• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah the true hypocrisy lies in how many are quick to espouse tenets of being an iGent. Look at the America's Best Dressed Real Man thread where they continually derided the eventual winner, Dan, simply because 'foo was also in the contest. Insults ranged from clothing (as expected) to completely unrelated subjects such as the merit of his education, or claiming he was some rich spoiled brat who sucked up money from his father (neither of which were founded claims, just speculation). Or the old thread regarding tattoos where people were claiming that all women with tattoos were tramps. Real gentlemen-like
sarcasm.gif

drum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Balut is good, ya'll. Also had dog and snake before, both decent.

Balut is great if you can get past its appearance. Most people I know who actually tried it think it's good.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djlukin
Dark wash jeans > light wash. Love my pair of 7FAM dark wash Austyn fit. Never will buy a non-slim-fit shirt again. Powder blue chinos and a blazer seems like an amazing look. What dress shirt color? white? what tie color?

Originally Posted by wEstSidE
**** you

wow.

but made me lol
laugh.gif

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything worse than people wearing "designer" jeans in really ugly washes.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Sure there is: people wearing designer jeans in really ugly washes paired with loafers, a dress shirt, a tie, and an orphaned suit jackets, covering themselves in a thick layer of hair gel and fragrance.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always enjoy compliments from total strangers. Especially if it's on the morning of a day-long stint of jury duty.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I know how both of those scenarios feel

I have been thinking about lowering my personal resistance to denim, which might lead to an AR_Six-esque reinvention down the line

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
max-power-1.jpg

****. Now I'm really tempted to get a white BD monogrammed with "Max Power". (0)

Homer Simpson: [Homer is buying a shirt] ... And I want the monogram to read "M-a-x P-o-w..."
Store Clerk: Sir, traditionally, mongrams are just your initials.
Homer Simpson: Max Power doesn't abbrieviate! In his name, each letter is as important as the one that preceded it. Maybe even *more* important... No, *as* important.
Store Clerk: Fine.
[She walks away with the shirt to apply the monogram]
Homer Simpson: And if there's any room left, add a bunch of exclamation points and a pirate flag!
You can have the second version.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now I have the Max Power song stuck in my head.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Now I have the Max Power song stuck in my head.

Had this in my head all week

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^**** you man, seriously, I would totally take that but YJP auctions is like the mother lode of awesome stuff that I can't have. I don't even look anymore for windowshopping purposes, it's too painful. Thankfully that's a 2, I'm a 3, so it's not so bad.

Honestly I think if I lived in Japan I would probably run a side business of stealing things off yjp and selling them on here / sz / sufu at 30% markup. The backlash leathers alone would make a killing.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by barims
I have been thinking about lowering my personal resistance to denim, which might lead to an AR_Six-esque reinvention down the line

so it begins......

someone shop Barims' head on an AR6 fit.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
^**** you man, seriously, I would totally take that but YJP auctions is like the mother lode of awesome stuff that I can't have. I don't even look anymore for windowshopping purposes, it's too painful. Thankfully that's a 2, I'm a 3, so it's not so bad.

Honestly I think if I lived in Japan I would probably run a side business of stealing things off yjp and selling them on here / sz / sufu at 30% markup. The backlash leathers alone would make a killing.

why do you have to make things so difficult on yourself? all you have to do is email hide-san, and he can buy it for you once you send money through paypal. 3 days later, and its at your door man.

also, I already know people who do that with julius stuff all the time, I only get mad when I lose to them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads