Going to Vegas next week; Can I wear these dress shoes with dark denim??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thefastlife, Apr 11, 2011.

1. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

im not sure, i dont want to look absurd. i dk if they are too dressy for jeans (7FAMK and Diesel) or not

[​IMG]

2. thefastlife

3. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

not in Vegas, no.

4. thefastlife

not in Vegas, no.

?

no newb love here huh

5. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

I personally would wear brown shoes. I guess if you're wearing Seven jeans it's not going to matter much.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

looks a little "I had to come here for a conference but only packed my dress shoes" - ish. If you're trying to dress up then ok, beats sneakers. What else you got?

7. thefastlife

looks a little "I had to come here for a conference but only packed my dress shoes" - ish. If you're trying to dress up then ok, beats sneakers. What else you got?

as far as black leather shoes, thats it. i guess i can order a pair on zappos right now but id rather save the $140 that im going to spend on new shoes and use it on gambling/something else there

but, if it looks silly i wouldnt mind investing in a pair of black loafers or something

8. thefastlife

so if i go with something else it would be one of these [​IMG] [​IMG] or [​IMG]

9. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

All of those shoes are horrendous. You'll be in Vegas, go drop in at Neiman Marcus, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, or Tom Ford and get a pair of black loafers.

10. thefastlife

the 1st are rockport, 2nd clarks, 3rd cole haan. 3rd is most expensive at $140

11. thefastlife

All of those shoes are horrendous. You'll be in Vegas, go drop in at Neiman Marcus, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, or Tom Ford and get a pair of black loafers.

i dont have that kind of money or i would love to get a nice pair of shoes from one of those designers. im in the ~$100 range

12. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

i dont have that kind of money or i would love to get a nice pair of shoes from one of those designers. im in the ~$100 range

You would be throwing your money away on any one of those shoes. If you can't afford to spend at least $300, you aren't going to have any quality options. Tennis shoes are just fine in Vegas though; you can't get into the clubs, but a club is going to cost you $200-500 by the end of the night.

13. NoNothingGuy

NoNothingGuy Senior member

Those shoes from Zappos are AWFUL. Just wear the ones you already have and save up for some decent shoes down the road. Take a look at some of the WAYWRN threads to see what pops out to you. You can learn a lot by lurking here.

14. thefastlife

Those shoes from Zappos are AWFUL. Just wear the ones you already have and save up for some decent shoes down the road. Take a look at some of the WAYWRN threads to see what pops out to you. You can learn a lot by lurking here.

thanks for the info. i mean, im not going to look 100% silly in the original ones i posted (the ones i already have)

the jeans cover most of the laces...

15. thefastlife

also any other clothing staples for the clubs down there? i know it depends on personal style. im more of a dark denim/dark v neck kind of guy.

i have a few nice pairs of jeans, clarks desert boots for the day time, going to order another pair of regular sneakers to walk around in, have some nice button up shirts as well as a blazer