• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fitting for Bespoke G&G - Who to Meet

Dib

Reaction score
I'm thinking of commissioning my first pair of bespoke shoes, and after a fair bit of research am leaning towards G&G.

I was wondering if forum members had any input or suggestions as to who I should ask to do my fittings, Dean or Tony? I have read in certain places that Dean is more involved in the bespoke side of things whereas Tony is more involved in the design process.

My primary reason for going bespoke is to achieve the best fit possible (as I struggle to find RTW shoes that I find completely comfortable) and from that perspective I suspect Dean would be the person to see. That said, design is also important to me which makes me think Tony would be better placed to discuss that.

I've heard excellent things about both Tony and Dean, so the answer may well be that I'll be in safe and experienced hands whoever I see, but if any members had any input/suggestions one way or the other then that would be gratefully received.

Dib

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Tony handles the bespoke side of the business and is very passionate about design, if you are looking for something a little off the beaten track then Tony may be the best person to see, Dean takes care of the financial part of the firm and the sales of the RTW and MTO shoes.

However they visit different cities sometime separately. I would not be too concerned who you get to see if you want a pretty standard shoe, they are both very professional and will do a great job.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Tony makes the lasts.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
if you are a little unsure then go see them both

Dib

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
if you are a little unsure then go see them both

Do you think they would be amenable to that? I thought it might be a little awkward asking to meet both and then choosing one to work with.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dib
Do you think they would be amenable to that? I thought it might be a little awkward asking to meet both and then choosing one to work with.

There is no choice, they are a team. You hire the firm. Even if you meet Dean first, Tony will make your last. They both know what they are doing.

Dib

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
There is no choice, they are a team. You hire the firm. Even if you meet Dean first, Tony will make your last. They both know what they are doing.

Ok, thanks.

In which case, I assume being measured up by Tony is probably the preferred route (i.e. I imagine there are certain benefits to being measured up and fitted by the person who then goes on to make your last).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads