• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why no love for BB?

classicusa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Perhaps the best thing is that BB is one of the few one-stop places for menswear. I know they were better and higher quality back in the day, but it is one of the few stores where I feel I could go when the airline has lost all my luggage and outfit myself for a business trip from head to toe.

Thats's it. Bingo.

25 years ago you could go into BB and almost everything was high quality---even their intro Brooksgate line. Remember that? Good stuff at very good prices. Back then, Golden Fleece was VERY expensive relative to anything else.

Today, they are more price competitive at list price, and you have to "pick through" to find the quality stuff, but it is there. Its just not as easy anymore.

Back in the day, almost all my clothes came out of BB...it was very easy to go in and get things, particularly those after Christmas sales, that really started a week or so before Chirstmas. I've gotten away from them since the late 90s because the quality was way down. They have improved recently, and I am trying them again. Although their selection of Aldens seems to get weaker, short of an Alden specialty store, it is still the best place to source Alden shoes.

They are getting better.

Now, just get some competent salespeople in the stores, and fix the website/inventory mgmt software!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Milano and Fitzgerald...

I have one of each from their GF lines. Beautiful suits and excellent quality!

Plenty of love from me. I don't mess with their 1818 stuff though.

ShelterIslandMike

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 1818 classic two-button navy blazer fits true to size?

I had to size up from a 40R to a 41R on the Madison suits. The salesman told me that BB has started cutting the suits slimmer. I don't know about the blazers.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Center vent = Fail.

Not to get into a vent debate, but single vents on sport coats are widely accepted no?

Maybe the quality on BB has dropped in 25 years (most brands do) but I think they still have a great offering for the price. I find that as I am willing to spend more, I will move away from this store, but I think it's great for basics.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
The Fitz is very similar to the Polo Bradford. And the Milano is like the RLBL Anthony (minus the shoulder padding)

Really? I don't think so. Bradford has definitely more waist suppression than Fitz. Milano is more like a slimed down version of Polo II, than RLBL. Completely different aesthetics.

For the record I own Milano, RLBL, Polo II, always want Bradford, but can never find 36 on sale..., tried Fitz a few times as well as Regent, I think I would have bought Regent had the armhole been higher, and would have bought Fitze had it been dual vent, oh well...

In general I think the 1818 line offer good value for money though. By the way does anyone know who makes the "Made in Italy" 1818 suit for BB?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
Really? I don't think so. Bradford has definitely more waist suppression than Fitz. Milano is more like a slimed down version of Polo II, than RLBL. Completely different aesthetics.

For the record I own Milano, RLBL, Polo II, always want Bradford, but can never find 36 on sale..., tried Fitz a few times as well as Regent, I think I would have bought Regent had the armhole been higher, and would have bought Fitze had it been dual vent, oh well...

In general I think the 1818 line offer good value for money though. By the way does anyone know who makes the "Made in Italy" 1818 suit for BB?

Lardini

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
Milano is more like a slimed down version of Polo II, than RLBL. Completely different aesthetics.
What are the aesthetic differences? I know that RLBL has more padded shoulders compared to Milano.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like their new blazer.
Side Vent, High armhole, regent fit. but slim lapel is my deal breaker. Looks like decent basic blazer.

Link

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Im not so stuck on the Made in Italy thing, I prefer the concept: "Made in anywhere but China",
<starts looking around the room and contents of wardrobe, concludes the only thing which isn't 'Made in China' is yours truly>
Originally Posted by Klobber
or more specifically "Made in EU, USA, Japan, Scandanavia" or in some part of world where the garment makers are paid a decent wage and have to be highly skilled to earn that wage.
Hmmm that can be rather difficult these days. Anyway just because something says 'Made in England' or 'Made in USA' does not necessarily mean the workers are been given a decent rate of pay or are even highly skilled artisans. I know for a fact there are plenty of minimum-wage sweatshops within the UK, usually Manchester.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads