• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bourbon.

dt1027

Reaction score
Eagle Rare 10 Year is my daily drinker, but Blanton's is my favorite if cost isn't an issue.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
(...) Cripes. I read this twice, wrongly, and in horror that I thought you said "Like Gnatty and Thomas I DON'T CARE FOR BOURBON much." Whoa. ~ H
I can imagine that being horrifying to read!
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by gnatty8
You hit the nail on the head. The only time I "trust" the opinion of another palate with regards to something like spirits is when somebody says something is downright horrible. Otherwise, you are right, this is about individual taste.
Agree completely.
Originally Posted by indesertum
what;s this cyrus trick with vanilla and orange peel?
Drop in a (split) vanilla pod and some orange zest in your bourbon of choice and let it sit a few weeks. Kwilk noted that Weller 12 is good for this - IMHO its hazelnut finish gains a lot from the treatment - but I wouldn't do this for most other bourbons.

Esa

Reaction score
I've been following this thread for some time. I've moved up in the world from Makers and Bulleit (mostly for ol' fashions) to Makers 46 and now Four Roses with an ice cube. I would like to find a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 year to see what the fuss is all about. I've called around and cant seem to find any. I travel between San Francisco and San Jose for work. Any suggestions?

Thanks
E

Kyoung05

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Esa
I've been following this thread for some time. I've moved up in the world from Makers and Bulleit (mostly for ol' fashions) to Makers 46 and now Four Roses with an ice cube. I would like to find a bottle of Eagle Rare 17 year to see what the fuss is all about. I've called around and cant seem to find any. I travel between San Francisco and San Jose for work. Any suggestions?

Thanks
E

I believe the Draegers in San Mateo has a bottle, along with the rest of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection.

Esa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kyoung05
I believe the Draegers in San Mateo has a bottle, along with the rest of the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection.

Thanks Kyoung05. They had a bottle and I picked it up. The place was like the wine museum in the middle of a grocery store.

Anyway, I gave it a try and really enjoyed it.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pappy 20. yay or nay?

duofold

Reaction score
Yay on the Pappy 20. Started out with Booker's. Given the cost (around $35), still one of my favorites.

Edit: checked to find that Booker's has gone up, sometimes substantially since I stocked up from Costco. Although $42 here in MN is not bad.

PvW 20 - not nearly as hot as Booker's, but still very full-bodied. If you can find it for $110-$120, snap it up.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Pappy 20. yay or nay?
A HUGE YAY. Still my favorite bourbon atm. Today is my day off, so I decide to crack open my 2010 WLW, wow it was really good.
Originally Posted by randydjack
Blanton's or Basil Hayden
Blanton's, don't waste your money on BH.

dmass1

Reaction score
No love for BH, warren G? I think its a great bourbon...

Do you not like it, or just don't think its worth the price?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmass1
No love for BH, warren G? I think its a great bourbon...

Do you not like it, or just don't think its worth the price?

Both. Its weak and it kinda tastes like flowers and burning.

randydjack

Reaction score
roflz I wasn't saying one or the other, I was saying that those are the two I'd order when it comes to Bourbon.

Blanton's is, by far, my favorite bourbon though.

Gentleman Jack's also fun.

dmass1

Reaction score
+1 on gentleman jack. I was suprised, considering how much I dislike standard JD 7

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads