some of it). I need to travel a little bit to get to one of the flagships B&Ms.

Also, hopefully the sweater GS is admiring won't be selling for $3,000.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
and you can hem your trousers as long/short as you want
I always find it funny how a forum with this level of knowledge forgets that basic fact of trousers when it comes to Brown.
laugh.gif
Collection looks good for what it is... None of it really stands out at a quick glance, but I suppose that's the point... A lot of it looks nice, though. I really want to know the prices.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
I really want to know the prices.
I'm guessing they will be similiar to, or slightly higher than Golden Fleece prices.

How soon should we start seeing these in stores? (assuming they send inventory to each of them) Late summer perhaps?

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
I'm really excited to see this. I don't think that this will be a very successful venture though -- at least in the beginning. But that's better for those in the know, because a lot of this stuff will go to super sale racks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads