• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Schuester fashion (Glee) - Good College Fashion? MASSIVE Slideshow!

3cyr3

Reaction score
thread save?
glee-gq-hot6.jpg

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
So I've talked to several people who enjoy watching Glee, and my question to them is always, "Isn't it just a vehicle for twenty-somethings playing high schoolers performing terrible pop songs?"

The best response I've gotten thus far is that there was one episode where they sang Fleetwood Mac.*

*Please note that Fleetwood Mac also sucks.

LukeM

Reaction score
That is sorta true but the show has also adressed alot of issues that teens face throughout the course of highschool such as teen pregnancy, bullying, being the outcast, poverty, and homosexuality.

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
do people actually watch glee for the hackneyed narrative or just for the musical numbers
I pray to god its for the 'music' bc the narrative and story lines SUCK. Thankfully my GF never really got into it so I was only forced to endure a episode or 2. It was actually really popular in the town I live when it first started ( its pretty much really popular everywhere now, i guess
ffffuuuu.gif
) as one of the chicks on the show went to the same high school as I did and grew up in the same city. She was in my little brothers grade and I think was the homecoming queen or president of the school or something.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the girls are hot (they must all be 25 y/o right, not actually HS age?) and this is the best reason to watch. ya I am still posting in the glee thread

I have 2 degrees of separation from Will, long story.

On the show he looks like he is forced to wear a tie (which is how he is supposed to look), so I don't see how he is a style icon for anyone. Unless you want to look like you are forced to wear a tie.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew a guy who dressed like this in college and girls loved it
Dude was also very attractive
Are you an attractive dude?

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
if you dress boisterously you might attract certain girls but you'll also turn off others

not all girls are into dudes who dress boisterously

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
the girls are hot (they must all be 25 y/o right, not actually HS age?) and this is the best reason to watch.

Disagree. Hot girls may make a bad show vaguely tolerable, but they do not constitute a reason to watch a bad show in and of themselves. Claiming hot girls is a form of apologism as weak as "the show has also adressed alot of issues that teens face throughout the course of highschool".

If you watch the show, you watch it because you enjoy flimsy, hackneyed plots that serve mostly to lead up to performances of terrible pop songs, and you enjoy the performances of terrible pop songs.

Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
if you dress boisterously you might attract certain girls but you'll also turn off others

not all girls are into dudes who dress boisterously

This is a really good point. Particularly in college, dressing like a jackass will attract attention. Attention will get you conversations with girls, even though there's a decent chance they'll be corny and attention-seeking as well.

There was a decent discussion of "peacocking" in another thread, and I think wearing an unnecessary and incongruous necktie is a fair example of this. (see also: UrbanAesthetics)

threeLegDog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
This guy's look is strategically designed to get hopeless 40 year old suburban women wet. Avoid it in every particular.
Unless that is what you want
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads