• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
Sometimes i fiend to wear my Vass, EGs, CJs etc, but have no reason too. Maybe a huge closet cull is eminent

Indeed, and it may be imminent too
laugh.gif

ryanohare

Reaction score
Did someone here suggest a decent an alerations guy in the NAB Docklands building a while back?

I've searched but can't find it. If anyone can remember or find it, that'd be great.

Cheers.

xiaoli

Reaction score
Not much point have 11 suits when I work in advertising and my uniform is jeans and a tee
blush.gif

Wow advertising! Are you involved with award school this year?

quar

Reaction score
Any idea who's making MJB suiting? I had a look through it yesterday, and it doesn't seem nearly as nice as the original Ring Jacket Herrigbone suiting.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quar
Any idea who's making MJB suiting? I had a look through it yesterday, and it doesn't seem nearly as nice as the original Ring Jacket Herrigbone suiting.

Apparently is Aussie wool then processed and woven in Turkey then off to Japan for actual manafacture.

What must the mark up be to fit in that many processes and why are we not making top quality suits here? Talk about clever country....NOT!

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
Apparently is Aussie wool then processed and woven in Turkey then off to Japan for actual manafacture.

What must the mark up be to fit in that many processes and why are we not making top quality suits here? Talk about clever country....NOT!

Yes, it drives me to despair too! It is particualrly galling that retailers promote the fact they are using Aussie wool, yet all the manufacturing is conducted offshore, with the wool only returning to Australia as a finished (and imported) product.

bhall41

Reaction score
I wish i could blame auto correct, but that was all me
facepalm.gif

Lol, I often find myself editing my posts to avoid similar foot in mouth moments

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bhall41
Yes, it drives me to despair too! It is particualrly galling that retailers promote the fact they are using Aussie wool, yet all the manufacturing is conducted offshore, with the wool only returning to Australia as a finished (and imported) product.

Abolishing minimum wage will help keep manufacturing in Australia
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm all for all of you culling your stuff. I need me some cheap goods.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
Crikey - haven't seen a day like this in Sydney for a while. Nearly dark outside and only quarter to four. A good day to pull on the Craftsmans (Craftsmen?)!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Abolishing minimum wage will help keep manufacturing in Australia
biggrin.gif

Great idea how about abolishing the concept of billable hours while we're at it
devil.gif
^ Selvaggio Saw the weather on the news tonight, wondering if I should take my snorkel and flippers to the Cure on Wednesday night. Mind you wouldn't mind some of that rain in Canberra.

__PG__

Reaction score
Hah..my wife is still in the office doing her 'billable hours'. She may be home by 10 pm if she's lucky.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin

Saw the weather on the news tonight, wondering if I should take my snorkel and flippers to the Cure on Wednesday night.

You'll need to get into the wayback machine for CURE and pack your "Goth Juice" - tease up the hair - break out the black suit and the Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads