• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Issues with Edward Green Service. Somewhat resolved. UPDATE 4/5

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it. It's a shame they don't fit you anymore. I kick myself for selling my pair in lieu of having EG recraft them but back then I couldn't justify the price. I may just buy a pair of Falkirks directly from them which you may wish to consider also. This way you can hand those down and continue the tradition
smile.gif

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question before contacting EG: How much would it cost in total (including shipping etc) to recraft a pair?

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
Quick question before contacting EG: How much would it cost in total (including shipping etc) to recraft a pair?

Including shipping in both directions from a US destination, I paid about $425. No special features either, like the metal toe. They turned out great though.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I plan on updating this thread over the next couple of days. My shoes are supposed to be here today.

On a side note, I hate UPS. They are charging me customs (requires someone to be home to pay) on my shoes, which I paid NOTHING to have EG "repair." They asked what the repairs would have cost, and they are charging me for the "increased value added to the shoes." What a bunch of crooks.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I plan on updating this thread over the next couple of days. My shoes are supposed to be here today.

On a side note, I hate UPS. They are charging me customs (requires someone to be home to pay) on my shoes, which I paid NOTHING to have EG "repair." They asked what the repairs would have cost, and they are charging me for the "increased value added to the shoes." What a bunch of crooks.

That sucks.

But is there a flat fee for recrafting, regardless of whatever treatment you ask for? I was under that impression since I was just quoted a flat rate and then asked to identify whatever sole treatment I wanted (toe taps, h/af sole, etc.). I wasn't quoted a different price then.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222

The devil wears brown.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover
Including shipping in both directions from a US destination, I paid about $425. No special features either, like the metal toe. They turned out great though.

$425 for recrafting?
facepalm.gif

You guys surely are some big-timers. I'll stick with state-side cobblers when my EG's are due for service.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was quoted GBP 185 on 3/18 by Luca at the Jermyn street shop - I sent my pair to him after failing repeatedly to get in touch directly with the factory. He seemed nice/knowledgeable enough.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another number I got after a quick search is GBP 195 shipping included. I guess the $425 amount was when 1 GBP = $2.

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
another number I got after a quick search is GBP 195 shipping included. I guess the $425 amount was when 1 GBP = $2.

Actually, it was about a month or so ago. I just got the previously mentioned UPS customs bill, too.

Are you saying I paid more than everyone else has to pay? That really sucks! What did I do to them?

Then again, I was identified as a "flagrant douche" in my "hit/run" thread so maybe I paid the flagrant douche price!
laugh.gif

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Related question - what happens if you refuse to pay the UPS extortion fees? I once had an order where the shipper agreed they should have used Royal Mail (as we had agreed prior to shipment) and so *they* paid the extortion fee somehow - but I sure as hell was never going to. I was prepared to chargeback and all, so I wouldn't have been out any money, but what would have happened to the package?

And before anyone gets upset or asks, it was a company, not an individual. Very happy with them otherwise, and their service even in that case was good, so I shan't name names.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads