• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it possible to go without shorts for the summer?

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is very hot in the summer here in Toronto, is it possible to go without shorts? I know it is too hot to wear jeans, so right now I am wearing chinos, not entirely sure if I can stick with this for the entire summer. Does anyone here not wear shorts? How does it feel?

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear chino shorts when its anything above 25

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iroh
It is very hot in the summer here in Toronto, is it possible to go without shorts? I know it is too hot to wear jeans, so right now I am wearing chinos, not entirely sure if I can stick with this for the entire summer. Does anyone here not wear shorts? How does it feel?

I have never worn shorts in Toronto during my time spent here which has included many summers. I just bought two pairs of linen trousers to help me through the summer.

Shorts are for the beach.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please see this thread. There lies all of your answers.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
I have never worn shorts in Toronto during my time spent here which has included many summers. I just bought two pairs of linen trousers to help me through the summer.

Shorts are for the beach.

Good man.

Reaction score
It's certainly possible to survive a London summer without ever having to resort to shorts
laugh.gif

Miserable here today...
plain.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sure, but then everyone will see your little wiener flapping around in the summer breeze.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forzagaribaldi
It's certainly possible to survive a London summer without ever having to resort to shorts
laugh.gif

Miserable here today...
plain.gif

No one wants to see a British man's legs.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
No one wants to see a British man's legs.

I'm not going to argue with that sentiment. Though as a cyclist mine do get imposed on others on a daily basis.

I try to maintain speed to minimise the horror for innocent bystanders.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forzagaribaldi
I try to maintain speed to minimise the horror for innocent bystanders.
Well, that's awfully considerate of you. Thank you, gent.
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
dr-strangelove.gif

I don't get this. I'm very young; black and white is before my time.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just got home from an outdoor music festival in downtown Houston. There arent many places hotter than that in this country outide of Arizona. Temperature was in the 90s and extremely hot. I was one of about three people among thousands NOT in shorts, white Levis did the job OK. I have worn shorts frequently in the past but am moving away from that trend. Currently have only khaki and black and some cutoffs for around the house. Other than them, aside from the beach and the pool the default will be long trousers in almost every situation.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Mens_image_01.jpg
Can perhaps work.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Just got home from an outdoor music festival in downtown Houston. There arent many places hotter than that in this country outide of Arizona. Temperature was in the 90s and extremely hot. I was one of about three people among thousands NOT in shorts, white Levis did the job OK. I have worn shorts frequently in the past but am moving away from that trend. Currently have only khaki and black and some cutoffs for around the house. Other than them, aside from the beach and the pool the default will be long trousers in almost every situation.

Good man.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it can be done if you don't plan on doing much outside. The last few days it's been in the mid 90's, dead calm with a THI of around 110. It was miserable wearing linen shorts and shirt. I can't imagine what it would have been like wearing any kind of long pants. Sometimes the environment wins and there's no sense in fighting it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads