• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
That's odd - I thought SF was a goldmine!

I thought so too
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Xenos
Overland sheepskin jacket with antler buttons. $9.99.

Picture009.jpg

Xenos,

Interested in that Spiewack and that Zegna tie. Trade? Let me know

JKMWCL

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of Ferragamo loafers today that I was hoping would fit me but, alas, they didn't. They are size 12D and black with a silver bit. They look similar to the "Giordano" model but not as squared off in the toe. Also, the leather piece holding the bit is more intricate. Very nice shoes in very good shape, probably excellent after being worked over by someone who knows what they're going.

I will take some pics when I get home but thought I'd throw them out on here for interest before actually putting them on B&S. PM me if interested.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
Okay - Trying one last time to post decent photos here. Yes, I created separate thread which some of you may have caught, but once I found this thread again I wanted to get the crowd here.
The basics: Zegna sports jacket from resale shop for $24 plus tax on 76%-off sale. Likely from 1990s but in excellent condition - really like new. European 50/U.S. 40 good, too. Gorgeous, totally silk/cashmere combination with rayon, full lining and three-button. All the right labels and originally from Saks.
All sources indicate a jacket like this off the rack would go for somewhere in the range of $1,700 to $2500. So I'm happy. Now I just hope the photos open properly....
Originally Posted by jobro
Cool story bro. It has already made an appearance in the thread, and another separate one.

still cant figure out if he's trying to sell it or not...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MacDaddy
+1 The logo just kind of jumps out at you.
But...why? That's sort of weird. Don't both companies sort of owe their appeal to the fact that their shirts are made in their country? Why would one ever switch hit for the other? Is it a Burberry shirt or a Gitman shirt? Who invented spray cheese, and why? Anyway, found a rich, beautifully-hued pair of split-toe Cole Haans; beautiful because they're the old 'crafted in maine' variety, made by a solid American company that Cole Haan later bought and moved overseas. Does anyone recall the name?
Jann4.jpg

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
noobizor;4293407 said:
But...why? That's sort of weird. Don't both companies sort of owe their appeal to the fact that their shirts are made in their country? Why would one ever switch hit for the other? Is it a Burberry shirt or a Gitman shirt? Who invented spray cheese, and why?
I think you'll find that most of the "labels" are made by someone else.

JGLB

Reaction score
No finds lately, just venting. I went to a store that had been out of the rotation for a while only, where I found a couple of pairs of AE, and some vintage J&M Aristocrafts. Yay! Wait.... what's this, someone punched security tags through the leather in the quarter?! What kind of effing moron does that?

JGLB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
also not pictured,a Harmony House mint condition Walnut credenza from teh sixties,already got a buyer for $400 cost me $20 bucks...this is how Frenchy rolls,gentlemen know your furniture!!!
Let me know if you ever find a Heywood Wakefield room divider, or Paul McCobb for Lane credenza you want to let go of on the cheap.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
today:

Isaia Cashmere Sport Coat (this fits me but its a 3 button so im on the fence if i want to keep it)
Isaia Wool Sportcoat
Hickey Freeman Brown Windowpane Sport Coat
Zegna Sport Coat

Picked up a few high end shirts and pants as well as a MINT wool Churchill LTD hat.

Zackb911

Reaction score
Anyone mind recommending some spots in the Boston area? Just looking for personal stuff really and enjoy the hunt
smile.gif

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
Ties. Lanvin, Zegna, Nina Ricci, Kiton. $1-$10.

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Like the Kiton

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by csoukoulis

Isaia Cashmere Sport Coat (this fits me but its a 3 button so im on the fence if i want to keep it)
Isaia Wool Sportcoat
Hickey Freeman Brown Windowpane Sport Coat
Zegna Sport Coat

If I pay you a small stipend, will you shop for me?

ffffuuuu.gif

matstyleku

Reaction score
My finds from today and yesterday, all at places farther from my house as I was staying at my sister's: Yesterday's find, I need to figure out the make:
IMG_1459.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg
IMG_1466.jpg
IMG_1461.jpg
IMG_1463.jpg
IMG_1468.jpg
IMG_1469.jpg
Finds from today. BB Golden Fleece:
IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1452.jpg
IMG_1451.jpg
First Isaia, size 56(46?) so will be up for trade after I get acquainted with it:
IMG_1454.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg
IMG_1455.jpg
Finally, found a place that knew the hangers are worth some money. Picked up 3, will probably get more of the plain wooden ones later. 1$ each. The Oxxford will go perfectly with the MTM Oxxford I picked up
IMG_1470.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics