• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any of you guys looking for dub monks? = new 10.5DUSA. I have a pair of BBs/AS and a pair of black Magnannis soon. Just an interest check for now.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D'Urban suits @ 30% off a good deal?
Looking at the DJs flier at the moment.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
D'Urban suits @ 30% off a good deal?
Looking at the DJs flier at the moment.

M'eh, they're ok.

Same as a whole bunch of other suits at that pricetag available in DJ's rightaboutnow.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Never topyed a pair of shoes with leather soles yet and never will. Heard too many bad stories of them not being confortable and also if you get moisture/water in underneath the sole, it's very hard for the shoes to dry out again and the moisture can become trapped and not very nice.

FWIW, I've never had to re sole a pair of leathersoled shoes yet apart from replacing the heel. I'd just advise to get metal toe taps put on and that's all.

+1

Not arguing about it. Topying is just not for me. That is all.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Topy and no-topy live together in perfect harmony
Side by side in my shoe cupboard, oh lord, why don't we?
We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in evryone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You just made me hate paul and stevie.

Hmmm popped down to DJ's earlier for quick browse.

Still nothing too awesome.
ZZegna, PRL, D'Urban about $700 on sales rack. Same rack Armani Collezioni about $1000. Ted Baker endurance about $650. Basically MEH.

A few ties on sale. See some Canali for $90, Giorgio Armani about $60.

Down at Rhodes and Beckett, ties are $60 there too.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ You just made me hate paul and stevie.

Hmmm popped down to DJ's earlier for quick browse.

Still nothing too awesome.
ZZegna, PRL, D'Urban about $700 on sales rack. Same rack Armani Collezioni about $1000. Ted Baker endurance about $650. Basically MEH.

A few ties on sale. See some Canali for $90, Giorgio Armani about $60.

Down at Rhodes and Beckett, ties are $60 there too.

I haven't been inspired by anything in DJ's for quite some time.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
I haven't been inspired by anything in DJ's for quite some time.

Really? They've inspired me to believe that you can import basically anything, stick a 500% mark-up on it, hire some clueless dogsbody to tell you "you loook great in that, MATE" and stick it all 6 ******* escalators up in a building, and it'll still be successful.

It's a business model for the ages that place.

lennier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanohare
Really? They've inspired me to believe that you can import basically anything, stick a 500% mark-up on it, hire some clueless dogsbody to tell you "you loook great in that, MATE" and stick it all 6 ******* escalators up in a building, and it'll still be successful.

It's a business model for the ages that place.

But if they can just open 24/7 we'll all be flocking there at 2am to buy stuff rather than get it online!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lennier
But if they can just open 24/7 we'll all be flocking there at 2am to buy stuff rather than get it online!

Actually that brings up the issue with ALL Australian retailers. What the hell is up with shops closing at the same time or earlier than when we finish work? They open when we don't have the time to shop and close when we do.

Opening at 9am is pretty pointless as those who need to work, work and those who don't need to, well most wouldn't bother with this early. It usually is from late morning onwards that has the numbers turning up.

lennier

Reaction score
Actually that brings up the issue with ALL Australian retailers. What the hell is up with shops closing at the same time or earlier than when we finish work? They open when we don't have the time to shop and close when we do.

Opening at 9am is pretty pointless as those who need to work, work and those who don't need to, well most wouldn't bother with this early. It usually is from late morning onwards that has the numbers turning up.

Yes, I'm afraid that the major Australian retailers really do not have clue 1, let alone any of the subsequent clues.

Doug11

Reaction score
Hi,'
I hope this isn't like asking on a Ferrari Forum "Can I buy a reliable model?" but I totally wear out (as in destroy) about 4 suits every year and would like to get something a bit more durable before the bank forceloses on my Credit Cards.

I buy reasonably cheap - middle range suits (Fletcher Jones Purple label 100% wool, Anthony Squires,A suit from one of those suit shops in the city for $499 and a Studio Italiano for DJ's)- but will spend more if there is value in it.

All 4 wore out the pants in less than 18 months - either shiny ass or crotch worn through or just look like crasp.
I will go for the 2 trouser suits next - but would like advice on hard wearing.

thanks
Digger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads