• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
boa0811bor_01

I like the tassels—$300 for a hoodie, though?
uhoh.gif
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
4b6c1350.jpg
Polka dot pants, I have the jacket already... Dunno if i have the balls to wear a full dot suit, though... What do y'all think?

I like it, it's a little bit too needle-pin, for me, but maybe it's the picture? Wear either, on their own, in my opinion!

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NWOT RLBL Anthony Wool Gabardine suits in my size (38S) Black for $800 and Grey for $900? NWOT Filson 232 Tan for $110?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
uhoh.gif

Most nicer hoodies (e.g. W+H, Mr. Olive) cost around $200. So $300 is not unreasonable if the quality is high and the OP likes it. I just paid $800 for a wjk hoodie myself and the quality is far, far higher than any $200 hoodie I've handled.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Get an AA one though, the UO hoodies have awful fabric, really terrible stuff you could find at a Wal Mart or something.

Originally Posted by notwithit
The standard AA ones (I think they call them California fleece) have kind of terrible zippers, unless they've changed them recently. I have a stripey AA hoodie that has sort of a terry loop inside and a more substantial zipper, and I like that one quite a bit.

Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
uhoh.gif

Originally Posted by BB1
Most nicer hoodies (e.g. W+H, Mr. Olive) cost around $200. So $300 is not unreasonable if the quality is high and the OP likes it. I just paid $800 for a wjk hoodie myself and the quality is far, far higher than any $200 hoodie I've handled.

Thanks dudez. Will check out the AA (i assume 'A' stands for american rather than alternative) hoodies. Perhaps will compare them to UO ones too since I live really close to a UO store.

At some point though I'd really like to check out some of the nice Japanese **** that BB1 has so fervently advocated. The whole 'luxurious basics' kopping approach has its appeal, i think... for one thing you will be able to satisfy your desire for baller items without having to worry about them being socially off-putting*, and so you will actually be able to wear your balelr kops with some frequency.. And it's even more appealing i guess if you already subscribe to a ultra-minimalist aesthetics

*of course, this only matters if you're in a career / stage of your life where not being socially off-putting matters ...

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by karmaguy
go for the shoes. also, the shirt looks like something I could grab at hot topic

Shirt looks good, shoes look like something I could buy at any boring-ass pseudo-JCrew joint anywhere.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu

or should i instead get this boo red hoodie (or neither?!!)
00140m.jpg

boa0811bor_01

i would not get that BOO hoodie. i looked into it a little bit and it's really an unspectacular, run-of-the-mill hoodie

what's more, materials and fit are almost identical to the sorts of hoodies j. crew sells for like $50

thatguymj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
i would not get that BOO hoodie. i looked into it a little bit and it's really an unspectacular, run-of-the-mill hoodie

what's more, materials and fit are almost identical to the sorts of hoodies j. crew sells for like $50

Good advice.

I really wanted one of those hoodies as well and after checking them out at Barneys the other day I was REALLY disappointed. I love BoO in general, too.

The one thing I disagree with is the fit is much better than a jcrew or any other run of the mill hoodie. Though, to be honest, the size L (which is the size I wear in shirts, jackets, sweaters from BoO) was too short for a hoodie, imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads