Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by A Harris, Sep 23, 2008.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Damn son, arent you up early on a holiday?!
    speaking of recent purchases, visited the parents today. had some bomb-ass borscht. I picked up some nice wheat bread from a russian deli that went great with the soup. [​IMG]

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I was just about to ask you the same thing. Actually, I have yet to go to sleep. Getting ready for a breakup, unfortunately. Thinking of what to say.. Stocking up on socks made the process a bit more enjoyable

Spoken like a true SF'er. Life changing decision in front of you - buy fucking multiple socks [​IMG]

speaking of recent purchases, visited the parents today. had some bomb-ass borscht. I picked up some nice wheat bread from a russian deli that went great with the soup. [​IMG]

Im jealous. Although my inlaws arrived yesterday to stay with us for a week, so I get homemade German food for a week :nahnahnah:

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Im jealous. Although my inlaws arrived yesterday to stay with us for a week, so I get homemade German food for a week :nahnahnah:

You poor man.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You poor man.

Not sure if serious? Im very excited for these meals.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Not sure if serious? Im very excited for these meals.

[​IMG] I was, actually. German cuisine... err. But I'm sure you'll get nice food.

6. SpooPoker

[​IMG] I was, actually. German cuisine... err. But I'm sure you'll get nice food.

Wow...not to derail the thread, but how could you not like German cuisine?? Although you are relatively skinny, so I can only assume that you have not had many samples. [​IMG]

7. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Wow...not to derail the thread, but how could you not like German cuisine?? Although you are relatively skinny, so I can only assume that you have not had many samples. [​IMG]

Thanks for the skinny part... Must have been the German food I got on vacations as a child. I only remember lots of bland Kartoffeln and fat stuff.

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I was also at my folks yesterday...dad made his meatballs and a sauce...effing great. I also purchased socks Saturday, but more for casual wear...

[​IMG]
    Got some Met colors...hey, they're not bad for a minor league baseball team.

Then I got these dress socks:

[​IMG]

To wear with A NEW SUIT! (Bob Barker Price is Right Font)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. IBJanky

IBJanky Senior member

I went on a little shopping spree last month as a birthday present to myself [​IMG]

Bought some shoes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some dress shirts. First two are tuxedo shirts for my sister's wedding in 2 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New watch:
    [​IMG]

Also got a new tuxedo:

[​IMG]

myke

10. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

All of this talk about food is reminding me that the remnants of the giant ass bone in rib eye I grilled at my dad's saturday has been sitting in a ziploc baggie in the back of my wife's car for 30 hours... [​IMG]

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

12. kellgy

kellgy Senior member

I had to get these for my new cub scout leader outfit. Styling for my boy (and me of course).

[​IMG]

13. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Wow...not to derail the thread, but how could you not like German cuisine??

because, we know it, hehe

for you, it's different. you just have it once in a while, so it's like something precious and exotic. also, it is homemade, which makes a big difference.

you should post the meal of the day in the waywt and nobd and me will approve. [​IMG]

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

for you, it's different. you just have it once in a while, so it's like something precious and exotic. also, it is homemade, which makes a big difference.
    :

They just opened a GREAT German place up the street from me...but its true, we usually only eat it once or twice a year...great food, very heavy.

Myke, great tux man, killer shoes as well...have fun at the wedding...my bro was supposed to get married this year, but [​IMG] Poor guy.

15. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Thanks for the skinny part... Must have been the German food I got on vacations as a child. I only remember lots of bland Kartoffeln and fat stuff.

Hard to see how one could argue with this line of thinking; feels very, very familiar.