• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Think I'm Taking the Plunge: WoW Cataclysm

lyubm

Reaction score
For me nothing beats the thrill of original EQ, that sense of community was something else, heck first time i stepped into PoF i was actually scared IRL lol played that for 6 years before moving to WoW for few years and it all just lost its fun.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Until your corpse (and all your gear) goes *poof* because you went under the level cap for the Planes and could not get back up to 46 in time to retrieve your corpse...it's all easy juice. Seriously, there is simply no comparing any flavour of WoW to EQ.

There were so many times in EQ I was literally scared; I doubt any game could do that for me now. Running through Kithicor at night up along the wall . . . or the first time going up to Fear, or Hate. That's a big reason that game was so addictive; crazy emotional highs and lows.

Bartolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
But you keep talking about it... and thinking about it...

It never goes away. As I posted earlier, I quit EQ in 2004 and STILL think about it. Crazy.

Hazad

Reaction score
Pio, have you considered just playing Project 1999? I think we both played eq and wow during the same timetable and that's what I've been playing in my spare time. EQemu is pretty fun, I usually play on 2 servers to pass the time, EZserver for fun solo stuff and Project 1999 for vanilla nostalgia. It's all free and a surprising amount of people play. Best of all you certainly don't need a new comp. Just get a copy of either eq titanium or SoD ( I think the servers run sod now) and install the few things that the EQemu site tells you and youll be in kelethin in no time training orcs.

You can torrent either eq version too since you're on private servers anyway.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hazad, thanks for the idea.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's a good thing you fought off the wow urge man... that game destroyed my life. lols.

Originally Posted by aphextwin07
outside_mmorpg.jpg

no wonder this game flopped. with ****** marketing posters like that...

acularw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartolo
It never goes away. As I posted earlier, I quit EQ in 2004 and STILL think about it. Crazy.

Yeah I was the GM of a somewhat progression oriented raiding guild in WoW. I had to quit when WotLK was about to come out in late 2008 because the game was just such an addiction.

I still get pangs every once in a while since it really was a pretty fun time BS'ing with friends over Ventrillo. Pretty sure my guild has disbanded as the website is down, so that makes it easier...

I have avoided any other massive time sinks as I don't ever want to be in a situation where some hobby is dictating too much of my schedule or personal life...

Hazad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Hazad, thanks for the idea.

cheers.gif
just let me know if you have any install issues, the sites have pretty good setup guides but I was slightly confused my first time.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't get a hexa-core AMD proc. Either get the Intel Sandy Bridge i7-2600k (can often OC to 5ghz on air) or wait until AMD Bulldozer drops.

Also, be sure to use a nice case like a Silverstone FT-02 or Fractal Design Define XL. That newegg jobber is ugly as sin.

I've had a few urges to get back into MMO's but thankfully they've been quashed with other hobbies; getting into cycling and working on restoring some mid-century chairs.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've got the urge quashed. Again. For now.
laugh.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Can always use a nice, new PC for other things...like SF surfing
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Even SWAD doesn't take that much computing power.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Haven't been too involved with computer gaming past few years (occasionally play Warcraft3). I will definitely buying a new machine for when Diablo3 comes out. I am also planning on forfeiting any free time I have immediately following purchase. Hope some of you will be playing, definitely would be fun to play online since I don't really have any e-friends.
blush.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Picked up a nice ASUS laptop tons of RAM, i7 core, and a Radeon video card. I logged on last night and am reading the forums to figure out how to play my DK again. My last guild is gone, no surprise, and I'm trying to figure things out. Total blank slate on setting up my talents, glyphs, spell rotations, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads