• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs that you got/lost the job off an interview?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah not bad for 25 y/o in education
biggrin.gif

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yeah not bad for 25 y/o in education
biggrin.gif

I can't recall what is the market rate in HK, but that sounds a bit low for HK.
Plus you have to pay taxes I think.
But for 11 k, you should be able to get a nice room (maybe not an entire flat).

Anyway, if your new employers accept your proposed pay just like that, it is probably too low. You should have said like 40k and see what they say. After all, you are already getting 31 k.

But even if you have not signed the employment papers, its a bit too late to ask for more money now.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
They didn't accept it like that, they asked in the interview and I told them 25k. And it's 36k.
teacha.gif

Jangofett

Reaction score
They didn't accept it like that, they asked in the interview and I told them 25k.

And it's 36k.
teacha.gif

Oh of course its 36k.

But if they grabbed you for 36k, I think they can bite at 40k. Since you are probably comfortably within their budget or pay scale.

So if you say 45k, they may eke out 42k for you.
But if you go overboard and demand 50k, they would just thank you for your time.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
It's a job which requires a masters, mine is only in progress. I'm a good teacher but I'm lucky to have it, honestly.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a job which requires a masters, mine is only in progress. I'm a good teacher but I'm lucky to have it, honestly.

Attaboy

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
I was in the 3rd interview, narrowed down to 3 candidates, and I was nailing it. The position was for a Civil Engineer to head up an effort to map the entire community using GIS technology and the pay and benefits were very good. Well, my mind went blank when I was asked if I knew what AM/FM was. Well, that is a very common term, Automated Mapping Facilities Management, in the GIS industry. I think I started sweating and the look on their face went from being impressed to looking like they were thinking I was a real poser. I ended up not getting the job and I felt like that one question was the reason. I would now be retired from that position had I gotten the job.
plain.gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What percent do you think they'll take for child support?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
What percent do you think they'll take for child support?

None, because you're a ****-face.

imschatz

Reaction score
ugh .. interviewer requested copies of my transcripts. My transcripts aren't disastrous (I did get into a grad school) but they are far from spectacular with a few very embarrassing grades.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
ugh .. interviewer requested copies of my transcripts. My transcripts aren't disastrous (I did get into a grad school) but they are far from spectacular with a few very embarrassing grades.

Huuuuh?
uhoh.gif

I thought "grades and **** like this" never mattered. What industry is this, if you don't mind telling?

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
Huuuuh?
uhoh.gif
I thought "grades and **** like this" never mattered. What industry is this, if you don't mind telling?

Position is called "Economic Analyst" - developing market models and some capital valuation type stuff - for an oil/gas/energy company. The position is a "new graduate" position, so its not entirely unexpected.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads