• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Damn son, arent you up early on a holiday?!
speaking of recent purchases, visited the parents today. had some bomb-ass borscht. I picked up some nice wheat bread from a russian deli that went great with the soup.
drool.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
I was just about to ask you the same thing. Actually, I have yet to go to sleep. Getting ready for a breakup, unfortunately. Thinking of what to say.. Stocking up on socks made the process a bit more enjoyable

Spoken like a true SF'er. Life changing decision in front of you - buy ******* multiple socks
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by NAMOR
speaking of recent purchases, visited the parents today. had some bomb-ass borscht. I picked up some nice wheat bread from a russian deli that went great with the soup.
drool.gif

Im jealous. Although my inlaws arrived yesterday to stay with us for a week, so I get homemade German food for a week :nahnahnah:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im jealous. Although my inlaws arrived yesterday to stay with us for a week, so I get homemade German food for a week :nahnahnah:

You poor man.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if serious? Im very excited for these meals.

smile.gif
I was, actually. German cuisine... err. But I'm sure you'll get nice food.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
smile.gif
I was, actually. German cuisine... err. But I'm sure you'll get nice food.

Wow...not to derail the thread, but how could you not like German cuisine?? Although you are relatively skinny, so I can only assume that you have not had many samples.
laugh.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...not to derail the thread, but how could you not like German cuisine?? Although you are relatively skinny, so I can only assume that you have not had many samples.
laugh.gif

Thanks for the skinny part... Must have been the German food I got on vacations as a child. I only remember lots of bland Kartoffeln and fat stuff.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was also at my folks yesterday...dad made his meatballs and a sauce...effing great. I also purchased socks Saturday, but more for casual wear...

298063fb.jpg

Got some Met colors...hey, they're not bad for a minor league baseball team.

Then I got these dress socks:

5bcee2bc.jpg

To wear with A NEW SUIT! (Bob Barker Price is Right Font)

76b10568.jpg

b0896428.jpg

750e57bf.jpg

IBJanky

Reaction score
I went on a little shopping spree last month as a birthday present to myself
biggrin.gif

Bought some shoes:

lowndes-black.jpg

stratford-chestnut.jpg

ilford-suede.jpg

And some dress shirts. First two are tuxedo shirts for my sister's wedding in 2 weeks.

lewin_01.jpg

lewin_02.jpg

lewin_03.jpg

lewin_04.jpg

New watch:
2003085099ocean-gmt_uni_01.jpg

Also got a new tuxedo:

IMG_2424.jpg

myke

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of this talk about food is reminding me that the remnants of the giant ass bone in rib eye I grilled at my dad's saturday has been sitting in a ziploc baggie in the back of my wife's car for 30 hours...
facepalm.gif

kellgy

Reaction score
I had to get these for my new cub scout leader outfit. Styling for my boy (and me of course).

MyIndyShoes.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow...not to derail the thread, but how could you not like German cuisine??

because, we know it, hehe

for you, it's different. you just have it once in a while, so it's like something precious and exotic. also, it is homemade, which makes a big difference.

you should post the meal of the day in the waywt and nobd and me will approve.
cheers.gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl

for you, it's different. you just have it once in a while, so it's like something precious and exotic. also, it is homemade, which makes a big difference.
:

They just opened a GREAT German place up the street from me...but its true, we usually only eat it once or twice a year...great food, very heavy.

Myke, great tux man, killer shoes as well...have fun at the wedding...my bro was supposed to get married this year, but
musicboohoo[1].gif
Poor guy.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Thanks for the skinny part... Must have been the German food I got on vacations as a child. I only remember lots of bland Kartoffeln and fat stuff.

Hard to see how one could argue with this line of thinking; feels very, very familiar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads