• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
****, just put 300 bucks into my car last week. I had a "check engine " light and need to go for immission test. light went right back on, another 200 bucks for another issue. ****. ******* american cars.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
grammar nazis piss me the **** off.

**** this your, you're business. **** its and it's. i'm not writing an essay. conversational english isnt meant to be precise. you write it like you say it and read it like you hear it. you never see people correcting capitalization or subject verb agreements or misplaced modifiers, but write its instead of it's and lo and behold the grammar nazis come out of their hiding hole

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
What kind of car?

crysler town and country

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i will be having that exact discission with said employees tomorrow if they bother showing up. and it will be at least as blunt as you put it.

Try not to get murdered.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
Grammar Nazis piss me the **** off.

Fuck this your, you're business. Fuck its and it's. I'm not writing an essay. Conversational English isn't meant to be precise. You write it like you say it and read it like you hear it. You never see people correcting capitalization or subject verb agreements or misplaced modifiers, but write its instead of it's and lo and behold the grammar Nazis come out of their hiding hole

fyp

laugh.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i wouldnt put chrysler in the same tier as ford or GM. especially not in terms of reliability

good or bad? I had a ford focus before that fell appart on me. my other car is a toyota, when I replace the crysler, I am going japanese.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
fyp
laugh.gif

die
Originally Posted by globetrotter
good or bad? I had a ford focus before that fell appart on me. my other car is a toyota, when I replace the crysler, I am going japanese.
i'd say ford and gm is much better. they've gotten much better these past few years. Also from what I understand many foreign cars sold in the US are actually made in the US. eg toyota there's quite a few toyota factories in the US (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_..._North_America) from what i understand all toyotas but priuses (which are made in japan) are made in the US bmw also has a factory in the US although if it were me i'd go for a honda civic or accord. consistently good reliability and lowest maintenance costs

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of a long story, but whatever, wouldnt mind some advice.

I'm a freshman in college, 19 years old, hoping to get into Law School come the right time.

My uncle owns a law firm in the city, and in September, right around when school started he offered me a job there, just to get experience, so i'd stay busy, etc. It worked out well, and I liked the job at first, still don't really mind it.

It was even better given the fact that he said he would pay me $11 an hour, off the books. I mean it's not great, but for a freshman in college it's pretty good.

In any case, I scheduled all my classes for the evening, worked 40 hours a week, sometimes more, and still maintained an almost perfect GPA.

Flash forward a couple of months, and the job is really getting to me. I don't like it at all, and its affecting my life. In the mornings I can hardly get up to go to work, I have been calling out frequently. My uncle has had several talks with me about my attendance...

Fact of the matter is, I know in the long term, its best for me to keep this job, and not to burn bridges...but I cant cant do it. Its the summer, im 19 years old, but I wake up every morning to commute an hour and a half to a law office where everyone is 35+, I work 9-5, 5 days a week. I get home best case scenario at 6 30 -7 at night...

I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but it really isnt the case. Shouldnt I be enjoying myself, at this point in my life...?

I have an oppurtunity to go and work for a non profit organization, id be making $13 on the books, which would probably come out to around the same I make here. This non profit fits in line with my ideals, and I would like to work for them. Additionally, most people working there are my age, and have the same interests as me, it's also cool because the organization constantly goes on "travel trips" where they roadtrip for a couple of days doing work in other states, and just having fun.

I am severely contemplating switching over.

The cons are that i'm not sure I can maintain this job when I go back to school in the fall, at my uncles law firm hell be flexible with me, here they probably wouldnt work with me to that extent.

I also dont want to burn bridges with my uncle, because many a time he has insinuated that I could have a job when I graduate law school, even perhaps hell give me my own office...

Thoughts/opinions.

Excuse the harried, poor writing. Im on a phone.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
talk to your uncle first and tell him that while you're grateful for the work experience the hours are getting to you and that a new job has turned that would lead to new experiences for you.

it'll look good on your resume and now you'll have the opportunity to expand your network.

unless he's a douche he'll understand.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MarkI,

and I say this in the nicest possible way. DON'T BE A *****. life is about being faced with rought choices, pussies choose the easy way. at 19, don't start now.

the market is flooded with laywers, nobody needs another ***** lawyer. you can take a path that will help you find a good job, and make some kind of more or less man out of you, take that path. if you wimp out now, you will wimp out for the next 60 years.

good luck with your choice.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
fyp

laugh.gif

did you get a chuckle when the Pluperfect Virus (hoax) came out. I couldn't stop laughing, and wished with all my heart that it had been real.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
grammar nazis piss me the **** off.

**** this your, you're business. **** its and it's. i'm not writing an essay. conversational english isnt meant to be precise. you write it like you say it and read it like you hear it. you never see people correcting capitalization or subject verb agreements or misplaced modifiers, but write its instead of it's and lo and behold the grammar nazis come out of their hiding hole

After reading your post, I understand why someone who cares about grammar might cause you a bit of stress.
wink.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
MarkI,

and I say this in the nicest possible way. DON'T BE A *****. life is about being faced with rought choices, pussies choose the easy way. at 19, don't start now.

the market is flooded with laywers, nobody needs another ***** lawyer. you can take a path that will help you find a good job, and make some kind of more or less man out of you, take that path. if you wimp out now, you will wimp out for the next 60 years.

good luck with your choice.

Could not agree more.

Seriously MarkI - when you're in law school, those hours you worked in undergrad will make you into a stronger student and a better lawyer. If you can't enjoy yourself in your off hours, then you're doing it wrong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads