• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5614472914_a2fb2690f5_z.jpg
levi's sweatshirt wings+horns samurai black alden indy's fine wine country

stick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
The thing is baffling to me. It's a thin summer leather apparently, but has knit cuffs. It appears to have some sort of wide covered placket snap closure system. The weirdest thing are the two curvey strips of leather which appear to be extruding from the surface of the jacket. I do not understand the "why" of any of this, it seems like just a bunch of weird design choices made for no reason.

It's supposed to be a copy of this RO, I think from S/S07 or thereabouts:
rickowens_1165690838_7512213.jpg

It's a pretty horrible copy though, it looks like ****.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Asymmetrical shirt; RO triple layer I posted in RP a couple days back.

Thank God for the meritocracies of the world... the head of our litigation department once told me, quote, "man, you dress weird." Yet here I am.

The concept of "stakes" applies most readily to the internet in the sense that most of this crap would never be said in person, in large part as a result of social niceties and instilled instincts of politeness but somewhat also for fear of getting punched in the face.

someone sig please

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
^Asymmetrical shirt; RO triple layer I posted in RP a couple days back. Thank God for the meritocracies of the world... the head of our litigation department once told me, quote, "man, you dress weird." Yet here I am. The concept of "stakes" applies most readily to the internet in the sense that most of this crap would never be said in person, in large part as a result of social niceties and instilled instincts of politeness but somewhat also for fear of getting punched in the face.
the concept of stakes most readily applies to places like the middle east, where you can literally be killed for how you dress. luckily snowman will never be stoned to death for how he dresses, but he (like all of us here) runs the risk of not getting hired for a job or being judged.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
5614472914_a2fb2690f5_z.jpg

levi's sweatshirt
wings+horns
samurai black
alden indy's
fine wine country

was gonna say, hills look perfect for vineyards :p

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
it just came across to me that you dress however you dress because of where you live. (small town in new york) so i said, it doesnt matter, dress in whatever way makes you happy. place shouldnt dictate. thats all

i don't live in small town new york anymore, i live in a big city and i wear well fitting but boring clothes because my job requires it, the two days a week i get to wear whatever i want i'm just wearing a button down or tee and jeans because i'm relaxing. not spending mad cash on weekend wear dawg, just more casual **** than i wear during the week. not tryna look like buzz lightyear on my days off.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the concept of stakes most readily applies to places like the middle east, where you can literally be killed for how you dress. luckily snowman will never be stoned to death for how he dresses, but he (like all of us here) runs the risk of not getting hired for a job or being judged.

laugh.gif

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stick

Reaction score
^^^ Haha, it's not the greatest RO but I don't think that one's that bad. Something about the proportions and lines of the BS replica are just wrong though, the curves of the lines on the jacket make it look fat. Very fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads