• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Vegas next week; Can I wear these dress shoes with dark denim??

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the desert boots are in a darker colour, would they not be suitable in place of the other (awful) shoes you have posted?

Desert boots are generally SF approved.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
If the desert boots are in a darker colour, would they not be suitable in place of the other (awful) shoes you have posted?

Desert boots are generally SF approved.

the desert boots are the beeswax color...i dont know if they will turn me down at the door with those on though?

also, they would look silly with a black blazer, am i right?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thefastlife
am i right?

No. Get the desert boots. Get a pair of bucks. Get a pair of weejuns. But cheap black leather shoes are a bad idea with jeans.

First rule: do not wear black dress shoes with jeans.
Second rule: do NOT wear black dress shoes with jeans.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Beeswax are a great option for jeans man...just do it.

i have them already, they look awesome. i question how they would look with a black blazer is all

tom_s252

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thefastlife
i have them already, they look awesome. i question how they would look with a black blazer is all

Any minute now, someone will show up here and rant at great length about how if it's black it's not a blazer. If you're lucky, they'll even mention the Royal Navy ship of the same name. Don't let them put you off though...

The more pressing point would be whether a black jacket over dark blue jeans is a good idea, and that might depend on the shirt. What's the jacket made of?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grenadier
All of those shoes are horrendous. You'll be in Vegas, go drop in at Neiman Marcus, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, or Tom Ford and get a pair of black loafers.

lol8[1].gif
assuming the OP is made of money, particularly in Tom Ford case...

I love the way you put it in a matter of factly way, sure no problem, just go in and spend a few grand on a pair of shoes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tom_s252
Any minute now, someone will show up here and rant at great length about how if it's black it's not a blazer.

Black is a color, a Blazer is a piece of clothing. Just kidding.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tom_s252
Any minute now, someone will show up here and rant at great length about how if it's black it's not a blazer. If you're lucky, they'll even mention the Royal Navy ship of the same name. Don't let them put you off though...

The more pressing point would be whether a black jacket over dark blue jeans is a good idea, and that might depend on the shirt. What's the jacket made of?

black wool jacket

alphaO888

Reaction score
No offense but to everyone who's giving him a hard time about his shoes, please remember this guy is going to Vegas and not Monte Carlo.

95% of the people in Vegas are degenerates and the place is dirty anyway.

If anything just wear a pair of sneakers if you're not dressing up and if you are those shoes are fine. As long as you're spending money at the tables people could care less.

bwp

Reaction score
With a black jacket and black shoes over dark denim you will look just like everyone else in vegas. If you have black trousers to match the coat I would go that route.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alphaO888
No offense but to everyone who's giving him a hard time about his shoes, please remember this guy is going to Vegas and not Monte Carlo.

If anything just wear a pair of sneakers if you're not dressing up and if you are those shoes are fine. As long as you're spending money at the tables people could care less.

thanks and i appreciate it, but id also like to party/club/pick up women so i dont want to look like a total herb

thesecondprize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alphaO888

+1

99% of people in Vegas are far more interested in gambling and/or drinking than what you're wearing. You see more people in sweats than dress shoes. Wear whatever's comfortable - you're probably going to do a LOT of time walking, unless you're wanting to fork over money for cabs (which would be surprising considering your shoe budget).

If you want to get into a decent club, you'll need leather shoes. But, as was mentioned, you'll probably spend more than your shoe budget in that club. Pass on those loafers and save your cash for the bartender.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thesecondprize
+1

99% of people in Vegas are far more interested in gambling and/or drinking than what you're wearing. You see more people in sweats than dress shoes. Wear whatever's comfortable - you're probably going to do a LOT of time walking, unless you're wanting to fork over money for cabs (which would be surprising considering your shoe budget).

If you want to get into a decent club, you'll need leather shoes. But, as was mentioned, you'll probably spend more than your shoe budget in that club. Pass on those loafers and save your cash for the bartender.

technically arent desert boots leather? i still feel they may give me a hard time with them and im sure the dark brown beeswax doesnt go with a black blazer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads